World considers a Trump presidency, and many shudder

webfact

Trump is an idiot , I can imagine all the baboon he will be when he gets his ultimate sandpit toy ....

His weakness is ego and woman and that's going to be some tricky times for his secret service agents managing that if he gets elected ....

If he visits Thailand , I do hope he will be brace himself enough to try something different smile.png go ask for a date with poydtreechada ...have a look at her Instagram pics

My missus showed them to me the other day and that's stunning beauty tongue.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1461540866.674850.jpg

"His weakness is ego and woman and that's going to be some tricky times for his secret service agents managing that if he gets elected ...."

The Secret Service had eight years experience handling the woman problem with Bill Clinton in the White House.

They have many years experience handling overly large egos, particularly the last 7+ years.

I'm quite sure they can take care of things.

Yes egos ...after 8 years taking care of Obama who's a cut nicer , you have a potential idiot here that is unwelcome in almost every country ....risks are there are pies waiting to get smashed in his face ....

I hope he has built enough trump hotels where at least his ex employees have no choice but to host him ...don't see any in Asia though

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump is an idiot , I can imagine all the baboon he will be when he gets his ultimate sandpit toy ....

His weakness is ego and woman and that's going to be some tricky times for his secret service agents managing that if he gets elected ....

If he visits Thailand , I do hope he will be brace himself enough to try something different smile.png go ask for a date with poydtreechada ...have a look at her Instagram pics

"His weakness is ego and woman and that's going to be some tricky times for his secret service agents managing that if he gets elected ...."

The Secret Service had eight years experience handling the woman problem with Bill Clinton in the White House.

They have many years experience handling overly large egos, particularly the last 7+ years.

Yes egos ...after 8 years taking care of Obama who's a cut nicer , you have a potential idiot here that is unwelcome in almost every country ....risks are there are pies waiting to get smashed in his face ....

I hope he has built enough trump hotels where at least his ex employees have no choice but to host him ...don't see any in Asia though

I hear tell he's negotiating to build one on that newly created island in the SCS.

Scott it looks like JDGreuen was right, it has become a food fight!

Las Vegas odds are pretty one-sided today in almost every respect.

To be elected Potus

HRC has new odds of 3-10 or the probability percentage of 76.7% (plus 7% from April 8th) (Barack Obama went into election day 2012 at 1-5 or 83%)

Donald Trump has odds of 4-1 or the probability percentage of 20% (plus 5% from April 8th)

Ted Cruz has odds of 14-1 or the percentage of 6.6%

Bernie has odds of 16-1 or the percentage of 5.8%

John Kasich has odds of 25-1 or 3.8%

To be the D party nominee

HRC has new odds of 1-33 or the probability percentage of 97%

Bernie is at 12-1

To be the R party nominee

Donald Trump has odds of 2-5 or the probability percentage of 71.4% (plus 19% from April 8th)

Ted Cruz has odds of 5-2 or the percentage of 28.5% (minus 8% from April 8th)

K has odds of 12-1 or 7.6%

Winning Party on November 8th no candidate names

Democratic Party has odds of 1-3 or the probability of 75%

Republican Party has odds of 9-4 or the probability of 30.7%

Independent has odds of 50-1 (1.9%)

There's a long way to go yet and the conventions will mold the election from the end of July forward. Odds (probability) are a futures market that factors in all considerations to include the weather (the tiny probability of lightning striking). Odds taken with scientific polls and one's sense and analysis help to get a handle on where things seem to be going.

The only notable shifting of the odds has occurred in the R contest for the nomination, focused almost entirely on the probability of Trump succeeding. The odds now have Trump as the decidedly odds-on favorite. In the other contests, for Potus, D party nomination, winning party, the odds have remained consistent and have only widened.

Your "odds" are of course by a small ( infinitesimal ) number of the actual voters.

