World considers a Trump presidency, and many shudder

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What does Trump say that makes the world shudder?" Is that a real question? It's a doozy. Here are some answers......

>>> is unpredictable

>>> uninformed

>>> wishy-washy - changes opinions day to day

>>> quick-to-anger, vindictiveness, recrimination

>>> extremely judgmental. No middle ground. Everything for his is either fabulous or awful. Every person he either loves or hates.

>>> has the emotional maturity of 9 yr old brat

>>> can never admit making a mistake

>>> interrupts and repeats endlessly

>>> thin-skinned

>>> want to appear to be the toughest guy. People like that jump into wars.

>>> uses his blustering to cover for his self-doubts. Who else do you know declares publicly, "I am very very rich." ? If a farang moved into a Thai village in Issan and declared that, he would be treated like the buttplug he is.

....shall I go on?

If you go on instead of more kindergarten buffoonery why not try discussing the issues

What is Trump's position on the following?

1. The Anti-Free Trader.

2. Cutting America’s Military Budget.

3. Rejecting Big Money Political Corruption

4. Preserving Social Security and Medicare.

5. Lowering Seniors’ Prescription Drug Costs.

6. Breaking Health Insurance Monopolies.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/22/6_key_issues_where_hillary_is_vulnerable_against_donald_trump_partner/

I do notice that you keep on avoiding Trump's tax plan. If the Senate and the House were still Republican, there's a good chance that it would pass.

Did you ask me for his tax plan? I must have missed it. Here is his plan as far as I know.

Called the “1-5-10-15” Tax proposals consist of the following:

* Those making up to $30,000 will pay 1 percent.

* Income from $30,000 to $100,000 results in a flat 5 percent.

* $100,000 to $1 million income will be taxed at 10 percent.

* On $1 million or above will be taxed 15 percent.

For people discussing immigration policy this site looks quite informative:

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/frequently-requested-statistics-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states/

One of the startling observations is that 40% of illegals actually enter the country legally. With a tourist visa, visa exempt, business and student visas.

Should housemasters in USA report changes of foreign people within 24 hours as they do here? Probably not as that might be seen as too much intrusion in the freedoms of legal status people.

Maybe a wall between Mexico and the USA is not the answer. Maybe requiring employers to fully comply with reporting would help as well. Plenty of ways to control or reduce illegal immigration.

Employers pay cash. Government can't enforce reporting laws - not enough cops in the world. If there was a way it's been tried and did not work. Try a wall especially for Canadians.

Most Mexicans enter the US legally. If they then want to stay in a semi-legal quandary, that's their choice. Usually, if that happens, they get jobs that Americans don't care to do - at around minimum wage. Whether they send money back to families in Mexico should not be a concern for Americans, and the US gov't should not stifle or confiscate those money transfers. If the Feds tried doing that, shit would fly, and Trump and his followers would get the worst of it.

There are many issues. I'm not against every one of Trump's proposals, though they're mostly generalities with little thought or detail behind them.

I'm in favor of less US troops stationed overseas. I'm fully in favor of competitive bidding for pharma and health care. I think Sanders has the best chance of squaring off against Big Pharma. Trump may make designs on that, but he would back down when facing up against multi-millionaire CEO's. Very rich people don't like ruffling the feathers of other very rich people. On a smaller scale, it happens in Thailand all the time: whenever a rich person or his son breaks the law, authorities bend over backwards to shield such people from any legal repercussions. Back to Trump: he has no track record at all at putting through legislation. He has no track record of standing up to vested interests or corporate bosses. He can talk the talk to try and garner votes, but I think he will act like a card-carrying member of The Billionaire Boys Club when it comes to implementing anything which might impact adversely on his buddies. Sanders, on the other hand, has decades of experience of dealing with legislative issues and of standing up against vested interests.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/frequently-requested-statistics-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states/

One of the startling observations is that 40% of illegals actually enter the country legally. With a tourist visa, visa exempt, business and student visas.

Should housemasters in USA report changes of foreign people within 24 hours as they do here? Probably not as that might be seen as too much intrusion in the freedoms of legal status people.

Maybe a wall between Mexico and the USA is not the answer. Maybe requiring employers to fully comply with reporting would help as well. Plenty of ways to control or reduce illegal immigration.

