US to hold trade workshop for Asean businesses

webfact

US to hold trade workshop for Asean businesses

articles010915NH-USfulbright_3.transforma

BANGKOK: -- Trade workshops to help Asean businesses better understand implications of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) will soon be held under a new US-led initiative, The Brunei Times reported.

Nina Hachigian, the US Ambassador to Asean, said in an interview that American trade officials will work together with Asean officials to create a “set of engagements” as part of the US-Asean Connect initiative which was launched last week during the Special US-Asean Summit in Sunnylands, California.

Hachigian said that the workshops will help give a better picture on how the TPP applied on specific topics and to answer questions of interest.

Out of the 12 TPP member countries, four are from Asean namely Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam while Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines have expressed interest in joining the high standard trade deal.

As for US-Asean Connect, Hachigian said that the initiative reflects American commitment to strengthen economic engagement with the region in the four pillars of business, energy, policy and innovation.

Under the initiative, three ‘connect centres’ will be established in Jakarta, Singapore and Bangkok to coordinate US government resources on growing economic activities.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152306

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-25

Thailand just sent a special envoy to Russia to talk about trade, I don't think they are anxious to join this scam.

If they sign the TPP, they will basically be giving away their trade rights to the banking cartel and empire builders.

I say don't do it!

"understand implications of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)" what a great way to put it!

Thailand just sent a special envoy to Russia to talk about trade, I don't think they are anxious to join this scam.

If they sign the TPP, they will basically be giving away their trade rights to the banking cartel and empire builders.

I say don't do it!

"understand implications of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)" what a great way to put it!

Well just today US President Barack Obama has signed a bill banning imports of fish caught by slaves in Thailand and elsewhere in Southeast Asia. This can be a big problem for Thailand. So be in TPP could be a win win :)