Apple. Hoodwink the dim wits.

Snackbar

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as how Google, Microsoft and now Amazon have come out in support of Apple and have filed briefs with the court supporting Apple.... I'm curious what phone will the OP now use? Seems all tech companies are on Apple's side.

Perhaps he'd prefer to give his data to the Chinese. Buy a Huawei!

tominbkk

Have you no respect for data protection?

I'm sure he does. So do I. That's why we would just love to know which which phone and computer / operating system you use, so we can follow suit. How dare those big corporations stand up to the US Government demands. We absolutely support your view.

Which phone do you use?

There you go, this is mine:

post-183512-0-73483100-1456807040_thumb.

Now show yours ;)

And tell me which phone and computer I should use if I do not agree with Apple's refusal of complying with the FBI demands? I mean, you started this topic, so I would assume you have thorough knowledge of this topic and can advice how not to be a dim wit.

Bill Gates sides with the government. Analyst ask, is Apple using the issue to promote its marketing strategy?. 2015 marketing budget 12 billion US dollars.

I've a Lumia 909, from Amsterdam,it works, battery can be a bit...ummh.

For the troll: Super charge your isheep iOS 8 4G device in the microwave for 30s.

People, stop wasting time replying to this troll. Just stick him in your ignore list, then perhaps he will go back to playing his computer games.

Too easy right now...he is just digging himself deeper into dim-wit land :)

Bill Gates sides with the government. Analyst ask, is Apple using the issue to promote its marketing strategy?. 2015 marketing budget 12 billion US dollars.

I've a Lumia 909, from Amsterdam,it works, battery can be a bit...ummh.

For the troll: Super charge your isheep iOS 8 4G device in the microwave for 30s.

1. Show the source saying that he is siding with the Government.

2. Bill Gates is not active with Microsoft anymore...just an advisor. CEO of Microsoft is Satya Nadella

technology companies should not be required to build in backdoors to the technologies that keep their users’ information secure.” The statement was tweeted by Microsoft’s chief legal officer, Brad Smith, and then retweeted by Microsoft’s CEO, Satya Nadella.

https://twitter.com/BradSmi

So, need ANOTHER new phone and computer? :)

Here you are:

'Although Apple refused to comply with the court order and has always claimed its inability to unlock phones anymore, the FBI so cleverly proved that Apple does have a technical way to help feds access data on a locked iOS device.' (thehackernews.com)

What have you got to hide?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/ct-rosenthal-apple-iphone-apps-privacy-0228-biz-20160226-column.html

One for the troll.

Unlock hidden features on your idevice. Set the date to Jan 1st 1970. Enjoy the improved sense of self worth.

'The Department of Justice filed a motion to compel the technology company to obey a court ruling asking it to help the government unlock the phone, calling Apple’s opposition a marketing stunt.' (Buzzfeed)

Well, the hackernews article basically claims a lot and backs it up with links to their source....but guess what? Their claim that apple knows / can unlock the phone is posted without any link or explanation whatsoever. Interesting though, I also read on hackernews, their opinion on the creating a backdoor:

Here we support Apple policy not to help break its users' encryption, because once a master key is created to unlock that particular iPhone, we're sure that the US government will misuse this power and demand for the key again and again in near future for unlocking other phones.

You may want to add "thehackernews" website to your million other websites you need to block, because they are obviously full of dimwits whistling.gif

So, what is your take that you are using a microsoft phone, eventhough they are supporting Apple in their battle against the government?

My take is clear. It's projection of a marketing message as the DOJ and many analysts have said.

Marketing 101. The first question to ask is what business am I in?

Apple do not manufacture mobile devices. What business are they in?

I guess the people that empty your bins were delighted to get a free iPhone.

Because that really happened.

Do you believe everything you read on the net?

I rest my case.

No need to respond to a confirmed dimwit troll

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the OP isn't aware that user passwords are hashed before they are stored - they are not stored in some database in plaintext as the user entered.

For example, let's say this is a user's credentials:

[email protected] password

When hashed with say bcrypt, what gets stored in the device is this:

$2a$10$wkD5ZbOpOrGY76WdWeqQruLDo6T.2nGDcq6YLnu.g2ffWi5/Des2S

There is no known way to transform this back to: "[email protected] password" - the only way is to keep on trying combinations of the user's credentials until you get a match on the hashed value - also known as brute force.

What everyone wants Apple to do is remove their "enter the password wrong too many times and all data is wiped" protocols - which would mean that anyone could then brute force an iPhone.

There is one entity with the means to supply data contained in a government owned electronic device.

That entity has a marketing advantage of propriety software, promoted as the most secure on the market, its biggest asset, promoted at every opportunity.

The smartphone market has matured. And Apple's strategy is to bolster its perceived image. That is what marketing is. Other players have the same goal. And side with Apple in this next generation of portable devices.

The issue is encryption. The government will pass legislation to restrict encryption within consumer products. Not withstanding financial data.

Apple are simply defending their marketing goal. Read the rhetoric, it's about the marketing message.

Nothing to do with 'back doors'. Neither is it to do with privacy. Where you go or what you do is fodder when it is within the law.

Break the law and law enforcement has a right to access that data. To impede law enforcement is a crime.

Apple's defence of its marketing goal is incongruent with democratic law abiding societies.

The isheep boys repeat the message because that's what they paid a premium for. A sense of membership. A deception of elitism. A cult of deception.

Do some research. Apple's marketing strategy.

Have a nice day.

It's not agree or disagree. It is the most significant debate in the history of computer technology. It's the evolution of cryptography. The demise of financial institutions and the emergence of block chain technology in crypto currencies and data. The debate is that personal data should be accessible to law enforcement.

In this instance many professional analysts suggest Apple are overdoing the marketing rhetoric.

May be of interest.

http://www.quezmedia.com/blog/rhetoric-case-apple/

FYI. Fact. isheep is a recognised term for Apple consumers.

I think I err on the side of the tech giants here, what the government has asked is a "back-door" into the operating systems, and although for the pending cases this might serve a good intention longer term who knows how the US government would develop and use it for? furthermore the security of this new system would also be an issue. On balance let’s try to keep the governments out of public systems.

One character altered in an operating system will nullify any 'back door'.

The term 'back door' is simple speak so the sheep can swallow it. The back door will be created at Apple's facility, the back door will be opened at Apple's facility.

So why the big fuss? As many sector professionals suggest, to enforce the message to the hoodwinked.

As pretty much every know security professional has submitted an opinion, as several past directors of intelligence agencies and as the US Joint Chiefs of Staff all disagree with you and the FBI and state this is a terrible idea.... I'll go with the overwhelming authority and people in the know on the issue.

Archived