where could I find a little house for rent isaan area ?

Supertuktuk

Hi guys

I need some help!

I have to urgently leave the house where I was living in Khon Kaen.
I am looking for a small house one bedroom bathroom and kitchen (pet friendly)
I visited various classified websites but since I do not speak Thai seems a mission impossible
I am asking here maybe some of you guys know a neighbor who wants to rent his house or saw a place to rent......???
Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try ddproperty.com...........

.........Surely there must be some property selling agents in KK who also rent.

........Do what I do every winter when I arrive, ride around the roads on the back of my Thai girlfriend's motorbike looking for 'to rent' signs with phone #s. If u dont have a Thai girlfriend/boyfriend to help, find a young Thai lady/man/student who speaks some English and explain and offer to pay them to take you around on a mbike. It may be a good opportunity to meet and start a new relationship or make a new Thai friend.

Edited by SunsetT

........Do what I do every winter when I arrive, ride around the roads on the back of my Thai girlfriend's motorbike looking for 'to rent' signs with phone #s. If u dont have a Thai girlfriend/boyfriend to help, find a young Thai lady/man/student who speaks some English and explain and offer to pay them to take you around on a mbike. It may be a good opportunity to meet and start a new relationship or make a new Thai friend.

You are right but i do not have girlfriend or thai friends so it is a litle bit difficult...I am checking daily the websites as that one you suggest and bahtsold.even kaidee. com thai classified ( the old OLX) has some good deals but again the advirtisers are all thai speaking so you need to have an interpreter...

'Isaan area' is a large land mass. Is there a specific city/town your interest in?

I have been living for the last five years in Khon Kaen but it doesn't matter, i am looking for a quiet place where I can live with my dog, all I need a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, a small garden/parking for my bike and internet connection.... not too far from the city

My fiancé is renting A house in Korat if your interested.It just came open.Reasnable rate.I believe 2 bedroom,maybe 3.Not A big house.It's about A 3-5 minute drive from the Mall.If your interested PM me.

Ok thanks!

My fiancé is renting A house in Korat if your interested.It just came open.Reasnable rate.I believe 2 bedroom,maybe 3.Not A big house.It's about A 3-5 minute drive from the Mall.If your interested PM me.

Ok thanks!

How did you get on,I hope everything is ok for you,at one stage it sounded like everything was not to good.All the best

Ok thanks!

How did you get on,I hope everything is ok for you,at one stage it sounded like everything was not to good.All the best

not really

If you are stuck with no place to go, I can rent you a Thai style property.

Large living room, bedroom, bath, small kitchen area.

Fast internet available, next door to a internet shop.

It is in Buriram near Nang Rong, basic shopping available.

PM if interested.

If you are stuck with no place to go, I can rent you a Thai style property.

Large living room, bedroom, bath, small kitchen area.

Fast internet available, next door to a internet shop.

It is in Buriram near Nang Rong, basic shopping available.

PM if interested.

ok thanks

my wife has a three bedroom town house for rent in khon kaen phone me on 0903422467 if you are interested

• 2 weeks later...

my wife has a three bedroom town house for rent in khon kaen phone me on 0903422467 if you are interested

thanks it would be great but i think is too big for me as i am living alone

Edited by Supertuktuk

• 2 weeks later...

To "Supertuktuk"

Hope you have finally found somewhere.

Look in the Thailand Classified section of thaivisa.

You don't specify what area you are looking for but state you were in KK.

Unfortunately, I think, one of the difficulties is that you have a dog. I love all animals but many Thai's, even in the countryside don't accept tenants with dogs / cats.

I have posted about a place in Banphai which is about 45K south of Khon Kaen.

There seem to be some nice offers already in the posting above.

I wish you well and good luck in your search.

To "Supertuktuk"

Unfortunately, I think, one of the difficulties is that you have a dog. I love all animals but many Thai's, even in the countryside don't accept tenants with dogs / cats.

