My First "soak-ran"

Spee

All I can say is WOW, what a blast!!

Though I did not celebrate in Thailand, I did celebrate a couple days this week with my ThaiGF, many Thai/farang friends and other falangs that I didn't know.

First night .... very drunk ... very wet .... very powdery.

Second night ... same ... though not drinking because I was a designated driver.

Also, very good ahaan Thai both nights, tasty and spicy!! Oh yeah!!

I enjoyed the symbolization of the water/powder to wash away the old year and make good luck for the coming year. Also enjoyed giving and receiving wishes of good luck and good fortune.

I made made observations about good and not so good ways to do it. I really liked the way that special friends throw the water and apply the powder, to make it more of a ceremonial thing, with a genuine wish for good fortune.

This was also very special between my ThaiGF and I, where the water and powder are applied in a caring sensitive way with some intimate conversation.

On the other hand, I really didn't like the way a few idiots turned a cool, symbolic concept into an aggressive almost fight-like situation. They turned the powdering into a slapping concept and I actually saw a few boys smack a few girls pretty hard in the chin, cheeks and nose. Not cool at all. Then there was the going after of girls' tops for a cheap thrill, also not cool.

All in all though, the first time was a great time and I look forward to celebrating the next one in Thailand with my ThaiGF, her family and some of our friends.

What about everyone else in Thai Forum Land .... ??

What country did you celebrate it in Spee?

Does not really matter.

This was also very special between my ThaiGF and I, where the water and powder are applied in a caring sensitive way with some intimate conversation

Since it was in his bathroom,... :o:D