Philippines vs Thailand

Filipinos ? No, they don't want to travel they just want to escape !

1. Thai people love Thailand and would like to live in Thailand only, but Philippinos love to travel out for better life.
  2. Ph ladies are more educated as they always try to get a good job in Western countries.
  3. I have many friends happily married to Ph ladies they really take care of families, and work at the same time
  4. No language problem with Ph people.
  5. But if I want to choose where to live, I will choose Thailand as it is more clean, more safe, less beggers, more variety of food.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to Manila, Cebu and Davao a couple of times here my own quick comparisons between the two countries.

Cheaper. = Philippines.

Food. = Thailand.

Shopping = = Thailand.

Women. = Philippines.

Transports. = Thailand.

Easy long term visa. = Philippines.

Security. = Thailand.

Easy of doing business and invest. = Philippines.

Skilled labor. = Philippines.

Communication with the people. = Philippines.

Cheaper rent. = Philippines.

Quality of housing. = Thailand.

Nightlife. = Philippines.

Religious tolerance. = Thailand.

Beaches. = Thailand.

Natural scenery. = Thailand.

Internet. = Thailand.

Social life. = Philippines.

Edited by marcofunny

Spent time in the Philippines but preferred Thailand. Bangkok, specifically.

Not enough white people in the Philippines. I was living in Boracay and had a great apartment, a woman, and a beautiful beach, but the nightlife was not nearly as good as BKK. I am in my 30s, though, so that may be a bit different.

PROS: Excellent local beer (Red Horse), no drinking restrictions, and a great beach.

CONS: Little to do and limited nightlife.

Wouldn't go back to the Philippines...

You could do a lot worse, though...

I buy Red Horse at Tesco.

Philippines is great for a visit, but Thailand is a better place to live.

Have to agree I spent a number of years splitting my time between here and there. It was a close call but Thailand is far better place to live. Philo's islands and beaches are much nicer and yes the level of English is much better but IMHO in the end Thailand wins hands down. Though if ya gotta go ya gotta go

I think it is better to find your soul mate from Philippines and bring her to Thailand to live with you. I had been to Phillipines one time and didn't feel very safe, not very clean beggars everywhere, not many variety of food, couldn't even find a decent gym.

The best thing was language, German loved it there because the bear was cheap lol.

I prefer Thailand to any of the nearby countries that I visited.

Oddly timed....

Have some friends over there now playing in a sports tournament....One had been in the PI before - the others were familier with Thailand.....

ALL are appalled at the conditions they (including the Thai guys) are seeing there travelling around from place to place.....Pretty sad was the best comment they had on the place.....

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2016 at 9:28 AM, little mary sunshine said:

OMG...Have you ever lived in PI? English is spoken, true,

But,if you think Thailand is unsafe, PI is 10X worse. Land of

Scams, bribes, filth, and Typhoons!!! These people go to

Church on a regular basis but. MONEY is their God....getting

It from Foreigners is their job......Good Luck in PI, don't get

Kidnapped!!!

Yes, I have visited the Philippines many times. I also lived there for about 1-1/2 years. It is a dangerous place! Especially for a foreigner! I would not want to live there again. I don't even want to visit it again.  

On 3/6/2016 at 5:30 PM, mrfaroukh said:

I think it is better to find your soul mate from Philippines and bring her to Thailand to live with you.

Fully agree but how to manage a long-term visa for Thailand? 

Hey,i have recently come back here after working away,it's too hot,and i have finished with the wife,moved out ,now i am going to go to Philippines,Bohol island,i have met with a lovely lady there,speaks perfect English,has never asked me for money,and is not an ex bar girl,qualities my ex wife was sadly lacking,it's cheaper ,cooler,easy with the language ,and immigration,so any of you guys can give me any feedback,and i don't mean the usual suspects who will no doubt be salivating at seeing a post from me and go all out to hammer me,i would like some intelligent thoughts on the merits of both countries.

Be cautious OP.  I have done a lot of Online dating with both Filipina's and Thais and on balance i would be more comfortable with a Thai.

Almost every Filipna i have met Online is scamming but they are extremely good at playing the very, very, very long game, re the money bit.  They ofen have nothing else to do all day so they can convince you that they must be really into you because they are spending so many hours with you Online.  Also i would add that the English speaking ability of Filipinas is often overplayed, with many it is pretty poor. They might write OK but will you be able to understand when they speak?

Personally i don't like the religious aspect in the P'pinnes either and the constant talk of being god fearing and wanting to meet a god fearing man can become annoying and suspicious as well.

Briefly my views on the othe main comparatives

Infrastructure is better in Thailand
Re Security i don't feel any more threatened in P'pinnes than Thailand, i don't think the security guard gun culture translates into it being a more dangerous place.
There are some great Filipino food dishes and once you have found the right places eating local and Western food in the P'pinnes will be as good as, and often better than Thailand.

