Apple. Hoodwink the dim wits.

Snackbar

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the FBI got into the phone themselves after all.

Best result all round really - they get the data they need, without Apple having to compromise on security.

You believe that? That the FBI magically decrypted the phone?

I don't.

Just face-saving BS from the idiots who knew they would lose any court case.

Best result all round really - they get the data they need, without Apple having to compromise on security.

I don't.

I agree, of course Apple helped but this was the best way to spin it.

I don't.

I agree, of course Apple helped but this was the best way to spin it.

Nice to see at least one newspaper (the Guardian) is using skeptic language:

"the Israeli mobile forensics firm that reportedly helped the FBI crack the iPhone..."

(My emphasis)

clearly you fail to understand an operating system and your only way out is to be abusive..

Are you a teacher per chance?

That's rather unnecessary. Did you dislike all your teachers at school?

gigglem.gif

Only the ones that didn't have clue what they were talking about, and turned to abuse to save face.

clearly you fail to understand an operating system and your only way out is to be abusive..

gigglem.gif

Only the ones that didn't have clue what they were talking about, and turned to abuse to save face.

May I ask, where was this?

gigglem.gif

sure, feel free to ask..

gigglem.gif

sure, feel free to ask..

No surprise that you didn't get on with your teachers if that's your response.

I don't recall saying I didn't get on with teachers..

It is just an observation that certain teachers that fail to understand the topic, when exposed become abusive as a way of saving face.

do you have a point?

is this in any way related to the topic or are you just trolling?

I don't recall saying I didn't get on with teachers..

It is just an observation that certain teachers that fail to understand the topic, when exposed become abusive as a way of saving face.

do you have a point?

is this in any way related to the topic or are you just trolling?

So where was this school?

Whats funny in all this is Apple saying they cannot access the phone yet a vulnerability in there own code allowed FBI to get in.

The bottom line is that every version on IOS has been jailbroken so it shows that IOS is not secure.

Marketing,

Reminds me of an ad they put out with a guy running down the road and when he gets to a certain place, he gets a location based alert telling him to remember to buy something from the nearby shop, what they dont tell you is that having location based reminders turned on will flatten your battery quicker than you can eat your dinner.

Whats funny in all this is Apple saying they cannot access the phone yet a vulnerability in there own code allowed FBI to get in.

The bottom line is that every version on IOS has been jailbroken so it shows that IOS is not secure.

How do you know it is a vulnerability in the iOS? Since the FBI won't publicly say how access was gained it could have been a hardware hack. There has been a lot of speculation that copying the flash drive was the method used. No one knows except the FBI and the third party who accessed the phone although there is a story that the DoJ intends to brief high ranking Senators and the Senate Intelligence Committee on the method used.

What is interesting is that WhatsApp has now introduced end to end encryption on all data transmitted via their App. Previously only one to one messages and VOIP call were encrypted. WhatsApp has a user base of over 1 biillion people as of February 2016.

“The idea is simple: when you send a message, the only person who can read it is the person or group chat that you send that message to. No one can see inside that message,” WhatsApp said in a blog post announcing the update. “Not cybercriminals. Not hackers. Not oppressive regimes. Not even us.”

You think the FBI had a headache with Apple? When all App developers are using end to end encryption the Apple/FBI dustup will seem insignificant.

Actually it's one of the most secure o/s available. Jailbreaks I believe only work if a devices is already unlocked and the password know. So yeah.... No device or computer is safe if already in with full access. Duh!

There are always bugs and exploits in software. They keep working to improve them and fix them. The new iPhones with the secure enclave are vastly different and more secure than that old 5c was (the San Bernadino phone).

Archived