Live Bands In Pattaya - The Aftermath

nonameidentified

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your help the last time on all the recommendation of bars and pubs in Pattaya. We had a such a great time last saturday.

Some conclusion to my visit:

Blues Factory

Very experienced musicians and they sure know their repertoire by heart! Almost every musician sings and that's a great pleasure to see and hear that. Great bassist, guitarist Snowman plays guitar like drinking beer! And the female singer reminds me of Tina Turner.Great voice. hehehe!!

But it's sure very jazzy blues!! Cos on the whole set of songs they've done, I know only 2!! Well, I'm sure the next time my jazz musician friends pop by my place I'll bring them to this bar.

But since I like many different varieties of music, after staying in BLues factory for 40 mins, we left for another bar. And then not far away was Hot Tuna.

Hot Tuna

I think the musicians are Thai cos the lead singer just kept on saying,"Welcome to Hot tuna. enjoy yourself. Just keep drinking and give us your song list that you'll like to hear and we'll try our best to play them. Just keep drinking!!"

Wonder if he makes commission out of the drinks he promotes??? :o

But the guitarist and drummer plays really well. The drummer could play and sing songs from Greenday and Red Hot Chili Peppers which amazes me... :D

One thing though, they're swallowing their lyrics and I'm pretty sure they don't understand most of the lyrics in the songs they sing. Such a waste for that. I'm sure they could have done better if they understand what they sing. But all in all, great musicians there. And they play mostly hard rock stuff like Guns n Roses, Deep Purple, Metallica, Pink Floyd.

NOW, I'm ready to check out more bars!! So , addresses please!! the last thread they were not very clear.

Ok, So there's Easy Riders that is on the Second Road. But Second Road's really long............ So anyone who can provide more details on the exact location??

And Lucerfer which is on the walking street. The beginning or the end of the walking street so I know where to start.

Differ Pub. Someone mentioned behind Big C. But I remembered there's 2 Big C's in Pattaya right? which one then? The one near to Pattaya Tai? Behind Big C sounds pretty vake. :D

Hammer pub. Where is it?

Climax Bar. I will check that out next weekend. Since it's on the west side of the walking street, should be able to find that.

And I'll check out Bamboo bar the next time too. :D

Hmm... I sort of enjoy live band hoppings now!! Anyone needs a columnist on live bands in Chonburi?

NOW, I'm ready to check out more bars!! So , addresses please!! the last thread they were not very clear.

Ok, So there's Easy Riders that is on the Second Road. But Second Road's really long............ So anyone who can provide more details on the exact location??

As you are heading down second road it is roughly opposite the soi 3-soi 4 area.I went there 9.30 PM but nothing was happening so it will be at least a 10PM start.

And Lucerfer which is on the walking street. The beginning or the end of the walking street so I know where to start.

Differ Pub. Someone mentioned behind Big C. But I remembered there's 2 Big C's in Pattaya right? which one then? The one near to Pattaya Tai? Behind Big C sounds pretty vake. :D

It is the Big C on second road, drive past Big C and take the first street to the right, immediately after it, drive to the end and it's just there to the left.

Hammer pub. Where is it?

Climax Bar. I will check that out next weekend. Since it's on the west side of the walking street, should be able to find that.

And I'll check out Bamboo bar the next time too. :o

Bamboo bar is located on Pattaya South Road. As you are walking to Walking Street from beach road follow South road to the left. It is on the right about 20 metres up.

Hmm... I sort of enjoy live band hoppings now!! Anyone needs a columnist on live bands in Chonburi?

Can't help you with the others, sorry.

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your help the last time on all the recommendation of bars and pubs in Pattaya. We had a such a great time last saturday.

Blues Factory

Very experienced musicians and they sure know their repertoire by heart! Almost every musician sings and that's a great pleasure to see and hear that. Great bassist, guitarist Snowman plays guitar like drinking beer! And the female singer reminds me of Tina Turner.Great voice. hehehe!!

But it's sure very jazzy blues!! Cos on the whole set of songs they've done, I know only 2!! Well, I'm sure the next time my jazz musician friends pop by my place I'll bring them to this bar.

But since I like many different varieties of music, after staying in BLues factory for 40 mins, we left for another bar. And then not far away was Hot Tuna.

Hot Tuna

I think the musicians are Thai cos the lead singer just kept on saying,"Welcome to Hot tuna. enjoy yourself. Just keep drinking and give us your song list that you'll like to hear and we'll try our best to play them. Just keep drinking!!"

But the guitarist and drummer plays really well. The drummer could play and sing songs from Greenday and Red Hot Chili Peppers which amazes me... :D

One thing though, they're swallowing their lyrics and I'm pretty sure they don't understand most of the lyrics in the songs they sing. Such a waste for that. I'm sure they could have done better if they understand what they sing. But all in all, great musicians there. And they play mostly hard rock stuff like Guns n Roses, Deep Purple, Metallica, Pink Floyd.

Hammer pub. Where is it?

You won't find alot of jazz in the blues factory, band leader insists on not having it.

The plaqn of the bar is to have alot of songs that you won't hear around town. :D

Or, to save time and money, just go to the beer bar complex in North Pattaya opposite Big C. If you select a bar somwhere in the middle you should be able to hear at least 10-15 live bands at the same time.

10-15 live bands at the same time

:D yeah bloody ridiculous ! why do they insist on doing that ??? it ends up that you can't hear any band at all just a cacophony. :o

Hmm... if all the bands start blasting together, it can be tough to listen. Or you'll have to stay right in front of the amplifiers and get the buzzing sound in your ear after the night.

But I will try to check that out though. You'll never know what's good unless you explore!!

Hi Guys,

Blues Factory

Hot Tuna

Hammer pub. Where is it?

You won't find alot of jazz in the blues factory, band leader insists on not having it.

The plaqn of the bar is to have alot of songs that you won't hear around town. :D

They may be playing blues but their little solos and technics are showing the jazz in them. :D

It's sure cool to hear songs that are not commonly heard in other bars but I think sometimes it doesn't get people staying in the bar long enough and it can be difficult for the crowd to have a rapport with the band or to sing with the band. I don't mean the karaoke kind of way but I think a couple of familiar songs does brings a smile to a customer. Well, that's just my point of view though. :D