Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

Although the father was wrong by pulling the trigger, I kind of understand him. Maybe because I have seen how some Thai-women can drive their partners totally mad. (Especially when children and/or money is involved)

I wonder if the understanding expressed by you and others is limited to foreigners killing Thai people or if it extends to Thai men killing their partner as well, as we occasionally read about (and where the sentiment seems very different than whats expressed in this thread).

To me ANYONE who acts "crazy" risks being killed for their actions. The woman brought the gun into the discussion with her former husband.

And ANYONE can under the right conditions snap and kill somebody. You push people too far and you risk your life. That goes for all... no matter if they are Thai or not.

Luca was a great guy and had been thru alot and still controlled himself until she pulled out a gun. What would any of you guys do in having another man bedding with your wife in the home that you own in addition to wanting all his other investment properties. He had been willing to split it three ways but that had not been enough for this greedy Thai. Others friends had given her advise of not having the gun but she was one that was better then others. Rest in peace Luca, certainly will miss you.

Yes we will mis you Luca.....!!!! RIP my friend.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Camry came down quite fast on Canal Rd., I was just behind it. I assume that is the wives car where the gun was supposedly inside. Not sure who was driving and if possibly a boyfriend was in the car too. But that appeared a bit confrontational and rushed from the beginning, the heat was on before they knew the boy was not at home....

But that's just my observation. Police took the car away later.

The boyfriend was a poiice officer....!!!!

For balance, I'll say this is NOT one of the most heart-breaking stories I've read on TV.

The parents obviously chose each other well and Darwin's helped them along, while the kid is at least still alive.

Any story which involves innocent bystanders dying is more heart-breaking than this one.

At this point I just want to mention that their 8 year son is well, and is taken care of by parents of a friend of his.

--> He has not been told yet. It will be a difficult time for him.

(He wasn't at a neighbor house like the article states, he was with acquaintances a bit further away so didn't see it happen.)

THX very much for the info,....Luca was a great guy, a bit naive maybe but a wonderful father for he's sun. RIP Luca...

Best regards Off Road Pat.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

He did marry the wrong woman,...I swear on every thing I love that Luca was never in fault,...he loved he's wife too much gave her everything (he was wealthy) and she poisoned he's life for years....until the bucket was full....Luca was a very nice guy and I am proud and honoured to had him as a friend....

Can't say more,..just read the news and i'm still in shock..RIP Luca.

Best regards,

THX very much for the info,....Luca was a great guy, a bit naive maybe but a wonderful father for he's sun. RIP Luca...

Best regards Off Road Pat.

Thank you. Things are progressing.

There has been a pediatric psychologist involved and their son has been told the things that matter, that there has been a terrible accident and his parents aren't coming back, but they will always watch over him from heaven.

He seemed okay for now.

Funeral arrangements are being made, and it actually looks like there will be a joint service for both of them together, which I think is a good thing.

At Wat San Pa Sak in Hang Dong.

2D00k42.jpg

9ZMyNRV.jpg

This woman had a Thai boyfriend who happened to be a cop , she then wants more then the three way split he offered, ( child,wife, himself) and then if that's not enough takes a gun out on him. How much can any one person take. RIP dear friend, I certainly know you were a good man who unfortunately met the wrong women.

Yes, Luca was a great guy, a wonderful father to he's son, a good and honest friend to me and my wife....and I have to say a great cook started to make some meals the day before just to get the taste right.he explained so good, why he made something this way and how it could influence the taste. A very sensitive guy....

Rest In Peace Luca, My friend.

I mentioned this story to my wife who says the Thai newspapers say that she went to pick up her son who he had left with his friend at another house while he went out for the weekend on his motorbike with friends

I can see how she would feel if this is true to have your son staying at another house on his weekend visit

I still say not taking the gun out of the car would have saved 2 lives but my wife says its the farangs fault leaving there son with another friend.