Beer and wine is definitely cheaper in P'pinnes.

Immigration is far less hassle in P'pinnes

Edited by rogeroc

On 5/29/2017 at 0:11 PM, peergin said:

Yes, I have visited the Philippines many times. I also lived there for about 1-1/2 years. It is a dangerous place! Especially for a foreigner! I would not want to live there again. I don't even want to visit it again.  

That is what I have always though. It was really dangerous when I visited, but that is more than 25 years ago. To me, Thailand is cheaper, safer and better in almost every way.

I was on a plane with a guy, we got talking,he was married to a Thai,not now He's married to Phil.He told me if you think upcountry Thais want your money- forget it- Once the Phill extended family ( never visited before ) learnt about him ,they visited and would not leave the house before being payed a hefty sum !

13 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Topic has been done to death. However where ever you have more money is better.

Even the money feels dirty in the Philippines....

Everything there is much dirtier from the people to the places....

Really so when you get away from any tourist hub....

• 2 weeks later...

Havent been to PI so I cant say for sure but having travelled to Thailand on a number of ocassions im very satisfied with what the country has to offer. I will however, do a comparison with my obversations and hearsays from people I know around me.

Women:
Thailand for me, has the most beautiful women in the world. PI women just aren't my cup of tea. Also, they don't seem to age gracefully. Most of them after their 30s just seem to put on massive amounts of weight

Marriage quality:
PI ladies really takes great care of their family. But you are right about the extended family though. There's a saying that goes: Once you marry a filipino, you marry their entire family. Thai women do expect the same as well but its usually only limited to their parents.

Safety:
I have never felt fear walking around alone in Thailand at any given time of the day. So thats good enough for me. Maybe ive just been very lucky so far.

Transport:

Bangkok suffers from the congested traffic as well but a good public transport infrastructure (BTS/MRT) makes up for it.

Food:

filipino cuisine too odd for me. I much prefer the flavours of thailand where the more commonly eaten food looks taste and smells normal.

NIghtlife:

Truly the highlight of Thailand (although most locals really hate to acknowledge it). Thailand provides solutions for all walks of life looking for a little fun.

Smoking/drinking:
Not a fan of either so doesn't really affect me. But the beers in PI does taste better than Thailand.

Housing:

Its getting really expensive in Thailand in recent years. Their property prices have gone batshit crazy as more foreign investors come in. IMO its just a bubble waiting to burst though. Many of these investors are hoping to sell off in the future but can't really see that much demand especially given the price. 

Weather:
Just hot. extremely hot unless you go up north. but except for flooding, pretty much nothing dangerous

Streets:

I get irritated by persistent peddlers easily and this is where thailand score big points. I have never been aggressively harrassed by scammers/street vendors trying to shove something I dont want or need in my face for long periods. Not sure if its true for PI but I got that quite often in Vietnam and was truly annoyed.

Thailand for me, has the most beautiful women in the world. PI women just aren't my cup of tea. Also, they don't seem to age gracefully. Most of them after their 30s just seem to put on massive amounts of weight

Check out your average Thai village and see how many over 30, slim attractive women there are.  Women tend to look after themselves when they have enough money for those facials, nail salons, hairdressers etc, and a diet that doesn't include sticky rice. Unfortunately that tends to exclude most village women.

On 02.03.2016 at 8:14 AM, lovelomsak said:

Do not know a lot about the country.But the women are 10 times more domestic and caring for their husbands. Phillipinas really respect the man who provides a good life for them. If you can have a good wife and good home life,that is the most important. As you get older other things will become less important. I wish you the best of luck and a very happy future I feel you made the right decision.

very true....

On 02.03.2016 at 7:53 AM, ivan96822 said:

Spent time in the Philippines but preferred Thailand. Bangkok, specifically.

Not enough white people in the Philippines. I was living in Boracay and had a great apartment, a woman, and a beautiful beach, but the nightlife was not nearly as good as BKK. I am in my 30s, though, so that may be a bit different.

PROS: Excellent local beer (Red Horse), no drinking restrictions, and a great beach.

CONS: Little to do and limited nightlife.

Wouldn't go back to the Philippines...

You could do a lot worse, though...

not enough white people? you mean those with long white gowns and pointed white head hoods who burn crosses?:ph34r:

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

not enough white people? you mean those with long white gowns and pointed white head hoods who burn crosses?:ph34r:

No, old white devils like this, and that pic was awhile back.

I was in Thailand for 3 years about 38 years ago.  Wasn't looking to get married but stuff happens.  I've probably gotten slightly over a 50%  return on my investment in my gal who weighed ~ 85 pounds back then.

USMCPOP.JPG