Real train arrival time Hualamphong

cheeryble

Hi

been a long time since been on this train.

We are taking the 1800 sleeper train on Friday evening.

The official arrival is very early

Can anyone advise us of the real likely arrival time?

THanks

Edited by cheeryble

Astonished to hear the train might arrive on time.

When I used to take it years ago I could swear it arrived about half past eight a good couple of hours behind time.

TO be clear I PREFER a late arrival as it's inconvenient to arrive at our lodging so early.

If you want the train to be late, but end up early, buy an MRT ticket to the next station and travel up to Mo Chit and back several times until your desired time of arrival.

Same, same, but different, you see.

Last time and only time I did this trip it was 3 hours late. Wasnt impressed in what I thought would be a nice journey. Cabin next to the WC sounded to be very convienent....until the smell crept under the wall.

At least you could get a beer back then. Very slim to no pickings now.....how sad is that?

Last time and only time I did this trip it was 3 hours late. Wasnt impressed in what I thought would be a nice journey. Cabin next to the WC sounded to be very convienent....until the smell crept under the wall.

LOL, rookie mistake. wink.png Not just smell actually but also the noise from the door. Always go for the middle.

Astonished to hear the train might arrive on time.

When I used to take it years ago I could swear it arrived about half past eight a good couple of hours behind time.

TO be clear I PREFER a late arrival as it's inconvenient to arrive at our lodging so early.

Right, not to mention that you get better views once the scenery gets nice when you get to the hilly parts in the North. So that's a reason to always go for the later departure, af 7:30pm from Bangkok, instead of the 6pm one. Plus you arrive a bit later which may be more convenient.

As for arrival times, they're pretty accurate now. I think they updated the schedule to match the actual times.

Bring portable, battery operated personal fans.

Why? The sleeper train has air con.

For the 2 hours walking the streets of Bangkok!

At 7 in the morning? It's not even that hot yet then.

I don't think they're planning to just wander the streets, anyway.

Should have said......

Took that train last Friday night think it was supposed arrival 06.45 real arrival about 07.15 or so oh for the days of 8.30 late arrival.

Toilets much cleaner than I remember a few years ago generally it was a pleasant trip excellent chap in charge of our carriage.

EVERYONE an were talking about young people, went to bed early all curtains shut by 9 or so I was the only one awake I reckon to watch Billions on my laptop then a little read of Father Brown.

Got woken at 6......much too early for me but all in all not a bad trip.

Edited by cheeryble