Employers pay cash. Government can't enforce reporting laws - not enough cops in the world. If there was a way it's been tried and did not work. Try a wall especially for Canadians.

Most Mexicans enter the US legally. If they then want to stay in a semi-legal quandary, that's their choice. Usually, if that happens, they get jobs that Americans don't care to do - at around minimum wage. Whether they send money back to families in Mexico should not be a concern for Americans, and the US gov't should not stifle or confiscate those money transfers. If the Feds tried doing that, shit would fly, and Trump and his followers would get the worst of it.

There are many issues. I'm not against every one of Trump's proposals, though they're mostly generalities with little thought or detail behind them.

I'm in favor of less US troops stationed overseas. I'm fully in favor of competitive bidding for pharma and health care. I think Sanders has the best chance of squaring off against Big Pharma. Trump may make designs on that, but he would back down when facing up against multi-millionaire CEO's. Very rich people don't like ruffling the feathers of other very rich people. On a smaller scale, it happens in Thailand all the time: whenever a rich person or his son breaks the law, authorities bend over backwards to shield such people from any legal repercussions. Back to Trump: he has no track record at all at putting through legislation. He has no track record of standing up to vested interests or corporate bosses. He can talk the talk to try and garner votes, but I think he will act like a card-carrying member of The Billionaire Boys Club when it comes to implementing anything which might impact adversely on his buddies. Sanders, on the other hand, has decades of experience of dealing with legislative issues and of standing up against vested interests.

(32%) persons held in federal prisons are Hispanic. Hispanics are the fastest growing group being imprisoned.

Hispanic men are almost four times as likely to go to prison at some point in their lives as non-Hispanic white male.

Hispanics are significantly more likely to be low-income.

Hispanics are less likely to receive child support.

Hispanics are most likely to report being in fair or poor health.

http://www.sentencingproject.org/doc/publications/inc_hispanicprisoners.pdf

Maybe this is the kind of person you want in the USA but I think many do not.

There are many reasons that Trump does not worry Americans and many outside of America like Mexico shudder.

(32%) persons held in federal prisons are Hispanic. Hispanics are the fastest growing group being imprisoned.

Hispanic men are almost four times as likely to go to prison at some point in their lives as non-Hispanic white male.

There are many reasons that Trump does not worry Americans and many outside of America like Mexico shudder.

America has the most prisoners per capital in the world, so what is your point? Edited by dutchisaan

America has the most prisoners per capital in the world, so what is your point?

A lot of non Americans don't realize how many Hispanic men end up in prison and that they are a danger to the USA. The USA wants people who become productive members of society not people who commit crimes and end up in prison (32%) persons held in federal prisons are Hispanic. Hispanics are the fastest growing group being imprisoned.) That is one of the reasons Trump makes non Americans shudder because they don't know why he wants to build a wall on the Mexican (not Canadian) border.biggrin.png

Edited by Scotwight

Here's an article from the left wing journal known as the Wall Street Journal. You seem to think that undocumented alien is the same thing as Hispanic. Think again: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mythical-connection-between-immigrants-and-crime-1436916798

Here's an article from the left wing journal known as the Wall Street Journal. You seem to think that undocumented alien is the same thing as Hispanic. Think again: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mythical-connection-between-immigrants-and-crime-1436916798

The rise of Hispanic America: Incredible graphs show how Latinos went from just 7million to the country's biggest minority in just two generations.
  • More lenient immigration laws in the 1960s took the Hispanic population from just 7m in 1970 to 57m today
  • The number of Hispanics today is predicted to double by 2050
  • European whites once made up 80 per cent of the American population but will be a minority by 2044
  • Geographic closeness of Hispanic countries to the U.S. along with rising birth rates among Hispanics within the country account for the growth

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2999574/The-rise-Hispanic-America-Incredible-graphs-went-negligible-biggest-minority-just-two-generations.html

The change is not immigrants being assimilated into American society it is American society being assimilated into a Latin culture.

"What does Trump say that makes the world shudder?" Is that a real question? It's a doozy. Here are some answers......

