Drink Drive Limit

Hel123

Before I get criticised may I say I do not drink and drive !

Just out of curiosity wondered what the drink / drive limit is ?

Please forgive my lack of understanding in Thai driving laws etc., ie. my earlier post re 'Is it legal to use a mobile whilst driving'.

As I said I do not drink and drive and actually believe it should be zero tolerance - However, only having recently retired to Thailand I'm still finding everything very different - This forum is proving very helpful - Apologies if I am not yet accustomed to the forum etiquette......

Thanks,

H.

I drink as much as I want, and usually drive on the way to going out, wife is now an accomplished and willing driver, absolutely perfect, took me 70 yrs plus to get this situation sorted

Around us KhonKaen they are becoming much stricter and the traditional present does not work

It would be nice to see this enforced at all road blocks, day and night

Apologies if I am not yet accustomed to the forum etiquette......

You are doing well, you will get all the help you require here.

A lot of the driving rules are similar to the UK, but it does not make any difference, no

one bothers about them, the police never enforce them.

The only time you need to bother about the police is when they have organised stops

when the tea money is running low.

Amazing. It's lower than the limit for an American commercial airline pilot carrying hundreds of passangers which is 0.1. They've really run amuck with these lower and lower limits, but not just in Thailand of course.

Amazing. It's lower than the limit for an American commercial airline pilot carrying hundreds of passangers which is 0.1. They've really run amuck with these lower and lower limits, but not just in Thailand of course.

The UK pilots limit has just been reduced to 0.02.

I thought that in the US the FAA limit was set at 0.04.

There are two FAR’s that are important to know when it comes to drinking and flying. Most pilots are aware of the “8 hour” rule, that is, 8 hours from bottle to throttle, although many airlines have a more stringent 12 hour time limit. Most pilots do not know of the 0.04% FAR, which prohibits flying an aircraft with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.04% or higher.

Source

For the OP List of Country BAC limits

Limit should be 0.0 for operating any equipment. Driving, flying, riding. Countless studies show an impairment, yet people still do it. Same as cell phone use. Drink and drive - mandatory license loss for life. Cell phone use - minimum one year in jail. Anyone who does not subscribe to this ...

Be aware of the higher alcohol volume in some beers. After just 1 and half glass (8 oz glass) was told over the limit of '5' at a check point. Couldn't believe it.

The Police are being watched more now, though still need to be aware of the scammers.

Better not to drink drive.

Also, be aware of taxi and motorcycle taxi operators that may have been drinking, or taking 'wake up' pills whilst on duty.

Not all are that bad, though just saying.

Remember, if possible, check the alcohol volume of your drink.

"Thailand’s legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers is 0.5 grams per liter of blood, and 0.2 grams for drivers who have possessed their license for less than five years."

Edited by seedy
font

All I know is revenue from bars around the world will skyrocket when Google and its

competitors self driving cars are fully licensed and on the road being sold. whistling.gif

Limit should be 0.0 for operating any equipment. Driving, flying, riding. Countless studies show an impairment, yet people still do it. Same as cell phone use. Drink and drive - mandatory license loss for life. Cell phone use - minimum one year in jail. Anyone who does not subscribe to this ...

Impractical, unfortunately. I can recall years ago talking to some colleagues from a different department over a cup of coffee. One woman said that her boyfriend had been stopped and breathalysed by the Police (in Scotland) and even though he had not had a drink for several days, a small amount of alcohol in his system was detected.

Alan

Impractical, unfortunately. I can recall years ago talking to some colleagues from a different department over a cup of coffee. One woman said that her boyfriend had been stopped and breathalysed by the Police (in Scotland) and even though he had not had a drink for several days, a small amount of alcohol in his system was detected.

Alan

I'm guessing he had a LOT drink those several days before ;)

Alan

True. According to the link in Post #10, Thailand already is 0 for commercial drivers. Look how well that has turned out.

Yes, Brits just can't handle alcohol.

True. According to the link in Post #10, Thailand already is 0 for commercial drivers. Look how well that has turned out.

Take away some licenses for life. Send some people to jail. Post on TV News. You will see a change.

Take away some licenses for life. Send some people to jail. Post on TV News. You will see a change.

Perhaps you would if it ever happened.

In the meantime we see the result of bad drivers with power to avoid penalty.

Which equates a "50" on the display on the properly calibrated breathalyzer machine at most all traffic checks in LOS. Anything over that, even nitnoi over that and y'all are goin' to da big house.

PS. Always carry at least 10,000 baht in readies as a viable alternative.

I am regularly breathalysed on my way to my daughters school. The police take it very serious, gone are the days of drink driving in south buriram. The penalty's are high.

Motorcycle: 3000

Car: 5000

Farang: 8000

If you can not pay at the side of the road your car is impounded (18000 to get it back) and you are in the monkey house until the morning when its of to court.

I have even seen them stopping government workers and testing them.