Looking for somewhere cheap near the sea.

Geomac1962

Hi. I have been living and working in Isaan for 10 months. I go home in six weeks and hope someone can recommend somewhere cheap where I can relax and swim. I have no interest in bars or romance/sex I am just looking for somewhere with a nice beach and a clean bed, street food is fine. If anyone has ideas you can PM me Many Thanks

Edited by CharlieH
Personal email removed.

Consider Prachuap Kiri Khan, an hour south of Hua Hin, or Chumphon, an hour south of Prachuap. I just spent 12 days in that area and was really impressed.

Definitely not tourist central. Beautiful, uncrowded beaches essentially free of vendors; ...well, maybe a few. Lots of small, scenic fishing villages dotting the coast and dramatic limestone karsts rising from the sea.

Lots of inexpensive and moderately priced accommodation options, from B500 hotel rooms to full blown resorts. They also are emphasizing some coastal "Home Stay" villages. Some western food options; more in PKK than Chumphon but lots of excellent Thai restaurants to choose from. I never experienced dual pricing. There are some beer bars but no "Bar scene".

If you really do want what you say you want...this is it.

There is air service to both but quite expensive.

Edited by dddave

Depends how far you want to go but even down in Ko Pha Ngan you can stay away from the whole party vibe, head to Thong Nai Pan or Bottle Beach and spend some time relaxing, can get places from 500 baht upwards, just look around, check booking sites, negotiate, etc

Prachuap Kiri Khan a good shout and Nakorn Sri Thammarat also

Consider Prachuap Kiri Khan, an hour south of Hua Hin, or Chumphon, an hour south of Prachuap. I just spent 12 days in that area and was really impressed.

Definitely not tourist central. Beautiful, uncrowded beaches essentially free of vendors; ...well, maybe a few. Lots of small, scenic fishing villages dotting the coast and dramatic limestone karsts rising from the sea.

Lots of inexpensive and moderately priced accommodation options, from B500 hotel rooms to full blown resorts. They also are emphasizing some coastal "Home Stay" villages. Some western food options; more in PKK than Chumphon but lots of excellent Thai restaurants to choose from. I never experienced dual pricing. There are some beer bars but no "Bar scene".

If you really do want what you say you want...this is it.

There is air service to both but quite expensive.

+ 1 Prachuap Khiri Khan. There's a nice fishermen village near Bangsphan Noi, called Ban Krud, sometimes also spelled Ban Krut.

The train from Bangkok stops there and it's only crowded on weekends when some Bankokians wanna relax.

Please Google it, you won't regret it. You can go for squid with a fisherman and barbeque them right afterwards, plenty of nice places nearby.

agree with PKK. there's a guest house on the beach run by some Germans I think. I've stayed a couple of times maybe 6 or 7 years ago, but recently I've heard others describe this place as the cleanest hotel in Thailand!! Nice pool too. Everything you need and close to town and a good choice of restaurants

I agree with the posts on Prachuap Khiri Khan (the town, not the province of that name, which includes the Hua Hin sinkhole). But even on weekends, it's a haven a peace and sanity compared to Hua Hin or even Cha'am. We spent last New Year there. There was a bit more traffic, true, but nothing compared to the other two. The midnight fireworks lasted all of 10 minutes and PKK returned to its usual torpor for another 12 months. The food isn't brilliant, mostly in the night market in the middle of town opposite the pier, but it's OK. Plenty of inexpensive small hotels and guesthouses. Some are a bit far from town as PKK is narrow but spread out along the bay, but rent a bike. That will also enable you to get to the next beach along (across the airfield's runway – exciting!) for an even quieter beach experience. The two bays and the rocky formations between them makes PKK one of the most scenic spots in all of Thailand. The area also has the best weather overall. You won't regret it. Not convinced? Take a look at these: https://www.google.co.th/search?q=prachuap+khiri+Khan+photos&espv=2&biw=1227&bih=718&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOtJ-_34zLAhXE1I4KHVi7Dj8QsAQIHA

No one else will benefit from the info here if its sent via pm?

Jomtien is very cheap, lots of guest houses around 500 baht

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Jomtien? I hope that there's another one and not the crwoded soon Pattaya # 2 place?

The beach is crowded and all the sellers are driving you nuts. Nope, that's not a good tip.

Prachuap khiri khan town is a bloody hellhole !

don't come here pleeeeeeease , you will regret it !

Not the city, that's really a pain in the but. But when you're looking near Bangsaphan area, it's fantastic there.

I can only reckon the Baan Rim Haad Resort, you can make an online registration to be sure. "Fon" will help you to find whatever you're looking for.

The right place to relax.

http://www.banrimhaad.com/

Prachuap khiri khan town is a bloody hellhole !

don't come here pleeeeeeease , you will regret it !

Not the city, that's really a pain in the but. But when you're looking near Bangsaphan area, it's fantastic there.

I can only reckon the Baan Rim Haad Resort, you can make an online registration to be sure. "Fon" will help you to find whatever you're looking for.

The right place to relax.

http://www.banrimhaad.com/

But what ?

Prachup is very nice and quiet but six weeks there is a long time . Six days is plenty. How about taking the bus or flying to Ranong. And take a boat over to Koh Chang or Koh Phayam. Still quiet but a bir more but more social. Small bungalow on the beach lying in a hammock. Feet in the sand all day everyday.

No one else will benefit from the info here if its sent via pm?

Jomtien is very cheap, lots of guest houses around 500 baht

Jomtien? I hope that there's another one and not the crwoded soon Pattaya # 2 place?

The beach is crowded and all the sellers are driving you nuts. Nope, that's not a good tip.

Haha 8 miles of beach and you can't find a quite spot LMAO . The further down the beach you go the cheaper it gets