Unfortunately I have not found anything.I am looking everywhere in Isaan or even Saraburi

The biggest problem is that I do not speak thai and I have not a gf or thai friends , I found some ads on Kaidee or DDProperty but landlords don't speak english

I will continue to seek even someone thai english speaking who can help me.

Thanks

Edited by Supertuktuk

To "Supertuktuk"

Unfortunately I have not found anything.I am looking everywhere in Isaan or even Saraburi

The biggest problem is that I do not speak thai and I have not a gf or thai friends , I found some ads on Kaidee or DDProperty but landlords don't speak english

Thanks

Where are you living now? Are you still in khonkaen?, I am not back until next month so cannot help from over here but if you are still in khonkaen I will help when I am back.

To "Supertuktuk"

Thanks

Just a bit of a long shot, but many Thai/Chinese have travel agents and know a lot of the business people in towns. They usually speak good English so it might be another option? Edited by DILLIGAD

To "Supertuktuk"

Thanks

Where are you living now? Are you still in khonkaen?, I am not back until next month so cannot help from over here but if you are still in khonkaen I will help when I am back.

Yes I am still living in Khon Kaen hoping I can stay for a little while here , my situation is complicated, let me know when you are back just drop me a line thanks!

Edited by Supertuktuk

To "Supertuktuk"

Thanks

Just a bit of a long shot, but many Thai/Chinese have travel agents and know a lot of the business people in towns. They usually speak good English so it might be another option?

Thanks for your kind adivice!

Here in Kalasin (about an hours drive from Khon Kaen) I know of several smaller places for rent in the 3.500 to 5,000 baht per month range, and that is without really looking for such... Kalasin is a nice smaller Isaan City with both a Lotus and a Big C, so enough shopping opportunities for the most part... Easy place to get around, not much traffic and very nice people willing to help when needed...

I make it over to Khon Kaen about twice a month, and would be willing to meet up for Breakfast one of those mornings to discuss your situation and needs, and if it is someplace you would like to consider, take you around to see what's available and my GF could handle the Thai Negotiations if required... Private Message me if this is something that you would like to consider...

Also there are a couple of more "Local" groups in Khon Kaen that might be able to help you find something in KK, again just PM me for further information...

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

Go into a bar used by Farangs and ask the waitresses. Those ladies generally speak at least some English and know everything that's going on.

And some things that aren't . 555 Edited by DILLIGAD

Here in Kalasin (about an hours drive from Khon Kaen) I know of several smaller places for rent in the 3.500 to 5,000 baht per month range, and that is without really looking for such... Kalasin is a nice smaller Isaan City with both a Lotus and a Big C, so enough shopping opportunities for the most part... Easy place to get around, not much traffic and very nice people willing to help when needed...

I make it over to Khon Kaen about twice a month, and would be willing to meet up for Breakfast one of those mornings to discuss your situation and needs, and if it is someplace you would like to consider, take you around to see what's available and my GF could handle the Thai Negotiations if required... Private Message me if this is something that you would like to consider...

Also there are a couple of more "Local" groups in Khon Kaen that might be able to help you find something in KK, again just PM me for further information...

Pianoman

Kalasin, for me is the best small city in Isaan. It has as Pianoman says, good shopping, and what it doesn't have you can probably find in Roi-et, less than an hour away. Kalasin also has little traffic, except for in the school areas during drop off and pick up time. It is also close to Lam Pao dam, a nice recreation area, and has two lakes in the city, with walking tracks around them. Pianoman has helped me out, and is a nice guy, if you are looking for a place in Kalasin, take him up on his offer.

Watch DDproperty, it has been spammed by agents with non-existing rentals.. I spent a few weekend tracking down properties from location and photo (to cut out the middleman) and in Korat only 10% seemed genuine. Spoke to one householder and they said it was up for rent 4 years ago... They clue is with the agent name and photo... She is merely fishing for contacts.