If HRC is the Dem. candidate, I expect many to come out simply to stop her becoming president ( it's personal ). All those GOP voters that don't like Trump may change their mind if she is likely to benefit. I guarantee the only thing an antiTrumpist hates more than Trump is HRC.

Las Vegas odds are pretty one-sided today in almost every respect.

To be elected Potus

HRC has new odds of 3-10 or the probability percentage of 76.7% (plus 7% from April 8th) (Barack Obama went into election day 2012 at 1-5 or 83%)

Donald Trump has odds of 4-1 or the probability percentage of 20% (plus 5% from April 8th)

Ted Cruz has odds of 14-1 or the percentage of 6.6%

Bernie has odds of 16-1 or the percentage of 5.8%

John Kasich has odds of 25-1 or 3.8%

To be the D party nominee

HRC has new odds of 1-33 or the probability percentage of 97%

Bernie is at 12-1

To be the R party nominee

Donald Trump has odds of 2-5 or the probability percentage of 71.4% (plus 19% from April 8th)

Ted Cruz has odds of 5-2 or the percentage of 28.5% (minus 8% from April 8th)

K has odds of 12-1 or 7.6%

Winning Party on November 8th no candidate names

Democratic Party has odds of 1-3 or the probability of 75%

Republican Party has odds of 9-4 or the probability of 30.7%

Independent has odds of 50-1 (1.9%)

There's a long way to go yet and the conventions will mold the election from the end of July forward. Odds (probability) are a futures market that factors in all considerations to include the weather (the tiny probability of lightning striking). Odds taken with scientific polls and one's sense and analysis help to get a handle on where things seem to be going.

The only notable shifting of the odds has occurred in the R contest for the nomination, focused almost entirely on the probability of Trump succeeding. The odds now have Trump as the decidedly odds-on favorite. In the other contests, for Potus, D party nomination, winning party, the odds have remained consistent and have only widened.

Your "odds" are of course by a small ( infinitesimal ) number of the actual voters.

If HRC is the Dem. candidate, I expect many to come out simply to stop her becoming president ( it's personal ). All those GOP voters that don't like Trump may change their mind if she is likely to benefit. I guarantee the only thing an antiTrumpist hates more than Trump is HRC.

It's always a bad idea to project your feelings onto the electorate.

And then there's also the fact of increasing Hispanic voter registration and an increasing tilt among them towards Democrats. And reportedly, the possible candidacy of Trump has been a huge motivator in getting American citizen Hispanics to register to vote and Hispanics with green cards to become citizens and register to vote.

Here's the results of a recent poll: http://thehill.com/latino/277207-trump-effect-motivating-latinos-to-vote

According to it, Hispanics are much more excited about voting in 2016 than in 2012. And the number one motivator: Donald Trump. 48 percent say they're more motivated by the opportunity to vote against Trump. 16 percent give credit to the opportunity to vote for Hillary Clinton. 13 percent to Sanders. GO TRUMP!

There are lots more polls of Hispanic Americans out there and none that I found offer good news to the Trump camp.

I would not shudder over a Trump presidency any more than I would Bernie or Hillary. You see, it doesn't really matter who is in office. Politicians are merely minions to their masters.

There are 3 political parties. 2 you can vote for, and one you cannot vote for, that runs the show. They are 1) Republicans 2) Democrats 3) Capitalists

I think if Clinton wins the money changers know it will be business as usual. So no need to get excited. However, if Trump wins he will be seen as a loose cannon and he will have to be taken to the little room in the White House on the first day with a small, pull down movie screen and 16mm projector and shown the Zapruder film. Then one of the minions will say "Any questions?"

Here is something to think about when it comes to how the world works:

http://michael-hudson.com/2016/04/laundering-havens-for-war-budgets/

Just to back up the above claim one only needs to read articles like this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-07-02/hsbc-judge-approves-1-9b-drug-money-laundering-accord

You see, it really does not matter who wins. The objective of the ruling class is to protect themselves. They own the most powerful economy in the world and, along with that, the most powerful military. In that, they must protect the US dollar, the system of payments, the World Bank and IMF, etc etc.