This went on for 20 minutes when i said i feel sorry for the son and she still says if the italian had took care of the son and not gone out on Big bikes at the weekend it would not have happened

I give up rip little boy so sad.

Your wife does not sound to intelligent and you nearly agreeing with her is scary. Have you been in Thailand that long that you no longer have common sense, your wife being Thai has an excuse.

Not sure about nearly agreeing why would anyone take a gun to pick up there son?

My wife is very intelligent but that makes little difference when an argument goes wrong.

As i said if a gun was not involved it would have been a heated argument.Feel sorry for the son and i am guessing nobody will know exactly what happened

Okay, lets be objective and rational then..

Is bringing a gun (Thai TV-show style) to an argument a "smart" move? Would both parents have been dead today, if there was no gun involved? Who brought the gun and is taking out a gun something generally "smart" to do when you are in an argument?

No-one has argued the lady was in the right, but you can’t put it all on her, especially since the guy not only killed her, but went on to commit suicide.

The Camry came down quite fast on Canal Rd., I was just behind it. I assume that is the wives car where the gun was supposedly inside. Not sure who was driving and if possibly a boyfriend was in the car too. But that appeared a bit confrontational and rushed from the beginning, the heat was on before they knew the boy was not at home....

But that's just my observation. Police took the car away later.

The boyfriend was a poiice officer....!!!!

Was wondering if he might be. I've been here too long.

News reporting the bad father line... but also the gun in his left hand - not sure why.

A completely different and plausible account of the wife getting the gun (and having it in first place) in self defence on Khasaod now.

Let's face it no one knows.....and does it really matter.

They are both gone and an innocent child is left.....and he will never know but will possibly question that he may have been the cause however minuscule or irrational. That is one hell of a potential burden no matter how many reassure otherwise.

The only innocent one potentially carries the most guilt. That is the real tragedy here.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456124502&section=12&typecate=06

A completely different and plausible account of the wife getting the gun (and having it in first place) in self defence on Khasaod now.

Let's face it no one knows.....and does it really matter.

They are both gone and an innocent child is left.....and he will never know but will possibly question that he may have been the cause however minuscule or irrational. That is one hell of a potential burden no matter how many reassure otherwise.

The only innocent one potentially carries the most guilt. That is the real tragedy here.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456124502&section=12&typecate=06

Oh no. Now we are going to hear post after post about Thais never admitting they are wrong or taking responsibility.

Well i feel sorry for the young boy .. I could understand why the man must have turn the gun on his wife and himself as there is no real justice in Thailand ? I maybe sent down for 12 years in a Thai Jail as Thais have a habit of lying and pointing fingers .. kind of also shocked how this woman was able to and maybe his days were number to be taken to the cleaners hint why he turn the gun on himself and his wife and leave everything to the son .. sad lost to the boy ? and poor guy having to kill himself ?

Really?? So because of the idea of no justice is a good reason to kill someone and then yourself. Money and possessions are not everything!

I have had several dealings with Thai courts and never had an issue with the out comes. A good friend of mine got divorced in Thailand and ended up in court over a dispute of martial property. He was happy with the decision of the court. The courts in Thailand and anywhere else are dependent on several things and justice doesn't always prevail.

If you lose in court you believe the verdict was unjust, if you win then you feel the decision was just all in the eye of the beholder. However to kill someone and yourself because you are afraid to loose everything is crazy. I'm sure the young boy would be willing to give up everything he will receive to have his mother and father alive!

Although the father was wrong by pulling the trigger, I kind of understand him. Maybe because I have seen how some Thai-women can drive their partners totally mad. (Especially when children and/or money is involved)

I wonder if the understanding expressed by you and others is limited to foreigners killing Thai people or if it extends to Thai men killing their partner as well, as we occasionally read about (and where the sentiment seems very different than whats expressed in this thread).

Good point. Some of the sheep here seem to defend the farangs, no matter the circumstance. At the same time, they'll blame the Thais, regardless of the circumstance.