>>> is unpredictable

>>> uninformed

>>> wishy-washy - changes opinions day to day

>>> quick-to-anger, vindictiveness, recrimination

>>> extremely judgmental. No middle ground. Everything for his is either fabulous or awful. Every person he either loves or hates.

>>> has the emotional maturity of 9 yr old brat

>>> can never admit making a mistake

>>> interrupts and repeats endlessly

>>> thin-skinned

>>> want to appear to be the toughest guy. People like that jump into wars.

>>> uses his blustering to cover for his self-doubts. Who else do you know declares publicly, "I am very very rich." ? If a farang moved into a Thai village in Issan and declared that, he would be treated like the buttplug he is.

....shall I go on?

If you go on instead of more kindergarten buffoonery why not try discussing the issues

1. The Anti-Free Trader.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/22/6_key_issues_where_hillary_is_vulnerable_against_donald_trump_partner/

I do notice that you keep on avoiding Trump's tax plan. If the Senate and the House were still Republican, there's a good chance that it would pass.

Did you ask me for his tax plan? I must have missed it. Here is his plan as far as I know.

I must say that's quite a journal you're quoting there. Anyway, it says nothing to contradict what I've said. And the notion that lowering taxes on the rich will help the economy is ludicrous. The nation's financial institutions are already awash with liquidity. Money all stacked up and no place to go. That's why interest rates are so low.

1. The Anti-Free Trader.

I must say that's quite a journal you're quoting there. Anyway, it says nothing to contradict what I've said. And the notion that lowering taxes on the rich will help the economy is ludicrous. The nation's financial institutions are already awash with liquidity. Money all stacked up and no place to go. That's why interest rates are so low.

That is a different point altogether. You asked me for his tax plan and I had no problem producing it along with many other positions on major issues. I don't see why you would think the above plan lowers taxes on the rich. The rich don't pay taxes. 15% on 1 million would be a 15% increase as I see it.

That is a different point altogether. You asked me for his tax plan and I had no problem producing it along with many other positions on major issues. I don't see why you would think the above plan lowers taxes on the rich. The rich don't pay taxes. 15% on 1 million would be a 15% increase as I see it.

One of the main criticisms of Trump supporters is that they don't know a heckuva lot about the finances of the United States. Your statement that the rich don't pay taxes is just further proof of that. It's true the rich have had their taxes mostly drastically cut from the time of Reagan onwards. But it's not true that they don't pay taxes. Here's another link from the Wall Street Journal. You'll note that the wealthiest households stand to gain an average of 1.3 million dollars. http://www.wsj.com/articles/analysis-of-trumps-tax-plan-shows-big-cuts-in-taxes-federal-revenue-1450807194

The louder Trump howls and the longer Trump wails the more we know he's being pantsed by the Institutional Republican Party and good for 'em over there trying to save their beloved party. smile.png

Nothing is resolved yet or final so Republicans at the convention will have to hold their fire until the fat lady sings.

Why not try debating the issues instead of the debating the person? What does Trump say that makes the world shudder? Europe might have to sacrifice health care and universal education to start paying for NATO defense? China might have to compete on a level playing field? Mexico might have to start making social changes instead of the entire country deserting to the USA?

Actually you make a fair point here.

On some of the issues he actually agrees more with the Democratic party. Western Europe should pay more for its defense. (Although it would not have to sacrifice it's highly superior social system to do that. I think we're talking about a bump in percentage of GDP of about 2 percent.) And the corollary of that is that America should start paying less. That's not going to be a real popular position with the Republican ruling class. He said the same about Korea which is even more emphatically the case since our troops there can be held as virtual hostages by a nuclear armed North Korea. Even at its present level of defense, South Korea is easily capable of deterring a North Korean conventional assault. What's more, China and Japan, the world's 2nd and 3rd largest economies are right there too, What are we doing there?

And on China, he's right again. China makes it very difficult for Western companies to sell their goods there. We should retaliate. But that would definitely hurt corporate profits. You think the Republican Congress will stand for that? And consumers might feel something of a bite in the short run and a pinch in the longer run. Unless China backs down. This is also naturally a Democratic issue. And yes, I know Obama backs TPP. But the vast majority of Democrats don't. It's the Republican Congress who is backing that. Again catering to corporate interests.

