visa exemption warning at airport

After five years of tourist visas with one year total out of country.

Fourth visa exempt attempt in a row/ever. A total of 50 days out of country between.

Never in/out same day, never by land.

(They didn't check these facts. Still think they would make a difference.)

Don Mueang - Bangkok

Officer asked me how long I want to stay, which I answered with 'two months'. Officer said something like "you can't get an extension every time" and a moment later another officer came out of nowhere and asked me to step aside. He asked me what I do in Thailand. I told him I stay with my girlfriend and he said 'can not'. He informs me that I exceeded 180 days within one year timespan and need a visa next time.

Now I wonder what happens if I continue doing it. As far as I know there are no reports of denial of entry. Not trying to provoke, but it's just the best solution for me, since I want to be half to one month in Cambodia every two months. A year ago it was easy to get a visa there but requirements changed.

So are you saying you have had 4 visa exempt stamps in a row or did I misread your op.

Thinking your going to have serious trouble with future stamps. You will need to go back to setv. Or if back home obtain METV. You also said that you answered the io regards how long you wished to stay. Sounds like you entered without onward ticket. Can I ask which airline you flew with and from which country?

I flew in with airasia without onward ticket and got my fourth exemption in a row with a warning.

Previous visa were from three different neighbouring countries except five entries from home.

I'm surprised. I fly aa every week. Especially from some places they flick through my pp. Recently I asked why. She said the she was looking for my visa. Setv from hcmc for example require onward flight as do many places. Bali etc etc.

You managed to board flight with no visa and no onward flight. Try that again .....goodluck

Am i understanding correctly.

Op had tourists visas etc and then

Three visa exempt entries all extended for 30 days, which means the OP spent half a year on visa exempt and now he got the 4th visa exempt with a warning?

And what sort of warning? Verbal?

Edited by lkv

get a long term extension of stay with a re-entry permit,

4 visa exempt in a row, and you are complaining you might not get a 5th

Think you mean permission of stay. The longest is 12 months. The op did not indicate he qualifies for non o on any grounds. What visa are you thinking he should apply for in order to eventually obtain permission of stay.

You managed to board flight with no visa and no onward flight. Try that again .....goodluck

I don't need luck, just a smartphone and a credit card.

What the heck does that nonsense reply have relevance. I have a smart cell and cc as does everyone. Simple question I asked if AirAsia asked for onward flight within 30. And you serve up that rubbish. So your saying you checked in without onward flight. Answer yes, no problem. Don't give cryptic nonesense

• Like 2

I tend to understand the OP, he's pushing the boundaries a bit but you know what. Good for him. Seriously. As long as he is kind enough to come back here every 3 months and give us an update :)

What the OP is saying is that with a CC and a smartphone his potential problems can be solved, ie he goes on the air asia app and books the cheapest flight out right there in front of immigration if really needed. Its a 5 minute job.

Access to cash is also possible because of the CC.

It happened to me once, Malaysian airlines refused to check me in BKK KL and I went outside smoked a cigarette looked for the cheapest flight out which I believe was Penang Medan at the time (less than 20 USD) and went back inside.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Think you mean permission of stay. The longest is 12 months. The op did not indicate he qualifies for non o on any grounds. What visa are you thinking he should apply for in order to eventually obtain permission of stay.

he has permission to stay,

i suggested as he is chancing his arm, to apply for a 1 year long term extension. either over 50, or if too young, to get an elite visa. do you control tv now

Yea I mean it was up until now. Now it seems an unpaid visa is not "the correct visa".

Or is my logic incorrect in the sense that the more you pay the more correct it becomes?

The ideal of course is 500K. So how come it's then correct to stay as a long term tourist for 5 years with no employment allowed of course.

Can someone explain I am a little lost here :)

Edited by lkv

Oh solly. Just got the answer to my previous question.

It seems that it's a mechanism designed to create problems and hurdles that can be easily solved with money.

OP you should be ashamed of yourself for not using the correct visa. You are not an ethical person.

Lol.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

I don't need luck, just a smartphone and a credit card.

What the heck does that nonsense reply have relevance. I have a smart cell and cc as does everyone. Simple question I asked if AirAsia asked for onward flight within 30. And you serve up that rubbish. So your saying you checked in without onward flight. Answer yes, no problem. Don't give cryptic nonesense

I think what he is talking about is doing everything online, with only carry-on baggage, no need to speak to anyone. Not so cryptic really.

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/check-ins/web-and-mobile-web.page

He wasn't knocked back now was he?

I have never met one who has been other than a guy who quit Thailand as he was tired of being hassled and happy to spend his considerable monies in MNL.

Many are warned but if you go through all of the posts on the offshore workers (oil/gas) subforums supposedly one or two have been denied.

Edited by arunsakda

Nah, it's getting complicated here in BKK TH but MNL PH does not sound that great ( starts with P not T). Maybe HKG HK or SIN SG.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

They dont like all this visa exempt shit now. You cant do four in a row. i believe its 90 days in every year.

Where did you read that, just curious. Thaivisa mods saying it's 180 in a year at which point they get an 'alert' to ask for proof of funds etc.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883348-visa-exempt-question/#entry10264077

I do know guys that got pulled aside for less than 6 though, but they got let in. Seems hit and miss.

Yeah "the radar" is 180/360. Although as jspill said, they may pick on you for forgetting to brush your teeth.

180 equals 6 visa exempts (computer starts turning red) or apparently(not sure) 3 visa exempts plus 3 visa extensions. Or any combination that equals 180/360.

I think the OP was trying to find out the answer to the above maybe he thought 6 visa exempts translates into a year. I would have thought so as well. The extensions are not free.

Oh well...

Point is he got in.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

he has permission to stay,

i suggested as he is chancing his arm, to apply for a 1 year long term extension. either over 50, or if too young, to get an elite visa. do you control tv now

No I do not control TV. The op one would suggest is under 50 as firstly he did not suggest he was eligible for non o based on retirement. Also he has extensive history of tourist visas and stamps.

As for elite visa I'm sure he like most is aware of them and also the associated cost.

As for your comment...obtain long term permission of stay. I would hardly imagine a tv would be described that was. Even with non o he has 90 days in order to apply for 12 months. But as stated he would of done that if over 50.

Edited by jacksam