Buying online in Thailand - rewarding or frustrating?

Caspersfriend

• 10 months later...

Re:- tohome.com.

I am trying to purchase something from them at this moment. It said " delivery 2-3 business days after payment "

I paid on the 2nd of this month and still nothing has arrived. I have e-mailed their " customer service " 3 times this morning and still no reply .

No mention yet of TOHOME.COM:
Anyone tried them? I would be interested to hear of any other experiences before I post about my recent dealings.

Yes. I've used them for 11 or 12 years. Never had a problem, but Lazada are my first choice.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

On 29/02/2016 at 11:34 AM, satopower said:

I almost never post on TV, but I want to give a warning about Lazada in Thailand. When an order goes smoothly, it's of course good. The problem is that service is HORRIBLE when the order goes wrong (which for me has been 25% or more of the time).

In the last 4 months I've placed 8 orders with Lazada, ranging from 400 baht to 5,000 baht. I really wanted to use them regularly, but problems kept popping up.

The first few orders were more or less fine (some quality issues, but normal for Thai goods). Then one of the shipments was completely the wrong item. I told Lazada and sent them a picture as proof. They reply back that the seller doesn't believe me and they want more evidence. Even though this makes me angry, I send in several more pictures as proof. The seller concedes, but then says they don't have the correct item in stock. So now I have to send back the wrong item (out of pocket for shipping), and then wait a few weeks to be reimbursed for everything. A few weeks later I'm back to where I started without the item except frustrated and having wasted a bunch of time.

A while later I try again, hoping that that one incident was an aberration. One or two orders go by without incident and I'm hopeful again (silly me). I order a chair online since this is the type of bulky item that is great for online delivery. Seller again delivers the wrong item. Weary from the last wrong item transaction, I tell Lazada that I will keep this item but just refund me the difference in price (it was a different model that was about 300 baht cheaper). Lazada says no. I have to ship the chair back (at my own expense), then they will send out the correct item.

Now, I'm livid. The whole reason I ordered this item online is because I don't want to have to deal with moving a bulky item, and I'm not about to figure out a way to get this large parcel to the post office so I can pay more money so I can eventually get the correct item I actually ordered. That's where I'm at now -- I'm just using this chair, which is a perfectly fine chair, but it's not what I ordered, and I'm out 300 baht on top.

tldr; You'll eventually be very disappointed in Lazada. It's more or less fine if it goes right; It's terrible if it goes wrong, which in my experience has been 2 out of 8 transactions.

Your problems would be solved by only paying cash on delivery. With this option you can inspect the item before paying and refuse delivery if it is wrong.

Archived