Trump and Clinton 'confident' going into Super Tuesday

webfact

Trump and Clinton 'confident' going into Super Tuesday

606x341_325725.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- Donald Trump may be looking stronger than ever as he goes into Super Tuesday but his popularity among Republicans continues to be dogged by controversy.

His rally in Virgina was disrupted by protests against his failure to denounce the endorsement of a Ku Klux Klan leader, but once again he turned it to his own advantage vowing to unite the country.

“When you think of it, hey, honestly. Look. We are all together. Believe it or not, we are going to unify this country. This is not a unified country,” he said, “ We are going to bring this country together.”

On the Democratic side Hillary Clinton who is topping her rival Bernie Sanders by a comfortable 17 percentage points has been at pains to present herself as the voice of reason… in contrast to the mudslinging among Republicans.

“What we can’t let happen is the scapegoating, the blaming, the finger pointing that is going on on the Republican side, which not only sets a bad example, which as the congressman said, at least my mother would have said stop it. But it really undermines our fabric as a nation,” Clinton told supporters at a rally on the eve of the next group of primaries.

Super Tuesday is so-called as 15 states or territories vote on the same day to chose a presidential nominee. At stake are 595 delegates for the Republicans and 865 for the Democrats. It’s often seen as a sink or swim moment for candidates, particularly this time round among Republicans who still have five people in the race.

Other candidates
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Ben Carson
John Kasich

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-01

The disarray in the Republican Party is almost beyond astronomical and getting worse by the day. Super Tuesday probably won't help.

Less than a year out from the general election and the overriding Republican concern is how to ‘stop’ the presumptive nominee. Regardless of who you like or don’t like, this is hardly a formula for success.

The Republican big shots are literally throwing money at Rubio in their 'stop Trump' terror. And the subsequent in-fighting is beginning to make the Jerry Springer show look like a collection of charm school honor graduates.

The Democratic empress-to be could go home, watch Netflix, eat potato chips, not make a single campaign appearance for the next nine months and still win by a mile in November.

Why do the Republicans have this compulsive ‘death wish’?

Edited by Hayduke

My alarm is already set for 6 am so I can get up and watch the coverage. Trump may be

an egomaniac but Cruz is a compete nutter and in my opinion genuinely dangerous.

Rubio is the GOP old guard lap dog, bought and paid for and will do exactly as told.

Clinton has had <deleted> flicked at her steady for the last 9 years by the GOP. She probably

is no more corrupt than any other politician but 9 years of having it piled on and you are

going to at least smell a little. Bernie is just to progressive (European) to be elected in

the US but I believe a good man and the most honest of the lot. What you see is what

you get and what he says is what he believes. No tailoring his message to a particular

crowd. The best for the middle class in the US but unelectable. I am thinking a Trump/Kasich

GOP ticket (although I would like a Trump/Cruz ticket, late night, comedy gold) and a

HRC/ ????? Democratic ticket. I don't really care for Mrs. Pant Suit but I do think she will win.

I would like to see Trump win, build the wall (which Mexico will pay for, one way or another)

Reality TV at its best, as far as I am concerned. thumbsup.gif