Leave me out of the mashed potato war

spago

I'm franco spago owner, i been open for over 6 years and never had the need of posting on thaivisa , in a battle of potato i was mentioned by someone as been happy if no foreign will come to my shop that is something i need to correct. In all this year i had many foreign costumers most of them very nice people and with some we are friend. Since we are in thailand it is quite logical that most of my costumers are thai since im not running a farang bar .

Saying that i will add that they are in ubon quite a few foreign winch im glad they stay clear of my restaurant that of course is a mutual feeling since a never see them in my shop but i still say hello and have a chat with them when i see them outside or in a bar.

Since Im here a suggestion DELETED people know where you are ubon it is a small place if they like they come to your shop you don't need to go over the top with marketing.

for the record we do mashed potato on request and yes we use fresh potato .

small thing start big war

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

I'm franco spago owner, i been open for over 6 years and never had the need of posting on thaivisa , in a battle of potato i was mentioned by someone as been happy if no foreign will come to my shop that is something i need to correct. In all this year i had many foreign costumers most of them very nice people and with some we are friend. Since we are in thailand it is quite logical that most of my costumers are thai since im not running a farang bar .

Saying that i will add that they are in ubon quite a few foreign winch im glad they stay clear of my restaurant that of course is a mutual feeling since a never see them in my shop but i still say hello and have a chat with them when i see them outside or in a bar.

Since Im here a suggestion DELETED ubon it is a small place if they like they come to your shop you don't need to go over the top with marketing.

for the record we do mashed potato on request and yes we use fresh potato .

small thing start big war

Thank you Franco for you're words of Wisdom. We run our businesses very different and I am very very happy with the way ours is going. But thank you for the advise.

With regards to "Wars" immature individuals start Wars. Mature people finish them. Whatever I am, I actually don't really care as I'm enjoying myself and you only live once after all.....So I am enjoying every moment of it.......?

franco spago owner, ???????????

Spago is a fine restaurant in Ubon and Franco is the owner.

It's not rocket science, Lamkyong.

Hope all the sillyness can now stop as it makes the Isaan forum boring, uninteresting and more importantly, not funny IMHO.

Spago is a fine restaurant in Ubon and Franco is the owner.

It's not rocket science, Lamkyong.

oh so sorry my post was a genuine info request but unlike yourself may of us are not UBON savvy now if it was mentioned in the Michelin guide i could have looked it up but mean time wind you neck in

HP sauce.............giggle.gif

Heinz salad cream.

Great replies to a real sincere post, coming from the guy who's got the best Italian restaurant in lower northeast.( IMHO)

I always enjoy my visits, as does my wife and son and we even drive to Ubon just to have a pizza/pasta from time to time.

But let me guess, Franco might have the wrong nationality. Foreigners are the biggest enemies of foreigners and it will never change.

Edited by lostinisaan

Franco is a long term restaurant owner, has worked hard to achieve his success. He has never spoken a bad word about anyone in Ubon (even the known idiots). Might be a small city as such, more like a big country town with the normal Thai communication lines. Over 4000 foreigners registered with immigration and they all have Thai attachments with big extended families.DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

Couldn't agree more Mister T! I haven't known Franco long, but he sure seems like a stand up guy. And Spagos is excellent. Very unfortunate and disappointing another restaurant owner in town would bring him into all this silliness.

It's a real shame to see a new addition to the Ubon business scene bring such deceit and nastiness with him. Wish he would have left that in whatever town he came from last. No room for that here in Ubon!

I fundamentally agree. He has a great product and easily the best in the City. When we ate at his establishment the food, Wine and service was second to none.

I don't think you could actually class anyone as being nasty. I think we just speak our minds. Being in Business for over 15 years in the UK and Europe gets you that way I'm afraid.

That is a very nice gesture towards Franco and Spagos, katareya2006.

However, in regards to the second part, I was in business for several decades and never found myself spamming others, writing false reviews of my business, "borrowing" someone elses logo and photos, or making false claims about my company. I guess we are all free to live our business and personal lives however we see fit. And others are free to choose if that's the type of person / company they would like to support, or not.

Asiannomad. Without being disrespectful. I have never borrowed someone else's logo. One of my Graphic Designers designed it in conjunction with Wan. Regarding the Photo's we use the best possible photo's available to us at the time. However, our Thai Food is regarded by many of our Customers as "some of the best in Ubon". Some people have even said its the best in Ubon for real Thai Food. So I suggest the proof is in the pudding as they say.

As I said earlier. I really don't care who comes to us. You have lovers and haters in every business and although everyone is welcome I don't really care who wants to support the business or not. It's completely self funded and we will be there for a long time to come. We actually have an expansion plan which we will be rolling out soon in other area's of Thailand and our aim is to have 20 Resturaunts throughout Thailand by 2020......So the future looks bright for us and I hope yours does too.

Regarding the Photo's we use the best possible photo's available to us at the time.

Which includes photos of food from a restaurant located just around the corner from you.

Edited by MeMock

Regarding the Photo's we use the best possible photo's available to us at the time.

Which includes photos of food from a restaurant located just around the corner from you.

And a photo of a pool table from another bar further into town, unless I'm mistaken

DELETED could I please publiclly state that I am NOT the Owner or Part Owner of TC Lakeside Bar Restaurant in Ubon.

Lance and Tom are the Owners and do a wonderful job.

I presume that's why the thread was lifted.

Myself, I'm a lonely keyboard warrior who sits in the village all day annoying people ... DELETED.

For those of you that know me and can verify that I'm not Lance or Tom could you tick the "Like This" Box for me.

I'm i the UK for a couple of days and then onto US for a two month stint; look forward to seeing you when I get back

Thanks Guys

Chris the P*****t

Edited by seedy
off topic

Hi Transam,

Thai. It was a Student Bar before. Wan spent some money on it giving it a lick of paint etc etc and their we go.

The Ferang community in Ubon that interacts with local businesses regularly is very small. Anyone would not be in their right minds running a business solely based on attracting Farang's in Ubon. You are in Thailand so attract Thai's. Any Farang's on top of that is a Bonus to be honest.