If this financial behavior were to stop now, I would assume the US dollar would be in for a big struggle.

• 4 weeks later...

As an american who has not lived in the U.S. in 30 years I am neither for or against Trump. Past events have shown individuals with no real experience coming into office and doing a good job , to varying degrees....i.e.Reagan,Ventura,and Arnie. People can surprise us by actually doing their best.Also remember our laws are written mostly by the assistants to politicians who are elected to Congress with no business sense and spend the majority of their time raising funds for their re-election(as per their own admissions numerous times) We have suffered through such men as G. Bush/D. Chaney......(shown to misrepresent-by their own followers but never prosecuted).....No one really knows how Trump would stack up against the "establishment" . Remember as President if he can't get Congress behind him he is screwed. With the Republicans and Democrats not liking him he just might be the one of the few Presidents that the entire Congress can agree on to be against. But if Hillary is elected the odds are that "NOTHING" will change and it will be politics as usual. At least with Trump it might be interesting to watch....

Actually, when it comes to monetary policy, Trump seems to have a far better grasp of it than other Republicans.

".....than other Republicans."

That's not much of a compliment. Republicans in general often show how out-to-lunch and self-contradictory they are about money issues. Trump himself has gone through 4 bankruptcies. He knows all about how to dazzle money lenders, and then later, how to avoid paying back borrowed money. Sounds like a great talent for running the US economy (not).

Whatever the deficit is when Obama leaves office, Trump would quintuple it, and much of Trump's suggested spending would be for useless money drains like his WALL, and maybe some other losing propositions, like Reagan's Star Wars.

Actually, when it comes to monetary policy, Trump seems to have a far better grasp of it than other Republicans.

That's not much of a compliment. Republicans in general often show how out-to-lunch and self-contradictory they are about money issues. Trump himself has gone through 4 bankruptcies. He knows all about how to dazzle money lenders, and then later, how to avoid paying back borrowed money. Sounds like a great talent for running the US economy (not).

Whatever the deficit is when Obama leaves office, Trump would quintuple it, and much of Trump's suggested spending would be for useless money drains like his WALL, and maybe some other losing propositions, like Reagan's Star Wars.

" Whatever the deficit is when Obama leaves office, Trump would quintuple it,..."

There you go again, making silly statements that aren't even within the bounds of reason. Obama will leave office with an estimated deficit of some

$474 Billion for 2016. Now you are making the ridiculous assertion that Trump will raise the deficit to $2.37 Trillion?

Did you forget who controls the purse strings of the federal government?

Then you continue with this...

"much of Trump's suggested spending would be for useless money drains like his WALL, and maybe some other losing propositions, like Reagan's Star Wars."

I do believe you have posted on this forum that Trump's wall will cost some $30 Billion to build, which I doubt. However, assuming your numbers are within several billions of being accurate, permit me to point out the obvious.

The amount request by the Obama administration for expenditures during FY 2016 totaled $3.999 Trillion, which comes out to our government spending $10,945,164,380 per day, or $456,506, 849 per hour.

Trump's wall will cost the equivalent of government spending for 2 days and 18 hours.

Make it up with a $3.00 charge on each and every money transfer and give the citizens of our states bordering Mexico some relief.

So what if it takes ten years to recoup the money. The wall will be built.

There are two reasons why the wall won't be built.

#1. Trump won't get elected to top spot.

#2. For several reasons it's a dumbass idea. Even his supporters are starting to realize that. It's for that reason that a number of Trump apologists are now saying it was 'a suggestion' not an ironclad proposal. However, every one of the hundreds of times Trump has mentioned it (including how it's going to be 10' higher ...to 30', and how Mexico will pay for it) he has made it crystal clear it's a promise. The words 'promise' and 'suggestion' are different. Look 'em up.

Like so many other things he's flipped about, he will flip (or flop) on the wall also.

"He knows all about how to dazzle money lenders, and then later, how to avoid paying back borrowed money."

