What Are the Biggest Lies Foreigners Tell Themselves?

eldragon

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2016 at 3:19 PM, Andrew C said:

haha!

"she likes me for me! not my money or the fact that i am american!"

The only reason a Thai girl would like a guy simply for being an American is b/c she thinks he's rich. But if you're implying Thais are interested in a green card, I'd question that. Most of em seem perfectly happy here. If anything, they'd prefer a guy that lives abroad so they can do what (who) they want when he's gone.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eldragon said:

The only reason a Thai girl would like a guy simply for being an American is b/c she thinks he's rich. But if you're implying Thais are interested in a green card, I'd question that. Most of em seem perfectly happy here. If anything, they'd prefer a guy that lives abroad so they can do what (who) they want when he's gone.

totally agree. I've noticed the "foreigner = rich" stereotype here.

• Like 2

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:19 AM, Andrew C said:

haha!

"she likes me for me! not my money or the fact that i am american!"

for a new member you do come out with some sh£t,

its all been said before,

next youll come out with the right old chesnut of,    dont invest more then your willing to walk away from,or loose,

we have heard it all before young man,

but some of us are still here many years of listening to the same old sh3T , still happy with the same wife and our children,

• 3 months later...
Just now, roo860 said:

Have always found people from Birmingham quite amiable, definitely not 'scum'

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Hate to say it scum but I disagree. Birmingham a waste of space. They make celebrities from benefit scroungers. Exited that dive in 2006ish. Been back less than 10 times. Maybe it has changed I do not care to find out.

16 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Well, I don't think anyone who went to university would compose a sentence like that. 

Sorry soi though you were smart enough to recognise the mistake. Bit of common sense. To should have been Tot.  I'll try to be much more clearer in future.

The cultural phenomena of 'losing face' only exists in Thailand and definitely doesn't exist( to the same extent ) in western countries.

The Thai cultural phenomena of 'losing face' is a real thing and not a myth which began life as a footnote in the 1994 Rough Guide to Thailand, completely made up by a young falang who had only been in the country a few months ....it gained legs through being repeated ad nauseam ever since by ex-sas  operatives swinging on Pattaya barstools keen to show how much they understand Thai culture.

Edited by onthesoi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1