As for Mexico. Last I checked, there was a net outflow of Mexican immigrants. And it was Trump who blamed the Mexican government for sending over rapists via illegal immigration. There he's taken one right out of the Republican playbook.

What you didn't mention though is really, truly, yuuge!!!. It's his gigantic tax cut. It would cut the wealthiest .01% taxes by almost 20%. I believe it would cut middle class taxes by about 4%. And this is truly odd because the majority of Republican voters think taxes on the wealthy should be raised. I don't know how his supporters reconcile this with his being on their side.

And then there is the question of his general, massive ignorance. I mean he's had months to bone up on these issues and apparently has done nothing in that regard. Just read the interview he had with the Washington Post.

Anyway, I am, for my own partisan reasons, rooting for him to get the nomination. Go Trump!

So seems that he is not so far right as

Many try to Depict him...

Don't say he's the best candidate but he ain't falling off the right side of the planet ...

On some issues.. Yes on the right... But on others seems to be left off Hillary

Edit--

Just want to clarify that only a couple issues that feel he's on the left of Hillary... And I mean the real Corporate Hillary who would be the president of elected...

.. Not the 'me too' Hillary from primary time

Edited by CWMcMurray

I don't know how much this relates to the above, but I've heard through the grapevine that, in states that have legalized pot growing, some growers are renting rooms to store cash. For obvious reasons, they prefer strongly built, well-secured rooms. They then proceed to fill them to the ceilings with boxes of cash. If they were conventional businesspeople, they would likely stash their cash in tax havens. I don't know, but the mention, above of; 'money all stacked up and no place to go,' just brought those issues to mind.

As for Trump's tax proposal: "15% over a million" .....that's too low in my view. Or else tax higher on higher amounts. Example: 20% over 2 million. 25% over 3 million. 30% over 4 million. 35% over 5 million would be fair, if you ask me. Granted some or most millionaires would hide their money overseas, but there are trade-offs with any policy. And then there are lavish bonuses for upper echelon company teat-suckers. Sometimes amounting to several million dollar per person. BP's top exec got a several million $$ bonus right after BP got fined big time for polluting the Caribbean.

Sanders is the only candidate of either party who has the guts to deal with such issues sanely.

I just watched the latest democrat debate in New York and have to take back my above comment

Trump is no longer left of Hillary on anything.

She is now a mini-Bernie, she now says she agrees with him on nearly everything

Let's see if this remains true in the fall or if she will get amnesia ...

I don't know how much this relates to the above, but I've heard through the grapevine that, in states that have legalized pot growing, some growers are renting rooms to store cash. For obvious reasons, they prefer strongly built, well-secured rooms. They then proceed to fill them to the ceilings with boxes of cash. If they were conventional businesspeople, they would likely stash their cash in tax havens. I don't know, but the mention, above of; 'money all stacked up and no place to go,' just brought those issues to mind.

As for Trump's tax proposal: "15% over a million" .....that's too low in my view. Or else tax higher on higher amounts. Example: 20% over 2 million. 25% over 3 million. 30% over 4 million. 35% over 5 million would be fair, if you ask me. Granted some or most millionaires would hide their money overseas, but there are trade-offs with any policy. And then there are lavish bonuses for upper echelon company teat-suckers. Sometimes amounting to several million dollar per person. BP's top exec got a several million $$ bonus right after BP got fined big time for polluting the Caribbean.

Sanders is the only candidate of either party who has the guts to deal with such issues sanely.

The reason pot growers don't deposit their money in banks is because they and the banks are afraid of the Feds. The money could be confiscated and the banks could get into trouble.

I just watched the latest democrat debate in New York and have to take back my above comment

Very clever and foreseeable strategy by Clinton to start getting the Bernie crowd on board as soon as her inevitable nomination. Bernie has certainly affected her campaign, and she is adjusting her rhetoric. As you say, hard to know if she will get amnesia once elected. I think the biggest challenge she has is how to capture the younger voters, who have no use for the dark Lady Voldemort and her evil empire ways. It probably doesn't matter, because once she is elected, she will have all the power she's been craving, and will only throw the Bernie crowd crumbs to shut them up if they get agitated.

