Heart broken Thai man attempts suicide from central Pattaya bridge

webfact

Heart broken Thai man attempts suicide from central Pattaya bridge
Kwaang Siripoom

post-137452-0-50191700-1457504063_thumb.

PATTAYA:-- A 34 year old man had to be rescued after attempting to jump from a bridge in central Pattaya.

At 9.30pm on Tuesday, Pattaya police received reports of a man trying to jump from a bridge on Sukhumvit Road.

Upon attending the scene police found Mr Suthee Chantakangwan, from Phitsanulok province, in a distressed state with tears streaming down his face.

Mr Suthee was standing precariously off the side of the 5 metre high bridge threatening to jump down onto the busy highway below.

After spending nearly 30 minutes talking with police, Mr Suthee still refused to come down off the bridge.

post-137452-0-13749400-1457504088_thumb.

It was at that point police decided to close the road below and ordered a buse to park under the bridge to try and prevent the man from falling onto the road.

Despite this, Mr Suthee was still threatening to jump.

During a conversation with police he told officers that he wanted to kill himself after his girlfriend of 8 years told him she wanted to end their relationship.

Mr Suthee was finally rescued when an officer quickly grabbed him from behind and pulled him to safety.

post-137452-0-95070400-1457504107_thumb.

He later reportedly told officers he works as a waiter in a Russian restaurant and had no idea why his girlfriend suddenly wanted to finish with him.

He said was in a confused state of mind and had parked his motorbike at a nearby gas station and in a split second thought he would climb up onto the bridge to end his life.

“I’m sorry to have caused a problem to officers and the traffic,” he added.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-09

there are easier ways to solve problems blink.png

A wise man once told me, there's one of three things that will get a man into trouble; The Cash, The Bash and The Gash.

Pretty much sums everything up imo.

Women, you can't live with them, you can't live with them!

Police Respond to Suicide Attempt on Pattaya Klaang

%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%

PATTAYA: -- Police responded to reports of a suicide attempt on Tuesday evening. A Thai man was stricken over his complicated love life.

At 9:30pm on March 8th, emergency officials rushed to an overpass located on Pattaya Klaang. A man named Khun Sutee was standing on the edge of the temporary structure. Many bystanders stopped to watch the scene unfold at the busy intersection.

Khun Sutee told responders that he was heartbroken over the actions of his girlfriend. They had been together for over eight years.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221980/police-respond-suicide-attempt-pattaya-klaang/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-09

Ohm Namah, A broken heart can be a bigger torture than someone thrusting their hands inside your chest and ripping the heart out. When someone gives you their heart they give a bigger gift than Gold or diamonds, it is the duty to take care of it. Time is a great medicine

Poor guy to get to this stage.

I hope we're not reading about a double murder next week in jomtien after he has found out his ex has a farang boyfriend. Like the AWOL army guy on walking Street a couple of months ago. So many lives ruined in these scenarios, for what.

Glad he didn't jump though, time heals.

He did not attempt suicide...he merely wanted attention and help...probably thinking that now his gf will see how much he loves her...

whiny little piss ant...

Agreed, I'd also hazard a guess that the real reasons for this nonsense were a combination of losing face and losing access to her income (the two main reasons for any ridiculous behavior in this country), possibly with the addition of alcohol, etc thrown into the mix.

He did not attempt suicide...he merely wanted attention and help...probably thinking that now his gf will see how much he loves her...

whiny little piss ant...

Agreed, I'd also hazard a guess that the real reasons for this nonsense were a combination of losing face and losing access to her income (the two main reasons for any ridiculous behavior in this country), possibly with the addition of alcohol, etc thrown into the mix.

,Quote: I'd also hazard a guess ??? It means you know nothing so put your Ego aside and admit you don't know

Quote: whiny little piss ant..Negative people keep the human race from progress, Judges everyone, instead of condemine those less fortunate, try being graceful and thankful your Karma is a bit better, UP TO NOW

whiny little piss ant...

,Quote: I'd also hazard a guess ??? It means you know nothing so put your Ego aside and admit you don't know

Quote: whiny little piss ant..Negative people keep the human race from progress, Judges everyone, instead of condemine those less fortunate, try being graceful and thankful your Karma is a bit better, UP TO NOW

I know that an ATTEMPT at anything involves TRYING to do it! This was NEITHER.

Also, if you were serious about topping yourself, why would you choose to jump off a bridge that isn't high enough to enable success, in probably the busiest part of town?

Attention seeking, simple, or the reasons I have already provided.

A girlfriend of 8 years wanted to break up with me I'd jump for joy.

Then you have never experienced true love! Youthful attachments are often infatuations and mistaken for love. Real love, which you might experience one day, is the most intense emotion you could ever know however on the down side, breakups or deaths can be devastating for those involved. I hope this young man is given appropriate counselling..

whiny little piss ant...

I know that an ATTEMPT at anything involves TRYING to do it! This was NEITHER.

Also, if you were serious about topping yourself, why would you choose to jump off a bridge that isn't high enough to enable success, in probably the busiest part of town?

Attention seeking, simple, or the reasons I have already provided.

The torment is in the mind and torment in the mind can be more devastating and painful than physical torture. wanting to die becomes a mental reality, something inside even stronger pulls people out. It is pure bull-shit, people who say suicides that fail are seeking attention. Nobody actually wants to die, would it not be nice if we were all the same, clones of psychopaths with no empathy and no compassion

Since he will not get any professional help in Thailand to solve his mental issues , I'm afraid this is just a delay , but he needs to stay strong to get through this.

Edited by balo

• 2 weeks later...