The autosave feature

notmyself

Autosave when posting. When I used to get a power cut (Samui) I could restart the PC when the power came back on and all I had written but not posted would be still available but for quite a few months it is not available. It is a website function and nothing to do with the computer being used other than it needs to be the same computer as it autosave's to the HD in the same way 'cookies' work. If you have never had to use this function then you would not know it even existed.

Autosave is a function in many computer applications or programs which saves an opened document automatically, helping to reduce the risk or impact of data loss in case of a crash or freeze. Autosaving is typically done either in predetermined intervals or before a complex editing task is begun.

It has traditionally been seen as a feature to protect documents in an application or system failure (crash), and autosave backups are often purged whenever the user finishes his or her work. An alternative paradigm is to have all changes saved continuously (as with pen and paper) and all versions of a document available for review. This would remove the need for saving documents entirely.[1] There are challenges to implementation at the file, application and operating system levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autosave

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009)

This mainstream now.

Archived