Okay, lets be objective and rational then..

Is bringing a gun (Thai TV-show style) to an argument a "smart" move? Would both parents have been dead today, if there was no gun involved? Who brought the gun and is taking out a gun something generally "smart" to do when you are in an argument?

Ok, that's progress, let's be objective. Why would the woman even feel a need to bring a gun to meet this man? Was she deathly afraid of him? Has he threatened her in the past? Did he have violent tendencies towards her? Those are the kinds of questions I would ask.

I didn't know these people, but some here claim to. Have any of you known this woman to ever flash a gun at the slightest provocation? Was she a total nutbag? Violent, towards him or the kids? If not, why so quick to blame her?

We can speculate all we want. The only facts are that he killed her, then killed himself. As WT suggested, if this had been a Thai man, the verdict on this thread would be vastly different.

We just stay around the corner. Wife owned the Camry and the gun was hers. She drove aggressively.

Poor family to come to such end. RIP

...I wonder what kind of business the wife was into if she felt the need for a gun?.....mmm...

I suspect her motivate was to get the husband out into the soi in a violent rage with lots of screaming and yelling so everyone in the moobaan could take note,then get the gun and shot him. News report: Thai women kills crazed falang husband in "self-defense"......hubby dead - winner takes all...case closed.

But, it went down very differently,no winners only one boy who lost everything. sad.png

We just stay around the corner. Wife owned the Camry and the gun was hers. She drove aggressively.

...I wonder what kind of business the wife was into if she felt the need for a gun?.....mmm...

I suspect her motivate was to get the husband out into the soi in a violent rage with lots of screaming and yelling so everyone in the moobaan could take note,then get the gun and shot him. News report: Thai women kills crazed falang husband in "self-defense"......hubby dead - winner takes all...case closed.

But, it went down very differently,no winners only one boy who lost everything. sad.png

She probably took the gun out as a show of strength , She didnt shoot at him, even after they began a physical struggle, which shows that she had no intention of using the weapon .

Living in Thailand over 10 years and observing all these mixed relationships I think that the girls taken from the bars and massage parlors are more appreciative of where their next meal is coming from and having a roof over their head and they will make you feel and convince you that your handsome like Cruise and your good for their heart as you walk hand in hand shopping looking silly together to everyone but yourself.

Yes.. On the topic of marrying bar staff, a very common misconception among foreigners is that everyone who does not have bars on their resume is therefore automatically a 5 star certified angel. It would be nice if it worked that way, but it really doesn't.

Note:

I have the funeral schedule and details, for a joint temple service.

If anyone knew either of the deceased or their son and wishes to attend, please PM me for the details, directions, etc.

Thank you very much for the information.

My wife and I are so sorry that it is impossible for us to come to show our respect. We are in Bang Saphan down south. and have a couple of obligations for a few days...

Luca will be missed amongst he's true friends...R.I.P. Luca

Our very best regards, Off Road Pat & Wife

She probably took the gun out as a show of strength , She didnt shoot at him, even after they began a physical struggle, which shows that she had no intention of using the weapon .

Unloading it before she took it out would have been a better plan? Loaded weapons can go off very easily, in a struggle.

A straight run-thru with Google translate, with no editing yields a better result:

The husband - wife gun shooting deaths.
On February 21, 2559
Pol.. The. Srithongdee happiness through tweets kg Police. Hang Pol.. True. Komsan clean all through the secondary kg of the Pol.. At. Man Chan. Fil Chaiya Deputy kg. MP Minister Pol.. true. Pattarapol noon Aberdeen police protector of Pol.. Chat. titular supporting. the band light. SS.'s and Pol.. true. lightning. Chai Chan duty officer's failure to investigate.
13.30. Police. Dong provinces. Chiang Mai scene husband - wife firearms shooting death scene village Koolpunt 8. Nongkhwai district Hang husband, 40 year old Italian wife was Sawan age 30. a one year old son, 8 years apart since April 58.
Today (21 Feb 59), his wife came to pick up his son. And the quarrel with husband The woman took the gun Threatened to shoot her before Husbands steals it And using firearms to fight back. Wife shot dead And shot himself Death by Currently in the process of implementation of the Law.

