Canadian nabbed for heroin dealing in Pai

webfact

I am thinking there is more to this story than we will ever know and it is not what it seems to be.

Just what the hell was that guy thinking?

Meantime...Yep......Absolutely...Heroin is one Drug you stay clear of no matter what.

Concerning addiction and problems caused....Heroin remains the King of detrimental recreation drugs.

However, there are some other drugs out there, such as Crystal Meth that are giving Heroin a run for the money and making Heroin look like a respectable recreational drug as compared to the ravages resultant of Crystal Meth addiction.

If anything, the problem he now has with the law in "this " country is a good example and good reminder to stay away from the recreational drug use in this country as the law enforcement officials treat the users harshly ....often more harshly than the suppliers.

Cheers

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this guy had a "disease" called addiction, and needed a crutch to get around for some reason, he should have been in Canada where there is lots of help for him. He is unkempt, filthy, and in big trouble. Any trouble if any that he thinks he may have left in Canada is surely tiny compared to what he's facing.

You must have very good eyes or a distorted perception, because he doesn't look unkempt or filthy to me - just normal dress for most falangs in Thailand.

He does appear to have some physical problems - his right leg is normal size, his left leg looks atrophied which probably accounts for the crutch in the foreground. Don't disagree he is in big trouble.

Hill tribes selling heroin? That implies the ability to manufacture heroin. Wonder if the cops will be as effective in tracking that down as they are in arresting bridge-playing pensioners.

No sympathy from my side - put him in the slammer and give him the red stamp, life-long ban to reenter Thailand. Morons like this one are responsible for making the life of expats who do everything by the books more and more difficult.

On second thought... simply give him an overdose of his own medicine, it's cheaper!

Edited by MockingJay

The replies are all over the scale. It's hard not to say this guy is an idiot. Did no one ever see the movie Midnight Express???

Hard for people to get their heads around it, but let people grow, manufacture, buy and use what they want.

Most countries are hypocrites when it comes to this anyway. Most allow other more dangerous and destructive drugs to be used and even encourage it. Many police and political types are deeply involved in the "illegal" drug trade, making most of the money and actually creating the entire environment.

Hard to understand why the "authorities" claim to want to protect us from ourselves, yet allow and in some cases encourage us to destroy ourselves using even worse substances.

Drugs are the very least of our social, economic and environmental worries. We have made them the bad they are...

It will take time, but you will eventually see places decriminalize drugs and you will see drug related crimes go away.

You just have to change your ill taught thinking.

Most drug addicts do not start out as criminals any more than tobacco and alcohol users do.

Rather naive.... But by all means... Grow it and use it... Get all Sherlock holmsy, and offer a solution to some of the other ills suffered by our society

Verses of course, having it grown in a foreign country, were the "farmers" are routinely mistreated and killed, and the local population lives in fear, whilst it's abuse creates extreme distress to communities the world over

And a thought... I would prefer the misfortune of encountering a crazed nicotine addict, than a crazed heroine addict, should it come to it.

Somewhat ironic you are calling someone else naive on this forum when you obviously have limited knowledge of the side effects of various drugs.

Heroin addicts will commit crimes to finance their habit. When they are actually under the influence of heroin, as distinct from in withdrawal, they are about as aggressive as a teddy bear. The same with heavy marijuana users.

Alcohol is a legal drug; however, alcohol-fuelled violence is endemic in many societies. Against that, "ice" is also ravaging communities.

The evidence is in from countries such as Portugal and Sweden. Decriminalising drug use in those countries has resulted in a significant drop in drug-related crime.

When considering a new career choice late in life, perhaps while sitting at the bar. It is always a good idea to rethink it a little the next day.

This must be one of the worst choices you could make to try and earn a few Baht. Stupid!

The replies are all over the scale. It's hard not to say this guy is an idiot. Did no one ever see the movie Midnight Express???

Hard for people to get their heads around it, but let people grow, manufacture, buy and use what they want.

Most countries are hypocrites when it comes to this anyway. Most allow other more dangerous and destructive drugs to be used and even encourage it. Many police and political types are deeply involved in the "illegal" drug trade, making most of the money and actually creating the entire environment.

Hard to understand why the "authorities" claim to want to protect us from ourselves, yet allow and in some cases encourage us to destroy ourselves using even worse substances.

Drugs are the very least of our social, economic and environmental worries. We have made them the bad they are...

It will take time, but you will eventually see places decriminalize drugs and you will see drug related crimes go away.

Most drug addicts do not start out as criminals any more than tobacco and alcohol users do.