If what you say is true then he would be a perfect fit to the current climate. The whole world's economies seem to be based on borrowing with the intention of never paying back.You cannot build nations on debt and consumption, that's why there will be a reckoning sooner than later whether it's Trump or Clinton as President.

There are two reasons why the wall won't be built.

#1. Trump won't get elected to top spot.

#2. For several reasons it's a dumbass idea. Even his supporters are starting to realize that. It's for that reason that a number of Trump apologists are now saying it was 'a suggestion' not an ironclad proposal. However, every one of the hundreds of times Trump has mentioned it (including how it's going to be 10' higher ...to 30', and how Mexico will pay for it) he has made it crystal clear it's a promise. The words 'promise' and 'suggestion' are different. Look 'em up.

Like so many other things he's flipped about, he will flip (or flop) on the wall also.

Look at he positive side, if Trump need to buy flip flops, he only need a flip, because he is a flop.

For all those hoping and praying for a Hilary indictment, that now looks increasingly unlikely. The best Trump can hope for is that the investigation goes on longer keeping the issue alive. Meanwhile, as Obama arrives in Japan today, and with his meeting with the G7 leaders (the best friends of the US), there is great angst among all the leaders as has been widely reported concerning whether Trump could possibly be elected. Obama has been reassuring them that he will not be, but will have to temper that claim now with recent poll results.

Trump is the last person the closest allies of the US want to see elected.

Legal experts have said it appears unlikely Clinton would be charged with committing a crime. The relatively few U.S. laws that govern the handling of classified materials were generally written to cover spies and leakers. Lawyers who specialize in national security say it would be a stretch to apply these statutes to a former cabinet secretary whose communication of sensitive materials was with aides — not a national enemy.

The Justice Department also does not appear to have convened a grand jury to examine Clinton's email use, a likely step if prosecutors were weighing felony criminal charges.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/clinton-email-probe-winding-down-142039462.html

For all those hoping and praying for a Hilary indictment, that now looks increasingly unlikely. The best Trump can hope for is that the investigation goes on longer keeping the issue alive. Meanwhile, as Obama arrives in Japan today, and with his meeting with the G7 leaders (the best friends of the US), there is great angst among all the leaders as has been widely reported concerning whether Trump could possibly be elected. Obama has been reassuring them that he will not be, but will have to temper that claim now with recent poll results.

Legal experts have said it appears unlikely Clinton would be charged with committing a crime. The relatively few U.S. laws that govern the handling of classified materials were generally written to cover spies and leakers. Lawyers who specialize in national security say it would be a stretch to apply these statutes to a former cabinet secretary whose communication of sensitive materials was with aides — not a national enemy.

The Justice Department also does not appear to have convened a grand jury to examine Clinton's email use, a likely step if prosecutors were weighing felony criminal charges.

I'll bet that you are right there, that the Euro leaders are not desiring a Trump victory. If he wins, they know they won't be getting a free ride on the back of US military power anymore. Given that they have been totally incompetent in running their own economies, the last thing they want is to have to give up the readies to fund their own forces.

it appears unlikely Clinton would be charged with committing a crime.

Virtually inconceivable from the outset. It's but another vast right wing conspicuously this time from the superpatriot and Republican hard core rightwingers in the spook business who brought in some flatfoots from the bowels of the FBI building.

As for CCP Dictators in Beijing, the only American with fewer brain cells than the Boyz would be Trump. All the same, it would be an epic contest of half wits for one to go at the other. Dim bulbs all around on this one even with nuclear power.

CCP actually hates Hillary Clinton even more than the lunatic rightwhinge fringe do. While the Boyz know HRC tolerates CCP while she works to undermine 'em, the rightwhinge back home despise HRC for the single reason Clintons win elections of Potus. The fact makes all the difference in the world to the wingnuts. The right knows it has to stop HRC somehow cause when a Clinton is on the ballot in a given November the rightwhinge is sunk. Hence the lunatic right and other Republicans welcome the scorched earth rampaging of the barbarian Trump.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Why China may cheer a Trump presidency and dread a Clinton one

"Hillary, she's a fairly tough personality and knows what she thinks. China finds it hard to deal with lawyers."

