Void without prejudice?

I got my previous visa from bkk. I studied there for 2 years. Last month I came to my country and applied for tourist visa.

Visas, especially Ed visas are not usually issued in Bangkok,

Where was this visa obtained.

From an Agent or from somewhere else ?

It was obtained from the Thai immigration office, and renewed twice. I'm studying in assumption uni.

OK the only reason I asked is that Ed visas are normally obtained outside Thailand with paperwork supplied by the school/university.

In which case I have no idea why you were refused a tourist visa.

Just a a matter of interest how did you enter Thailand prior to obtaining the Ed visa ?

When a visa is stamped "void without prejudice" it usually means that examination of your visa history showed up something fishy. Did you use an agent to arrange your ED visa inside Thailand? If so, it is possible that there were some shenanigans, and your ED visa was not done according to the rules. This would be enough for many embassies to refuse you a new valid visa, though an appeal to the senior consular official explaining clearly what happened might get the decision reversed.

• Like 1

"VL" is not a known abbreviation or code used by Thai consulates.

"void" means cancelled, rendered invalid.

"without prejudice" means without any negative effect on you.

From what you have written it appears that you applied for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, the consular section of the embassy put the visa into your passport, then they realised that they made a mistake and cancelled the visa with the stamp "void without prejudice". Only the consular section of this embassy can explain to you why your application for a tourist visa was not approved. Go and ask them.

• Like 1

When a visa is stamped "void without prejudice" it usually means that examination of your visa history showed up something fishy. Did you use an agent to arrange your ED visa inside Thailand? If so, it is possible that there were some shenanigans, and your ED visa was not done according to the rules. This would be enough for many embassies to refuse you a new valid visa, though an appeal to the senior consular official explaining clearly what happened might get the decision reversed.

It is also interesting to note that Bangladeshi citizens are listed among those who must obtain visas from within their own country.

"VL" is not a known abbreviation or code used by Thai consulates.

"void" means cancelled, rendered invalid.

"without prejudice" means without any negative effect on you.

From what you have written it appears that you applied for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, the consular section of the embassy put the visa into your passport, then they realised that they made a mistake and cancelled the visa with the stamp "void without prejudice". Only the consular section of this embassy can explain to you why your application for a tourist visa was not approved. Go and ask them.