Rather naive.... But by all means... Grow it and use it... Get all Sherlock holmsy, and offer a solution to some of the other ills suffered by our society

Verses of course, having it grown in a foreign country, were the "farmers" are routinely mistreated and killed, and the local population lives in fear, whilst it's abuse creates extreme distress to communities the world over

And a thought... I would prefer the misfortune of encountering a crazed nicotine addict, than a crazed heroine addict, should it come to it.

Somewhat ironic you are calling someone else naive on this forum when you obviously have limited knowledge of the side effects of various drugs.

Heroin addicts will commit crimes to finance their habit. When they are actually under the influence of heroin, as distinct from in withdrawal, they are about as aggressive as a teddy bear. The same with heavy marijuana users.

Alcohol is a legal drug; however, alcohol-fuelled violence is endemic in many societies. Against that, "ice" is also ravaging communities.

The evidence is in from countries such as Portugal and Sweden. Decriminalising drug use in those countries has resulted in a significant drop in drug-related crime.

You are correct.

However, changing that "system", so to speak, will not happen nearly as soon as it needs to happen.

It took 100 years to come to this point while I seriously believe it will take another 100 years of human folly, on top of over bearing bureaucracy with an incorrect attitude about drug use, to reverse that "system" that has evolved.

The focus as always should be on prevention and more importantly the illegal suppliers of the drugs while the users are still considered foolish or even stupid, but they should not be criminalized...but the suppliers should be in a variety of means and ways.

Until the drugs are legalized for sale the people / suppliers who are profiting from the damage done by the drugs should be the ones held accountable for the damage they are doing.

I believe that anyone that does do the drugs should have a license or a permit to do the drugs.

Sounds like a strange possibility ....but That could work....and if you doubt it could work then smoke a joint or 2 and use your imagination while stoned...lol

For the users of legal Marijuana I think they should be licensed to use the drug while they are required to uphold the rules and regulations of "Marijuana Users Social Decorum" that would help to lessen the social implications of growing widespread Marijuana use.

Meantime the way it is now is not working the way it is supposed to work out while the users will always be a percent of the citizens anyhow so the way that the users are considered and addressed has to be changed.

The relevant government agencies would continue to make the drugs difficult to obtain...but for those that do obtain the drugs some how, someway they should be reprimanded in other ways amongst the many possible alternatives.

Cheers

farcanell:
As I said, hard for people to get their head around the idea and you are the perfect example and your naiveté shows.

Now compare your remarks to someone else that knows what they're talking about (below) bazza40.

This is why the drug "problem" exists, people like you don't see behind the wall of denial. The same reason why it took so long to change civil rights, women voting, gay rights and now the war on drugs. Many states and other countries are at least looking at this from a different perspective and getting positive results.
Hide behind the rhetoric all you want and deny the truth but even without your agreement or approval, this direction will change, it's just going to take time and smarter people realizing what's NOT working.

Edited by Nowisee

Meanwhile the Burmese army is preventing the destruction of the opium fields - no doubt their Thai counterparts are doing all they can to prevent the resulting heroin being brought in to the country.

LOL. The Thai Army and Police have been warring over drug profits ever since a certain family was forcefully stopped from profiting from the trade.

His actions are the symtoms of disease, not crime.

So you would send him to a hospital instead of a jail? you must have been one of those on the jury in the first Mendoza brothers trail in California.He confesses because he will not get the death sentence.25 years then if he is lucky only about 5 years here and the rest in a Canadian prison.He will be playing drop the soap for a long while and deservedly so.

Having lost a brother to this insidious drug, the people who use and can control what they use are very few, dealing as this guy surely was has all the hall marks of profit only, and unless he can prove that he is an addict and needed to sell to feed his own habit, He will have a good time in the monkey house, Dumb, dumber and dumbest

What are you talking about? Does the Thai justice system set free dealers who are addicts themselves? Do you know something i don't know?

Samui, Pattaya, Phuket just to name a few places to keep a safe distance. Super dodgy Thais attracts super dodgy foreigners.

Can you just begin to imagine the naivety that goes into a decision like this? First of all, does he have any experience as a drug dealer? Second, does he know the dealer well enough to trust him? The police insist they are going after the hill tribe dealer. Who wants to bet they know him, and work with him, in partnership? Sell to the dumb farang, call your friend the policeman, claim your bounty. It is done all the time here. Now, the cops will probably ask him if he has 2 million baht cash, he can get his hands on with 2 days. If not, you are going to trial.

