Canadian nabbed for heroin dealing in Pai

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him paddle heroin in Malaysia or Singapore... he'd be paying to ultimate penalty for

his greed and stupidity....

Which in his case might have been a better outcome.

The rest of your miserable life inside BKK Hilton???

If you're nicked in Thailand you do the time in the area you were caught.

Bang Kwang is for lifers.

I know guys doing 8 years for selling 10 times that amount of gear.

He's still <deleted> though.

If he had no money to start with then he's going to hate it with no money inside.

Rice soup and fish heads 3 times a day.

mmmmmm!

If he tests positive for heroin he might get away with possession. Unless he was caught selling red handed.

There was a Thai guy caught in Nong Chok, Bangkok with 200kg of ganja and he only got 2 or 3 years just on a possession charge.

On the other hand heroin in class 1 and weed is class 5.

His actions are the symtoms of disease, not crime.

Erm, no. his actions were illegal, simple as that. If people chose to try that crap then they risk all of the consequences that go with it. At one point he made a conscious decision, now he can contemplate his utter stupidity during the next 5 years or so in a Thai prison.

He has himself and only himself to blame.

Good riddance.

Iv got nothing wrong with people who sell drugs after all its a buyers market and more people die from legalised drugs like alcohol and tobacco per year but to sell it in Thailand is absolute crazy, Thai people wouldn't bat and eyelid on reporting farang for dealing even if it was only to westerners.

Couldn't think of anything worse than a Thai jail, nothing.

That old chestnut again,, "more people die from tobaccoco and alcoh,,,,,, blah, blah, blah.

It's such a weak argument. Look, no debate necessary about the potential harm that cigarettes and alcohol can inflict, BUT we all know about it and the fact is both are legal, get over it. You are either one who wants to legalise class A drugs or someone who wants to ban smoking and drinking, both is never going to happen.

This man is dealing class A drugs to people, he is literally the scum of the earth and deserves all his jail time.

There has to be more to this story than meets the eye. At a guess, I'd like to say educated, but with little detail and a photo to go on, it's hardly educated, I'd say he was an addict trying to feed his habit by selling. A pretty standard thing where I come from in the west and in my experience in many, many, western countries. I have little sympathy I'm afraid, if this is the case, because at some point in time he made the choice to take the drugs, but I am sorry that his assumed addiction led to him making such a catastrophic mistake. I guess he has two hell's to go through now, withdrawal and incarceration and I sincerely hope it's not a stitch-up, because that would add an unbearable third hell. Assuming not the latter, to a certain degree I pity him, because he it right at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to drug dealing and as despicable as it is, addiction tends to cloud the mind somewhat. I wonder if there are arrangements for transferring persons back to their home country to serve part of their sentence. He'd surely be better off in Canada.

Edited by mikosan

Right. There are no crimes, just diseases. There's the bank robber disease, the murderer disease and so on.

I have news for you. People make choices - sometimes stupid choices.

I cringe when I think what this guy has in front of him, but I blame only him.

Addiction didn't become a "disease" until recovery clinics were set up and got third party insurance to start paying for treatment if it was classified as a "disease".

It doesn't matter if one considers it as a disease or not. The processes for recovery remain the same. However, those who do not want to take the responsibility to face their addiction and go through recovery, now have a ready made excuse..."I have a disease and am not responsible for anything I do".

Yeah, and then you all became a bunch of sex addicts !! I thought we just liked sex with different women.. It's natural right? NOOO, said the feminist with the phd. You have a disease. BAAM!! Industry created. :( But this guy must be right out of the seskatchamajig wilderness. Should have read the back cover of at least 1 of 1000 books with a white guys face behind bars in any book store in asia. Hope he enjoys the cockroach and rancid rice diet.. Knucklehead.

Right. There are no crimes, just diseases. There's the bank robber disease, the murderer disease and so on.

The disease is the monetary system. Once our species evolves into an intelligent one, we will work this out and create a system that doesn't actively seek to destroy ourselves and the planet.

Can you just begin to imagine the naivety that goes into a decision like this? First of all, does he have any experience as a drug dealer? Second, does he know the dealer well enough to trust him? The police insist they are going after the hill tribe dealer. Who wants to bet they know him, and work with him, in partnership? Sell to the dumb farang, call your friend the policeman, claim your bounty. It is done all the time here. Now, the cops will probably ask him if he has 2 million baht cash, he can get his hands on with 2 days. If not, you are going to trial.

