How long would you wait for a date to arrive before leaving?

BookMan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes.

If there is no call or text explaining tardiness during that time, I am gone once the 31st minute strikes...

Do u send them a message to tell them u have gone?

If I'm left hanging more than 30 min I'm gone too....and no message if there not polite enough in the first place.

He made that up didnt he ...

People should account for time. People take these type of journeys all the time, they know how long it takes at each time. You know if you finish at office at 5:30pm how to get to Point A, B or C

Bangkok is not the only city with traffic. Also, not only boat and bus but BTS and MRT these days too, much easier to get around

It's not the lateness it's the not even bothering to acknowledge it when they do make it that would bother me more

You make some good points

There could be a case for the less interested they are, the later they will be

I've never been stood up by a Thai woman, and there's always been enough interest on both sides to meet, plus we both got there within 15 min of each other, I tend to be a little on the early side normally.

I think in most case you can pick up with what your dealing with if your spent a bit of time communicating with the woman in the first place....I mean there are signs in 95% of cases where it might go.

He made that up didnt he ...

People should account for time. People take these type of journeys all the time, they know how long it takes at each time. You know if you finish at office at 5:30pm how to get to Point A, B or C

Bangkok is not the only city with traffic. Also, not only boat and bus but BTS and MRT these days too, much easier to get around

It's not the lateness it's the not even bothering to acknowledge it when they do make it that would bother me more

You make some good points

There could be a case for the less interested they are, the later they will be

I've never been stood up by a Thai woman, and there's always been enough interest on both sides to meet, plus we both got there within 15 min of each other, I tend to be a little on the early side normally.

I think in most case you can pick up with what your dealing with if your spent a bit of time communicating with the woman in the first place....I mean there are signs in 95% of cases where it might go.

Communication is important, given time

I've had a lot of dates arranged within short time periods of talking to someone, often I'd rather meet face to face sooner than later and see if there is a spark

I think it depends on the situation, is she stuck in traffic, did she get held up at work, did she send a message. Those who just run late all the time show a lack of respect. They don't plan correctly. We all know it takes more than 15 minutes to get across Bangkok so leave at a time that will permit your arrival to be on time. Some Thai leave their home at the time you are to meet, this just shows what the future will be like.

Another question you may want to ask is how long should a girl wait if you are running late.