Heroin is a serious drug. To fool around with it, on any level here is bordering on insane. I cannot say I condone any of it, but I feel bad for this guy, who has basically revoked the right to lead a good, healthy, productive life in the future. How is a guy like that going to do in prison, with hundreds of hardened convicts? What is going to happen to him when he is released? He will probably be sent back to Canada, where he might face additional prosecution, under Canadian law. His life is basically over.

I knew a guy who was busted for possessing a kilo of ganga on Samui. He was ratted out by a Thai woman, who was busted. She told them where he lived. They busted him, and gave him 2 days to come up with 1 million baht. They told him if he could, they would not press charges, and he could leave the country. He could not come up with the cash. They prosecuted him, and he got a 25 month sentence. He was released a few months early on a royal pardon. Happens all the time. Same with the full moon parties on Phangan. I know guys who were busted for having two joints. They were asked to pay 100,000 baht or they would be locked up. They paid, and they walked away, having learned a very expensive lesson. More than likely, they were ratted out too.

25 months for a Kilo of weed? Ridiculous!

Was he selling it? If so he'd of got more than that. If not, just a fine.

I was busted with 200grams of weed and the fine was 3000 baht.

It appears to be entirely discretionary, on the part of the prosecutor and the judge, from what I can see. This is a true story. I am not making it up. I visited him in prison a few times. This came from his lips. This was his reality. Samui seems to be far more corrupt than most courts, as is the case for nearly every aspect of society on Samui. So, they may have been upset and disappointed that it went that far. Who knows? 3,000 baht sounds about right to me. Yes, he was selling it. That is why she ratted him out. She was a customer of his. But still. Anyway, who would have a kilo for recreational purposes here in Thailand? Sounds like one would be asking for trouble.

They are still sentencing people to 2 years, or longer in prison, for possession of ganga in the US, in many states. In Texas in particular, some are getting 5-10 years for possession of 2 lbs. Sheer, and utter insanity. All supported very strongly by the Obama administration, his AG, and the justice department. Very misguided policy.

Wow, this mate looks very very old for 53 years old, can't belive he is only that old.

I was thinking the same thing, then realized I was being a despicable, judgmental Son of a Biiiiitccchhh.

But I believe your spelling isn't that bad really..

Welcome to the club!wai2.gif

"NABBED" who writes this stuff? Must be some tired old Sun hack.

Anyway getting back to the Canadian, when they charge him he won't have a leg to stand on,

Lucky for him he has that old wooden pre-war crutch laying on the chair beside him.

"Nabbed" who writes this stuff? Some tired old Sun newspaper hack.

Anyway getting back to the Canadian, he won't have a leg to stand on when they charge him,

Lucky for him he had that old pre-war wooden crutch beside him on the chair.

It took you three times, but you finally got it right.

You've been lying doggo too long, Lord Lucan.

Anyway getting back to the Canadian, he won't have a leg to stand on when they charge him,

It took you three times, but you finally got it right.

You've been lying doggo too long, Lord Lucan.

Hehehe.... LL is still getting over his days at the Sun?

Anyway getting back to the Canadian, when they charge him he won't have a leg to stand on,

Lucky for him he has that old wooden pre-war crutch laying on the chair beside him.

You do know there is an 'edit' button right??

It's really cool - you can just change one small thing in your original post instead of rewriting the whole thing three times!

Edited by Shadychris

He should have shot himself in the head it would have been less painful than what his future holds. life is over as he knew it. I hope hes read David McMillans book. One of my ex friends used to call this natural selection. At 53 hes going to die in jail unless he can get a pardon or move back to Canada in the future. I still can't believe how stupid some people are. Hes not the first and he wont be the last that's for sure.

Jesus, when I read "53" in your post, I had to go back and read the original post carefully...previously I glanced at the photo and figured he was about 70.

He should have shot himself in the head it would have been less painful than what his future holds. life is over as he knew it. I hope hes read David McMillans book. One of my ex friends used to call this natural selection. At 53 hes going to die in jail unless he can get a pardon or move back to Canada in the future. I still can't believe how stupid some people are. Hes not the first and he wont be the last that's for sure.

Jesus, when I read "53" in your post, I had to go back and read the original post carefully...previously I glanced at the photo and figured he was about 70.

Yes its always useful to read the OP carefully..... It never fails to impress me how some of the detectives here on TV are able to deduce so much detail and information just by glancing at a persons photo - in this case just a photo of a baseball cap really...

His actions are the symtoms of disease, not crime.

And what disease might that be? Buying, possession and selling heroin are all crimes the last time I looked.

The disease is that some people use heroin. Maybe him also. BUT the crime is that he was dealing in heroin. And that probably means that life as he knew it is now likely to change rapidly for the worse.

"Live by the sword, die by he sword" "C'est la vie" (that is life).