Trump is pivoting similarly, that is to say, starting to shoot less from the hip, starting to listen to advisers and actually articulate some policies, and I'm not sure if that will work for him or not, as unlike Hilary, he stands to lose his base that loves the baboon version of Trump, and there is no way he will get the middle, educated, or independents as they saw through him years ago.

The reason pot growers don't deposit their money in banks is because they and the banks are afraid of the Feds. The money could be confiscated and the banks could get into trouble.

Complex....

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications/banking-in-the-ninth/bsa-expectations-for-marijuana-related-businesses

Does anyone share the feeling that the chairman allowed Hillary to speak about 60% of the time to Bernie's 40%? He seemed to express consternation at Hillary not keeping to the allotted time or the topic or was that my bias telling me that?

Sorry mod can you allow? I realise off topic because I haven't mentioned the world shuddering at a Trump presidency. Oh as you were I just did wai2.gif

An interesting piece in the UK Guardian today about how the rise of the right is over, referring to Trump, Cruz and equivalents in the UK.

Who can best express the cocktail of nativism, hatred of foreigners in general and immigrants in particular, fetishisation of the absence of government and its handmaiden, the ultra-free market, all wrapped up in profoundly reactionary views of women, religion and punishment, that constitutes the ideology of today’s US right? It will be hand-to-hand political in-fighting, plumbing new depths of viciousness and possible physical violence. Thus will America be great again.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/17/america-britain-right-in-crisis-donald-trump-ted-cruz-boris-johnson-nigel-farage

The article goes on to praise the merits of a right wing conservative party, but how radical right wingers have destroyed their own party's value proposition. So true in America and sad to watch for those of us who value much of conservative views.

Getting here has been a 30-year journey. You may disagree with mainstream Conservatism, but it has a respectable pedigree. Democracies should have parties of the right that are distrustful of government, pro-enterprise, sceptical of the value of organised labour, anxious to minimise taxation, wary of social experimentation and ethnic diversity. A lot of people think that way and their views must be represented

Trump's handlers and his wife have probably been telling him to keep things simple, low-key, and not pontificate so much - because it's been 10 days and not one headline screaming about a Trumpism. Not one big story lately about Trump lying or being flummoxed by a question, or being wrong on an important topic. Come on Trump, be yourself. Speak your mind. We like the entertainment.

Trump's handlers and his wife have probably been telling him to keep things simple, low-key, and not pontificate so much - because it's been 10 days and not one headline screaming about a Trumpism. Not one big story lately about Trump lying or being flummoxed by a question, or being wrong on an important topic. Come on Trump, be yourself. Speak your mind. We like the entertainment.

I would guess it is more the handlers of mainstream media that tell CNN, MSNBC, etc to keep Trump off the front page so to speak. The powers that be thought Trump was just a little fling and then it got out of control and he rose in popularity. Now the establishment right will have to find a way to get him out of the picture. Discredit him, cut his media ..if that fails send in the jackels.

I don't support Trump. I say this mostly to show how much power the media has over what we think. If he gets zero coverage all these Trump threads die on TVF!!!!

I would guess it is more the handlers of mainstream media that tell CNN, MSNBC, etc to keep Trump off the front page so to speak. The powers that be thought Trump was just a little fling and then it got out of control and he rose in popularity. Now the establishment right will have to find a way to get him out of the picture. Discredit him, cut his media ..if that fails send in the jackels.

I don't support Trump. I say this mostly to show how much power the media has over what we think. If he gets zero coverage all these Trump threads die on TVF!!!!

It was, in fact, just all media hype. Nothing substantial to the armies of Trump Fascists storming the countryside and creating mayhem.

The truth was clear....it was just anti-trumpers trying to incite any kind of violence or incident...no matter how minor...so that it would get front page headlines. (in order to show trump was "evil" and "violent").

backfired...didn't it? How did this work out for them?

Trump now polls almost double that of tiny teddy. Hundreds of delegates in the northeast within the coming weeks.

He has it nailed. Thanks to the #Notrumpers. You lost.

Very clever and foreseeable strategy by Clinton to start getting the Bernie crowd on board as soon as her inevitable nomination. Bernie has certainly affected her campaign, and she is adjusting her rhetoric. As you say, hard to know if she will get amnesia once elected. I think the biggest challenge she has is how to capture the younger voters, who have no use for the dark Lady Voldemort and her evil empire ways. It probably doesn't matter, because once she is elected, she will have all the power she's been craving, and will only throw the Bernie crowd crumbs to shut them up if they get agitated.

