Assad calls parliamentary elections in Syria

webfact

Assad calls parliamentary elections in Syria
By Catherine Hardy | With AFP

606x341_325057.jpg

DAMASCUS: --Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has called parliamentary elections to be held on April the 13th.

The announcement came shortly after news of the ceasefire brokered by Washington and Moscow.

The last parliamentary elections to be held in Syria were in 2012.

It was the first poll in which multiple parties – and not just the Baath Party, were allowed to stand.

However, the majority of the 250 deputies elected were from the governing party.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-23

This evil man should be crucified, the country is on its knees, it's infrastructure destroyed, forces are E adding in Saudi Arabia and Turkey and poised to invade.

Worst of all, so many innocent children, women and men have needlessly had their lives snuffed out.

This cretin should be arrested immediately and tried as one of the worst modern day war criminals.

Of course he is the only one responsible of this tragedy, right?

I mean it is not like the USA or Europe or the good ol' Saudi (a successful Daesh) had anything to do with this mess...

Just a quick reminder :
Under Assad reign :

Christian : 12% of the population

The synagogues of the Jewish community had a protected status by the Syrian government.

I am curious to see how those "freedom fighters" will handle those two communities if they win, oh wait...!

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

Why doesn't someone assassinate this criminal who has destroyed Syria just so he can hang onto power.

Where are you going to put a polling station in Homs

May be you did not have access to any media, but it was not him who bombed his own country and just because someone across the continent did not want or like him, does not mean he should be stepping down.

Half of his country was not occupying EU when his was in full control, funny how things changed when outsiders decided to take controlcoffee1.gif

Why doesn't someone assassinate this criminal who has destroyed Syria just so he can hang onto power.

May be you did not have access to any media, but it was not him who bombed his own country and just because someone across the continent did not want or like him, does not mean he should be stepping down.

Half of his country was not occupying EU when his was in full control, funny how things changed when outsiders decided to take controlcoffee1.gif

Slow down. His army started the killing of innocent protesters during the Arab Spring uprisings. Nobody to blame but the commander in chief. That's true in any country. As for trying to take control, yes, there's a battle within the Islam religion. More or less Iran vs. Saudi Arabia.

Slow down. His army started the killing of innocent protesters during the Arab Spring uprisings. Nobody to blame but the commander in chief. That's true in any country. As for trying to take control, yes, there's a battle within the Islam religion. More or less Iran vs. Saudi Arabia.

I would rather say :

Iran vs Europe/usa/Saudi

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

Of course he is the only one responsible of this tragedy, right?

I mean it is not like the USA or Europe or the good ol' Saudi (a successful Daesh) had anything to do with this mess...

Just a quick reminder :

Under Assad reign :

Christian : 12% of the population

The synagogues of the Jewish community had a protected status by the Syrian government.

I am curious to see how those "freedom fighters" will handle those two communities if they win, oh wait...!

Not at all GA, I wanted to rave on about all that stuff too but I tend to get carried away and Scott comes in and well over his knee I go 555555. Stick to the topic you ole shit, he says. :P

Up to the Russian intervention roughly five months ago the Assad regime was estimated to be responsible for 70%+ of civilian deaths in Syria using the likes of barrel bombs, air force and artillery. plus the well worn tactics of ethnic cleansing and rape as a tool of war. It is Assad who holds the primary responsibility for the destruction of cities, villages and towns. US coalition forces did not commence bombing of extremist forces in Syria until late 09/2014.