Canadian nabbed for heroin dealing in Pai

webfact

Canadian Nabbed for Heroin Dealing in Pai
by CityNews

ca.jpg

CityNews – A 53-year-old Canadian man was arrested in Pai for selling drugs when he was tailed then raided by Mae Hong Son police on February 22.

Dawson Richard Patrick was arrested after police found two plastic bags of heroin weighing 16.11 grams in his car after they were tipped off that the Canadian national was selling drugs to tourists in the area.

Patrick confessed that he brought the heroin from somebody from a hill tribe for 7,500 baht.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/canadian-nabbed-for-heroin-dealing-in-pai/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-24

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should have shot himself in the head it would have been less painful than what his future holds. life is over as he knew it. I hope hes read David McMillans book. One of my ex friends used to call this natural selection. At 53 hes going to die in jail unless he can get a pardon or move back to Canada in the future. I still can't believe how stupid some people are. Hes not the first and he wont be the last that's for sure.

His actions are the symtoms of disease, not crime.

Right. There are no crimes, just diseases. There's the bank robber disease, the murderer disease and so on.

I have news for you. People make choices - sometimes stupid choices.

I cringe when I think what this guy has in front of him, but I blame only him.

Having lost a brother to this insidious drug, the people who use and can control what they use are very few, dealing as this guy surely was has all the hall marks of profit only, and unless he can prove that he is an addict and needed to sell to feed his own habit, He will have a good time in the monkey house, Dumb, dumber and dumbest

"...he brought the heroin from somebody from a hill tribe for 7,500 baht."

That same bag has probably been used many times. The hill tribe person sells it, calls the narcs, guy gets busted, bag goes back to hill tribe person, and then the whole process starts over again.

One really has to be naive to buy drugs from a stranger. No matter what country you are in. Even if it's in you own homeland.

His actions are the symtoms of disease, not crime.

Right. There are no crimes, just diseases. There's the bank robber disease, the murderer disease and so on.

I have news for you. People make choices - sometimes stupid choices.

I cringe when I think what this guy has in front of him, but I blame only him.

Addiction didn't become a "disease" until recovery clinics were set up and got third party insurance to start paying for treatment if it was classified as a "disease".

It doesn't matter if one considers it as a disease or not. The processes for recovery remain the same. However, those who do not want to take the responsibility to face their addiction and go through recovery, now have a ready made excuse..."I have a disease and am not responsible for anything I do".

I can certainly understand him hanging his head.

What appeared to have been a difficult time just got a whole lot worse.

I actually feel a little sorry for him. Looks like it has been a tough 53 years and the next few, well.........

Some farangs are just plain stupid.A 53 year old as well,obviously not learned much in those years.

Did he really think he could sell a class 1 drug in such a small place as Pai, and escape the attention of the police?

This will have serious consequences for him as it's class 1 and not a bit of class 5 weed he was selling.

I would hazard a guess that there's more to the story than what is reported. Not many white foreigners sell drugs for starters. Secondly, there's a high possibility he has it himself. He's on crutches, could have a morphine addiction. Wouldn't be the first guy to become addicted to pain killers after an accident.

If this guy had a "disease" called addiction, and needed a crutch to get around for some reason, he should have been in Canada where there is lots of help for him. He is unkempt, filthy, and in big trouble. Any trouble if any that he thinks he may have left in Canada is surely tiny compared to what he's facing.

I read the book about a farang's experience in the Bangkok prison. I think it was called "Welcome to Hell". The guy got totally stitched up but he started out stupid and naive and made every mistake along the way due to stubborness. ie: When offered several opportunities to pay bribes he decided to fight in court.

Nonetheless, what is the penalty for this? I'm 55 and this story resonated with me because of our age similatities. I will admit, I do look a fair bit younger than that fellow.

Thats going to sting.

Of all the money making ideas in all the world thats gotta be the dumbest of the lot, by several country miles.

You can't make this stuff up, really!

Dumb is right....of all the countries to try and deal drugs! In Canada, the courts would have given him housing, more education/job opportunities and food......because 'it's not his fault'.

If this guy had a "disease" called addiction, and needed a crutch to get around for some reason, he should have been in Canada where there is lots of help for him. He is unkempt, filthy, and in big trouble. Any trouble if any that he thinks he may have left in Canada is surely tiny compared to what he's facing.

If you've ever known people with heroin addictions, you might be less definitive. These people are rarely thinking straight to begin with.

If you've ever known people with heroin addictions, you might be less definitive. These people are rarely thinking straight to begin with.

He managed to get himself to Thailand, and to the Hill Tribe People, and to buy drugs and try to sell them. How hard would it have been to stay in Canada where there is only help for him?

Even an addict can think a little bit once in a while and he made a LOT of choices to wind up where he is.

Cheers.

Archived