"A lawyer's instinct is to set up rules. And she does have a tendency to not accept the argument that China is a special case which needs to be treated differently from other countries."

As President Barack Obama's Secretary of State, she's been the face of his pivot to Asia -- a policy that in China has been perceived as one of containment.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/05/politics/china-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

Contain 'em then collapse 'em. It's a formula that is tried and true witness the defunct USSR/CCCP. CCP are a young and nervous dynasty in their business suits, tugging their tie complaining they don't get no respect. wink.png

^Your most colorful illustration to date of Chinese leaders as Rodney Dangerfield. thumbsup.gif I don't agree with your vehement hatred of the CCP, and believe it clouds reason, but I do appreciate good humor and do agree with a good portion of your analysis on them.

Honestly, Trump is more dangerous for the CCP than Clinton. Clinton is a known quantity. Trump is an uninformed wild man wildcard.

Still hung up on Trump? OMG it's not about Trump, it's about people wanting change because of a disenchantment with the establishment. It shows just how bad things have become that Trump is even there at all....you still don't understand this and you want to characterize him again and again? Have a think about why he is there in the first place and consider it, then we might have some worthwhile articulation

Still hung up on Trump? OMG it's not about Trump, it's about people wanting change because of a disenchantment with the establishment. It shows just how bad things have become that Trump is even there at all....you still don't understand this and you want to characterize him again and again? Have a think about why he is there in the first place and consider it, then we might have some worthwhile articulation

Think about what change Trump will bring, then you will understand.

Think about what the US is becoming if there is no change, then you might understand

Of course, let's all vote Trump so there will be change. Didn't really think that through did you

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/22/on-this-issue-donald-trump-knows-a-lot-more-than-other-republicans-sad/

Oh yes, because welching on international debt obligations won't bring down the global economy, will it?

whistling.gif

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/22/on-this-issue-donald-trump-knows-a-lot-more-than-other-republicans-sad/

Oh yes, because welching on international debt obligations won't bring down the global economy, will it?

whistling.gif

and you know he will do that because......................................? He isn't yet and has never been a politician, so how can anyone say what he will do if POTUS? HRC on the other hand is well known as a politician, especially to Trump who has bought her in the past. He probably bought most of that sorry collection of seat warmers already.

OMG it's not about Trump

Trump or Clinton will be the 45th Potus. The people are not the people who have their finger on the red button, Potus does that (with the SecDef and SecState whomever each may be by appointment of Donald Trump).

So the far out wingnut right cannot dress Trump as Uncle Sam and say "it's about people wanting change." Not for any reason, basis, purpose. Trump is a wolf in a wolf's full regalia with a squirrel on top besides.

In so far as Trump's fans are concerned, it is about hard core racial rightwhingenuts who are thrilled and jubilant they finally have their nutcase guy seizing the nomination of one of the two major political parties. Other support comes from partisan Republicans who predictably despise and detest the alternative in the opposite political party so they'll vote lunar this year.

It is prima facie that Trump is a racist misogynist philistine ignoramus barbarian. We've had nine months to see Trump give birth to his political existence which he himself has self-defined as being of the jackal.

Trump willfully and with mortifying intemperance wants nuclear weapons in Japan, South Korea and elsewhere. Domestically Trump ignores the Bill of Rights completely and with an unprecedented disdain. Trump is the uniquely American Mussolini and his fans cannot deny the fact nor do they object to the fact. His fans do in fact love it.

If everything you describe Comrade P is right ...it's an irony from free democracy the electoral will put such a candidate for consideration for such an important job

Clearly there is something wrong in the selection process where people who are sane and logical cannot see him as president and yet he is allowed this far in the process

Archived