Random Orbit Sander

chiangrai

I got a new Bosh random orbit sander a while back and some cheap sanding disks off Ebay.

I've only used it a few hours but the disks keep slipping off long before there worn.

Once they slip off once they won't stay on any more.

Does anybody recognize this problem.

Just because you bought cheap from ebay is irrelevent; imho.

I think pretty much all random orbitals use hook and loop pads.

just have a look on the underside of your sander (take the sanding disc off) and you may see the hundreds of tiny hooks that grip onto the velcro pad.

unfortunaltely they are often only plastic and over time they get hot, hard and brittle and eventual break off.

so there is nothing to hold your sanding discs on,

and thats why I think the sanding disc you bought on ebay is not the problem.

if you have a magnifying glass you may be able to see the broken hooks, but the solution is to go and change the pad. I cant imagine they are that expensive; a 5" or a 6" pad; and I guess they are universal so you could buy another brand if you dont want bosch.

usual suspects, but as a local to me; I can suggest the Toolmart, they have pretty much everything when it comes to quality tools such as Bosch/makita/.de walt

I will check the pad but it hasn't done much work at all.

It is not too difficult to overheat the hook pad if you have been pushing down on the sander. This will cause the hooks to melt or deform. If that's what has happened then you now know why it happened and how to avoid it in the future.

Some sanders are designed to be connected to a dust extractor, this cools the pad as well as extracting dust. They can overheat quite quickly if you don't bother to connect them to a dust extractor.

Seems like I pushed it too hard when I got it new.

I was leaning on it too much for the first few hours.

I bought it on eBay from Korea.It's a Bosch GEX-125-1AE random orbit sander.

I hope I can get another pad for it.

Any one know where.

The built in dust extraction was full of dust and I emptied it.

Maybe that will help.

• 1 month later...

I see Bosch Tools in Buriram in several stores. The DeWALT random orbit sander is a popular item at Ruangsangthai Hardware according to the owner Mr. Pichai. If a store has a dedicated Bosch PC, then that employee can order any Bosch product that is currently in Thailand. I see several sizes of Pads for Random Orbit sanders on display in Buriram.

post-20604-0-33595300-1460907492_thumb.j

post-20604-0-18045000-1460907510_thumb.j