Thai army chief says crackdown on mafias will be indefinite

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he means "red shirts" and everyone who disagrees with the army junta. In reality, if he did crackdown on the "mafia" he would have to include the army and police in this as they are the only mafia here and which is institutionalised.

Two very ominous statements from the perspective of any future democratic elected Thai government:

- Army chief says [Army] crackdown on mafias will be indefinite

- The military has vowed to implement the government's policy of eliminating influential groups

This is a clear statement that regardless of any new government that follows the Prayut regime, the Thai military will operate outside of and independently of government - a law unto itself. Really, this is actually no different than how the military operates now. The military will decide who are influential groups that threaten Thai society as defined by the military.

Will the Army's judicial independence be prescribed in Meechai's draft constitution so any new government cannot override the military's operations? Or shall the military just ignore any new constitution as it has always done in the past? Afterall, the military might consider a new elected government as a dangerous influential group.

Where will he start, up high or down low on the mafia ladder? This announcement would have been a perfect opportunity to have an example of a mafioso sitting next to him in cuffs as actions speak louder than words.

....easy to say.....

..there is a case presently before the courts regarding tens if not hundreds of billions....and the staple of the Thai economy....

...a few illegal cars will not make that go away......

I want to see the list. Here's a way to start:

1. Royal Thai Police

2. Royal Thai Police

3. All Government Officials

4. All foreigners

5. TS

6 Pattaya Bridge Club

7 All dual price chargers...............................

8.Thai Airways

8.....................................................................................go on

Wow....

This guy sounds exactly like M.L.K. I HAVE A DREAM

We can only hope he ends up the same way, in a box six feet under! Praise the Lord! No doubt the locals will misspell it like the Negroes did back in the '60's " I have A Deram"

post-242885-0-73592700-1457531363_thumb.

Edited by menzies233

The funny part of this story is the fact they are expecting local authorities such as governors and mayors to help with the crackdown, the most effective way to tackle such organised crime is to start at the top and work down

It is the only way smedly. Fiddling around with the 'bottom feeders' will do sweet FA except create another vacancy for some enterprising person who is willing to pay his way.

Wow....

This guy sounds exactly like M.L.K. I HAVE A DREAM

We can only hope he ends up the same way, in a box six feet under! Praise the Lord! No doubt the locals will misspell it like the Negroes did back in the '60's " I have A Deram"

Yes, I once had a deram also but the wheels fell off and I had it replaced by a draem. Edited by Reigntax

I don't see why the army chief needs to announce a crackdown on mafias who say how long it will go on for. Mafias are, by definition, criminal organisations involved in a range of illegal enterprises and protecting their turf with illegal weapons, thus committing murders etc as well. It is the duty of all enforcement agencies to pursue mafias permanently until there are none left. There will be complaints that only Thaksinite mafias are targeted, which will probably be true, but, if they are criminals, they should still be hunted down and arrested whether they support Thaksin or anyone else. The argument I have seen that convicting Sorrayuth, the news reading thief, or other Thaksin supporters for corruption is unfair because there are corrupt non-Thakinites who have not been convicted is a totally specious argument because it doesn't make Sorrayuth and other Thaksinite thieves less guilty.

If Thaksin puts another nominee in power, or even comes back alive in person, he can go around arresting mafias that didn't vote for him and redress the balance but a criminal is a criminal and belongs in jail.

A pity though that they are unlikely to mop up the brown or green mafias this time around. Perhaps their time will come some day in the very distant future.

Good move. To make it much easier for yourself just round up all from the biggest mafias such as police, army, navy, border control and all former politicians regardless of colour.

...forgot the "rulers' of certain islands?

Oh they're cracking down are they?Will this be a retroactive crack down? Is that why they allowed the Mafia in Koa Tao to rigg a trial and convict two inocent migrant workers so that their sons can get away with murder?wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Isn't that what he is supposed to be doing all day every day anyway....?

If I were a refuse collector ... would I call a press conference to tell every one that that was what I was going to do... Indefinitely!

I.e. Collect refuse... After all it's what I'm paid to do...!

Or is he just admitting that actually it's not what he's been doing ... But now he'll give it a good go.... For a while....

Sack his arse... !