Heroin is a serious drug. To fool around with it, on any level here is bordering on insane. I cannot say I condone any of it, but I feel bad for this guy, who has basically revoked the right to lead a good, healthy, productive life in the future. How is a guy like that going to do in prison, with hundreds of hardened convicts? What is going to happen to him when he is released? He will probably be sent back to Canada, where he might face additional prosecution, under Canadian law. His life is basically over.

I knew a guy who was busted for possessing a kilo of ganga on Samui. He was ratted out by a Thai woman, who was busted. She told them where he lived. They busted him, and gave him 2 days to come up with 1 million baht. They told him if he could, they would not press charges, and he could leave the country. He could not come up with the cash. They prosecuted him, and he got a 25 month sentence. He was released a few months early on a royal pardon. Happens all the time. Same with the full moon parties on Phangan. I know guys who were busted for having two joints. They were asked to pay 100,000 baht or they would be locked up. They paid, and they walked away, having learned a very expensive lesson. More than likely, they were ratted out too.

I dunno. I can't get into all of this vindictive stuff. I already blamed the guy but that doesn't mean I don't feel for him about what's coming. Yes he asked for it and yes he's going to get it but for his sake I really wish he hadn't done it. He's going into a hell.

The disease is the monetary system. Once our species evolves into an intelligent one, we will work this out and create a system that doesn't actively seek to destroy ourselves and the planet.

Understand Grasshopper? if you and I can all understand that right now then why aren't things different already?

Society changes when the collective consciousness changes, not before. How many times can you say you have chased money? i bet many, the same as all of us. Those who don't have it crave it and those who have much want more.

We can all preach but in the end only changes in behavior will work.

The people i find inspiring are the poor people who have little, know they will never have a lot and accept their lives. I have met many, i confess mostly people from the Philippines who see the real value in life, such as each other, a good meal, the occasional treat, good company and shelter.

But we see these people as backward and not developed,, crazy really.

This man simply did wrong, he was driven likely by a combination of addiction and greed and will now face the consequences of his actions, it is how it should be.

Thats going to sting.

Of all the money making ideas in all the world thats gotta be the dumbest of the lot, by several country miles.

You can't make this stuff up, really!

do Tourists buy heroin ,girls and booze for sure ,but Heroin ? Hill Tripe in thailand where ?

Can you just begin to imagine the naivety that goes into a decision like this? First of all, does he have any experience as a drug dealer? Second, does he know the dealer well enough to trust him? The police insist they are going after the hill tribe dealer. Who wants to bet they know him, and work with him, in partnership? Sell to the dumb farang, call your friend the policeman, claim your bounty. It is done all the time here. Now, the cops will probably ask him if he has 2 million baht cash, he can get his hands on with 2 days. If not, you are going to trial.

Heroin is a serious drug. To fool around with it, on any level here is bordering on insane. I cannot say I condone any of it, but I feel bad for this guy, who has basically revoked the right to lead a good, healthy, productive life in the future. How is a guy like that going to do in prison, with hundreds of hardened convicts? What is going to happen to him when he is released? He will probably be sent back to Canada, where he might face additional prosecution, under Canadian law. His life is basically over.

I knew a guy who was busted for possessing a kilo of ganga on Samui. He was ratted out by a Thai woman, who was busted. She told them where he lived. They busted him, and gave him 2 days to come up with 1 million baht. They told him if he could, they would not press charges, and he could leave the country. He could not come up with the cash. They prosecuted him, and he got a 25 month sentence. He was released a few months early on a royal pardon. Happens all the time. Same with the full moon parties on Phangan. I know guys who were busted for having two joints. They were asked to pay 100,000 baht or they would be locked up. They paid, and they walked away, having learned a very expensive lesson. More than likely, they were ratted out too.

25 months for a Kilo of weed? Ridiculous!

Was he selling it? If so he'd of got more than that. If not, just a fine.

I was busted with 200grams of weed and the fine was 3000 baht.

I read the book about a farang's experience in the Bangkok prison. I think it was called "Welcome to Hell". The guy got totally stitched up but he started out stupid and naive and made every mistake along the way due to stubborness. ie: When offered several opportunities to pay bribes he decided to fight in court.

Nonetheless, what is the penalty for this? I'm 55 and this story resonated with me because of our age similatities. I will admit, I do look a fair bit younger than that fellow.

A more relevant book is "Damage Done" by Warren Fellows regarding drug smuggling.