Trump is pivoting similarly, that is to say, starting to shoot less from the hip, starting to listen to advisers and actually articulate some policies, and I'm not sure if that will work for him or not, as unlike Hilary, he stands to lose his base that loves the baboon version of Trump, and there is no way he will get the middle, educated, or independents as they saw through him years ago.

I think the biggest challenge she has is how to capture the younger voters, who have no use for the dark Lady Voldemort and her evil empire ways.

Reading the letters of the dauphin can be equally as interesting, if not more so much of the time. The dangers can come if and when things get beyond one's control, as it were. smile.png And all of this this year has already gone well beyond the control of the Republican party. It's not even a duel any more and it long ago ceased being even a respectable contest.

When HRC announced last year to make it official she and everyone else knew she needed only to secure the Obama coalition of 2008 and its lesser incarnation in 2012, each of which put Barack in the White House will votes to spare.

No one foresaw the candidacy of Bernie Sanders or the whopping impact Bernie would have on the nation and the world, across Europe especially where Bernie is seen as one of them.

HRC never needed the large number of voters who have turned out for Bernie in the Democratic party caucuses and primaries. She still does not need them. One would be hard pressed also to see those voters going in the completely opposite direction, i.e., to vote for Trump or Cruz, or even John Kasich.

Would Hillary take those voters, she sure would. Will HRC make every effort to attract as many of 'em as she can, she sure will.

And Bernie will help her as he campaigns throughout the country to elect the D party ticket in November. Then the Independent Senator Sanders will return to the Senate in January where, to sit on committees and to do anything he will need to caucus with the Democrats (whether in the minority or the majority). This is because of reality, i.e., each party's leadership assigns senators to committees --- no committee assignments, no work to do each day. Bernie's new task in the next Senate is to get laws passed. Making a speech a day accomplishes nothing.

HRC herself and on her own will win young voters across the country's electoral demographic. In a country of 330 million people and an equally diverse and varied electorate of 160 million registered voters, the key is and always has been to assemble a winning coalition. The Republicans have never accepted or comprehended the fact, which is why they've put themselves off the deep end at this critical point of the country's history and future course and direction. RIP to the Wasp and geographically regional GOP.

Elections of Potus the past 50 years have been decided in the suburbs from coast to coast and border to border. In past elections of recency the shorthand has been of the soccer moms, the Nascar voters etc etc. That's been of course a simplification at best, but it does give a good sense of where we are and what is occurring.

This year it is a plain and simple matter of looking at the suburban married Republican woman demographic. These high participation voters find Trump repulsive and Cruz crude. We can forget John Kasich because he instantly and decisively launches the kamikaze impulses and instinct of the large R minority of whackjob right wingers.

While suburban Republican married women went for McCain and for Romney, this year they are for HRC by double digits. In 1964 they voted en masse for LBJ over Barry Goldwater.

Game over.

Tilt.

Just watched Trump family Town Hall in New York

Came across really well, of course he did not say much.. Most of talking done by his family

It was more human interest 'get to know' piece than issue based but I think that is what he needs to contradict the 'hitler' comments

Think he does better in the Town hall formats, as he did have previous one and came a cross well in that one as well

Although in debate format, when he feels he is being attacked.. He just lets rip and doesn't come off as well.

I see Trump has put his foot in it again when asked to quote his favorite verse he quoted Exodus 21:24 An Eye for an Eye which is the one verse that Jesus asked his followers not to follow anymore in his Sermon on the Mount. Always great listening to these so called Christians putting their feet into it. Very much like Ted Cruz wanting to carpet bomb people.

Trump has fulfilled his role in the pantomime thus far.

He will never get the presidency because if he wins the Republican nomination and Hilary the Democrats then it will be a landslide to Hilary

The guy would be an embarrassment as a president. Obama gives great speeches and then you have this semi literate migrant who thinks because he has money and that it is enough,

Well it isn't and the buffoon will never be president. Trump will however become for ever famous for this election and will be remembered years later.