Better use from Thai to English the Website http://www.thai2english.com/

http://www.thai2english.com/

<deleted> did he have a gun? I don't have one, I don't want one and it makes me angry. They were just living next door. Terrible. The other guy threaten to shot my dog ones. Welcome to reality I guess....

Yea ! my neighbours let their dogs bark at all hours and chase m/c and walkers as well !

Seems to me that she did not intend to shoot him, only scare, as she let him take the gun off her when she could easily have pulled the trigger. She probably got shot in the struggle so on spur of the moment he shot himself. Too late to regret now.

Seems to me that she did not intend to shoot him, only scare, as she let him take the gun off her when she could easily have pulled the trigger. She probably got shot in the struggle so on spur of the moment he shot himself. Too late to regret now.

She had a loaded gun though. Safety catch off ?

I think this topic is a little to close to home for you.

And I think you have no sense of decency. I didn't have a family elsewhere, I don't have a volatile relationship and I didn't consider myself too old to have children at the age of 43. Not that my circumstances are any of your business, and this isn't really the time or the place.

The trouble with you is, you seem to want to put everybody into a predefined category but you don't know me or my personal situation, nor did you know the deceased by the sound of it.

Luca was a good man and unfortunately got himself involved with a Thai girl. Having lived in Thailand for 10 years I would not be a friend to someone if I recommended him marrying a Thai. It's entertaining listening to a few of you bloc's saying " I have a good one", what a joke. If one wants a relationship with a Thai certainly do not put anything in their names or just go Ala carte. Chiang Mai is full of old lonely fools who actually think their little honies are into them and think nothing of hanging their wedding picture up which makes them look even more stupid.

"Good men" dont murder people , sorry .

"Good men dont intentionally leave their Children as orphans, sorry again .

I really don't want to go into speculation but I really don't go for the guy being a murderer and poor defenseless woman scenario. She is the one that took the gun to the situation, period. Have you even thought of the scenario that she has the gun pointed at herself threatening to pull the trigger and he wrestles the gun from her and it goes off. Not even people there seem to know what happened but at the end of the day she is the one that took the gun there and got it out to use in some way. No one in their right mind takes a gun to an emotionally charged situation.

He shot her three times .

It could be possible that she got the gun out and started making threats , he may have thought that they were empty threats and that the gun was either not real or not loaded .

He may have pointed it at her and shot , sub consciously thinking that it wouldnt fire a bullet

Sheesh. You really just can't help it can you?

"Good men" dont murder people , sorry .

"Good men dont intentionally leave their Children as orphans, sorry again .

I really don't want to go into speculation but I really don't go for the guy being a murderer and poor defenseless woman scenario. She is the one that took the gun to the situation, period. Have you even thought of the scenario that she has the gun pointed at herself threatening to pull the trigger and he wrestles the gun from her and it goes off. Not even people there seem to know what happened but at the end of the day she is the one that took the gun there and got it out to use in some way. No one in their right mind takes a gun to an emotionally charged situation.

He shot her three times .

It could be possible that she got the gun out and started making threats , he may have thought that they were empty threats and that the gun was either not real or not loaded .

He may have pointed it at her and shot , sub consciously thinking that it wouldnt fire a bullet

Sheesh. You really just can't help it can you?

yeah. You all know what: it doesn't matter.

This matters.

0eNxfh9.jpg

YiPDBj5.jpg

That poor kid, I can't begin to imagine what he feels like right now.....I really hope he has some caring family to help him get through this but even if he does, this is a life changing event that will be in his mind for the rest of his life. Thanks for putting this back into perspective WTK. I think we should leave our petty arguments and pointless debates for another topic and another day. I feel genuinely disturbed by this.

Archived