PayPal and Kasiskorn Bank

Hi, has anyone used a green bank account with PayPal? Can it be done? Does it work?

I have a long standing PayPal account from my time in the UK. if I tried to draw small amounts of money from it to a Thai bank account, would PayPal suspect money laundering and put a lengthy hold on it or block my account?

Thanks

I have linked my Pay Pal account --which was opened from the UK and connected to a UK bank account-- to a Thai credit card.

I updated my address to a Thai address and everything worked as usual.

Edited by Morakot

poster ECLIPSE is in my opinion the best way one thing being you can set it up online banking screen easy

as for linking your k debit card will require either a visit to your branch or as i did (pre shopping card days) online also you can log on to your k card account and it will supply all your details ie card number 3 digit security number from the rear of card

also k bank would not accept a uk pay pal account account to link this all happened a few years back now so maybe changed

but like i say k shopping card best way to go thumbsup.gif

I misread your post torrow. Yes, Lamkyong is right, you wouldn't be able to link a UK paypal to a Thai bank account.

You will need to open a Thai paypal account and then transfer the money from your UK paypal to your Thai PP. Then from Thai PP to your Thai Bank.

Thanks for the replies.

I want to transfer money from paypal direct to my Kasikorn bank rather than a UK Bank and then have to draw it from an ATM in Thailand. Not big money, someone pays me in Euros sometimes and I want Euro to Baht without having to convert to Sterling in between.

Thanks for the replies.

I want to transfer money from paypal direct to my Kasikorn bank rather than a UK Bank and then have to draw it from an ATM in Thailand. Not big money, someone pays me in Euros sometimes and I want Euro to Baht without having to convert to Sterling in between.

I have a Thai PayPal account linked to my Kasikorn account. I have had payments made to the PayPal account from the UK in pounds sterling. It stays in sterling until I go online and transfer it to the linked Kasikorn account. At the point I am told what the exchange rate is from Sterling to Baht. It's slow though. It takes about two weeks to arrive in the bank. Also note that the PayPal currency exchange rates are not as competitive as a bank.

You will have to link a card to the PayPal account, easily done by applying for a K-Bank virtual card online on the Internet banking site. It's only used to make one transaction with PayPal for verification purposes. When initiated it transfers 20 baht to PayPal and sends it back again. After that the K-Bank card has no further use, unless you use it to purchase something online. I've never used mine.

So the money gets paid into PayPal, transferred to the Kasikorn account and gets taken out of an ATM machine with an ATM card. End of story.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a Thai PayPal account linked to my Kasikorn account. I have had payments made to the PayPal account from the UK in pounds sterling. It stays in sterling until I go online and transfer it to the linked Kasikorn account. At the point I am told what the exchange rate is from Sterling to Baht. It's slow though. It takes about two weeks to arrive in the bank. Also note that the PayPal currency exchange rates are not as competitive as a bank.

You will have to link a card to the PayPal account, easily done by applying for a K-Bank virtual card online on the Internet banking site. It's only used to make one transaction with PayPal for verification purposes. When initiated it transfers 20 baht to PayPal and sends it back again. After that the K-Bank card has no further use, unless you use it to purchase something online. I've never used mine.

So the money gets paid into PayPal, transferred to the Kasikorn account and gets taken out of an ATM machine with an ATM card. End of story.

Where is say, "Also note that the PayPal currency exchange rates are not as competitive as a bank" sure is a nice way of saying their exchange rate sucks. wink.png

By the way, PayPal disagrees with you as they say their exchange rates are competitive...see PayPal snapshot below.

post-55970-0-86106900-1456409297_thumb.j

I have linked my Pay Pal account --which was opened from the UK and connected to a UK bank account-- to a Thai credit card.

Interesting. they told me I absolutely could not link my Thai CC to my home country PP account.

Yes I can advise a bit on the sucks exchange rate on Paypal. It is a model that is behind the times. I recommend a service called Transferwise. It works out cheaper than paypal for many transfers and was developed by Paypal's first programer. It is also invested in by Ebay and Richard Branson. It is the next model for money transfers. We have got lots of transfers and no problems at all. Have others had great success with them? We still offer both.

Interesting. they told me I absolutely could not link my Thai CC to my home country PP account.

You aren't thinking about linking your Kasikorn bank account with your home country PP ?

For me that was impossible because Kasikorn and other Thai banks don't use sort codes.

Sometimes you have to accept that just because they told you that you absolutely cannot, does not mean that you cannot.

Normal credit cards and debit cards have to pass AVS (address verification service) but Thai cards would always fail unless the address was in Thai, so instead AVS is setup on web cards to always get approved, so essentially its not acting like a normal Thai credit card and paypal are fooled into thinking its a non-thailand card.

I stand corrected, sort off.

I have just linked my Thai CC to my home country PP account however I cannot add my Thai address.

So even though I can use my Thai CC to buy through that PP account I cannot get the items sent here.

Not that it matters though as I have a second PP account with my Thai CC and address.

Years back I had my Bangkok Bank debit card linked to my U.S. PayPal account and used it once or twice for a PayPal source of payment. But when I got the debit card replaced which means a new number I never did relink it on PayPal.