PM Prayut calls on media to report constructive news

webfact

false equivalency.

The censorship of the press under this regime is orders of magnitude beyond the attempted control of any past civilian government.

WRONG........please be aware of the newspaper Thai Rak Thai---near only paper run and edited for Thaksin benefit, OMG you boys do not have a memory, and while your at it check on the TV that was controlled by Thaksin. do you understand why his name keeps cropping up ?? because you are not willing to compare only to slag this PM.

yeah, right...

check ANY objective observer of censorship in Thailand and you will find that I am 100% right.

And I didn't even mention the other human rights abuses under this regime.

You are in Lalaland, but that is the same as ever....

Failed again to acknowledge My post--re the last regime------usual reply agenda reply-----3000 drug persons bumped off-----the last regime leader.???---- only this PM according to you is wrong.

"The PM said on Wednesday that the government did not censor news reporting."

Hmm, if the news is being censored no one could report that this statement is incorrect.

Now that for the uniniated is a beautiful example of catch 22.

I'm guessing yelling at, threatening and AA sessions for journalists who report in an unhappy manner does not count as censorship in the current govt's dictionary...

Ginjag, with respect, this thread is about the here and now, not what happened in 2008. 'But, but the war on drugs' simply is not relevant.

I'd say in the larger picture it is relevant as it highlights that there is a recent history of censorship by omission that continues to this day.

Edited by Bluespunk

Ok OK I understand that the PM wants constructive news OK here it is

I built a fence today Hows that

constructive

No, that would not be the best way to be reported in the media.

"Foreigner arrested for building fence without work permit" attracts more audience, while still being constructive.

Edited by lkv

When I think of national news in Europe or North America, the commentaries & political articles in newspapers, cable-TV or on the Internet can be very "unfair" & " unbalanced" -- full of questions & criticism. Yet, Westerners (most) have been raised to accept freedom of speech & thought without going ballistic over an opinion we may disagree with. And in the long run this openness to ask questions & to self-evaluate makes for a better country. When one is afraid to say anything & pretend every thing is perfect will block change.

Ginjag, with respect, this thread is about the here and now, not what happened in 2008. 'But, but the war on drugs' simply is not relevant.

All threads should be answered in fairness, the constant slagging off of the PM is the norm with a few of you guys.

with respect most of you defend anything related to the past government and are always near guilty of what you accuse me of-----the only way I can see the if things are progressing is to see how it was before now---UNDERSTAND--we learn from the past regime.

No one can tell me it is more bad now than in the past as far as gagging the media--human rights-now you can understand why things have to compared to give a person a view.

Your answer is a gagging of me because your not interested in past matters that are not in your agenda. Don't you think the majority of TVF members are not aware of you and your PM haters tactics.-----------I take no sides----but will support change.

All threads should be answered in fairness, the constant slagging off of the PM is the norm with a few of you guys.

with respect most of you defend anything related to the past government and are always near guilty of what you accuse me of-----the only way I can see the if things are progressing is to see how it was before now---UNDERSTAND--we learn from the past regime.

No one can tell me it is more bad now than in the past as far as gagging the media--human rights-now you can understand why things have to compared to give a person a view.

Your answer is a gagging of me because your not interested in past matters that are not in your agenda. Don't you think the majority of TVF members are not aware of you and your PM haters tactics.-----------I take no sides----but will support change.

"I take no sides".

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

false equivalency.

The censorship of the press under this regime is orders of magnitude beyond the attempted control of any past civilian government.

WRONG........please be aware of the newspaper Thai Rak Thai---near only paper run and edited for Thaksin benefit, OMG you boys do not have a memory, and while your at it check on the TV that was controlled by Thaksin. do you understand why his name keeps cropping up ?? because you are not willing to compare only to slag this PM.

yeah, right...

check ANY objective observer of censorship in Thailand and you will find that I am 100% right.

And I didn't even mention the other human rights abuses under this regime.

You are in Lalaland, but that is the same as ever....

Failed again to acknowledge My post--re the last regime------usual reply agenda reply-----3000 drug persons bumped off-----the last regime leader.???---- only this PM according to you is wrong.

hey guy, WOD was 2003, right? tell me what that has to do with media censorship under this military regime.

Get with it buddy. There is NO comparison between the media freedom under any previous civilian government and this military regime.

And according to me, this "PM" is not a "PM", he is a usurper of the people's sovereignty. That makes him illegitimate and a thief.

As for your nonsense about press freedom, here is one of hundreds of examples....

16796643904_df4696ed5a_z.jpg