Will a Elite PE last for 6 years?

Ok first of all the answer is not yes. Thai Elite is a special tourist visa, where did you find the information that it behaves like other type of visas. Link pls.

Secondly, yes, should it behave like other type of visas and should the Gvt not change the way these visas behave (maybe in 5 years time they don't want you to pay 83K average , they want you to pay 100K average), then yes it could last 6 years. As described above a reentry permit would allow you to keep that permission of stay for the 6th year.

Will this work for Thai Elite? We will find out in about...3 years or so when the first members start sharing their experience.

Edited by lkv

What I can also tell you is that right now people that bought the lifetime membership that allowed extensions or stamps of 3 months only are heavily pitched to switch to the new 20 year Elite where the extensions /stamps are for 1 year.

Also, one must understand that according to the Thai Elite T&C, what paying money does is that it gives you access to a membership programme that has this visa as a perk, subject to Immigration changes.

Edited by lkv

Well when the visa is due to expire you will receive a sales call from their department asking you how happy you were with the experience and if you would like to upgrade to 20 years for only 1,500,000 (VAT excluded).

Or sooner. For you not to be concerned anymore about these small details 5-6 years whatever.

Edited by lkv

'Actually, not sure you would get a one year stamp. I got about 10 months on my first entry and about 7 months on my last entry. Not sure why I am not being given a full 12 months. On my first entry I pointed out to the Thai Elite lady that it was not one year. She took it back to immigration, but the 'correction' was still less than 12 months. Basically, I would NOT count on getting a 12 months entry stamp, especially at the end of the 5 year visa validity.'

From this thread - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868114-thai-elite-visa-is-actually-6-years/

And another one:

'I have a Thai elite visa and was stopped trying to exit the country because they had forgotten to stamp me in for 12 months, i was with the elite staff and the problem although worrying for 10 minutes as they were very serious about it, was fixed and blamed on immigration fault forgetting my stamp... always check you have 12 months (thats what you are paying half a million baht for) no excuses!'

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

Thanks for bringing that up jspill quite informative.

Is my understanding also correct that the old members (1M baht lifetime) used to receive 12 month stamps and then they brought it down to 3 months because "the programme was losing money"?

Can somebody confirm this?

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing that up jspill quite informative.

Is my understanding also correct that the old members (1M baht lifetime) used to receive 12 month stamps and then they brought it down to 3 months because "the programme was losing money"?

Can somebody confirm this?

Thai immigration,drop them an email or a call.

Nobody can answer this question at the moment as the 5 year membership has not been around for anywhere near 5 years yet.

Personally I suspect that if you enter during the last year of the membership period the stamp will give you a date of the membership expiration.

I guess we will find out in a few years time. Mine expires in June 2019. I'll probably renew it anyway.

Also I suspect that Thailand Elite also won't know the answer to this question until just before the first 5 year memberships are due to expire and as we all know things in Thailand can change on a regular basis.

There will more than likely be a change of government prior to this time which will have some influence on this.

• Like 1

Ukrules, I'm over 50 before I even came here so it was always going to be non O.

However I fly so much in and out that I could see that the elite for say 45 down has some nice benefits. Seems like your satisfied as mentioned you may renew. What's been good apart from you have a long term visa

• Like 1

Nobody can answer this question at the moment as the 5 year membership has not been around for anywhere near 5 years yet.

Personally I suspect that if you enter during the last year of the membership period the stamp will give you a date of the membership expiration.

I guess we will find out in a few years time. Mine expires in June 2019. I'll probably renew it anyway.

Also I suspect that Thailand Elite also won't know the answer to this question until just before the first 5 year memberships are due to expire and as we all know things in Thailand can change on a regular basis.

There will more than likely be a change of government prior to this time which will have some influence on this.

So it's a members club,not a visa ?

If living in Pattaya, would the limo service drive one there? Is the limo service only FROM the airport or both ways?

The limo service is both ways. To the airport when departing and from the airport when arriving.

As for Pattaya, not sure, you would have to call and ask them. Bangkok and I think Phuket, but the web site also states the limo service is not available outside certain listed locations.

Ukrules, I'm over 50 before I even came here so it was always going to be non O.

However I fly so much in and out that I could see that the elite for say 45 down has some nice benefits. Seems like your satisfied as mentioned you may renew. What's been good apart from you have a long term visa

Hassle free entry and exit as Thai Elite staff walk you through immigration or checkin and take care of your luggage. The free (ok, not really free) limo is a nice touch too. They also take care of the 90 day reporting, all you have to do is drop off your passport at their office.

My one year entry expires in July, so it will be interesting to see what is required, as they are supposed to take care or assist in obtaining a new stamp. My passport expires next year, so I will be interested to see what they can do to assist.

Now if only they would eliminate the need/requirement of 90 day reporting. They should change it to report only if you move your living location to a new address.

I lived in the USA for 25 years on a green card. Never had to report to immigration.

'Actually, not sure you would get a one year stamp. I got about 10 months on my first entry and about 7 months on my last entry. Not sure why I am not being given a full 12 months. On my first entry I pointed out to the Thai Elite lady that it was not one year. She took it back to immigration, but the 'correction' was still less than 12 months. Basically, I would NOT count on getting a 12 months entry stamp, especially at the end of the 5 year visa validity.'

From this thread - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868114-thai-elite-visa-is-actually-6-years/

And another one:

'I have a Thai elite visa and was stopped trying to exit the country because they had forgotten to stamp me in for 12 months, i was with the elite staff and the problem although worrying for 10 minutes as they were very serious about it, was fixed and blamed on immigration fault forgetting my stamp... always check you have 12 months (thats what you are paying half a million baht for) no excuses!'

I heartily recommend always scheduling with Thai Elite to meet you when arriving at the airport. (Suvarnabhumi only)

They golfcart you from your arrival gate to the near (if not completely)-empty "special" lane (poor, walking suckers ;), and seem to act as a sort of "hey, wake up... someone special is here" force in your presence. The assistant checked it, hands to me... I always check the dates before I move away from the counter... 12 months to the day, as expected. (with an odd smile from the counter, as well. I never, ever see a smile in the regular "riff-raff" line!)

You paid for 12 months each entry, you should be getting that every time. Only time will tell on the 6th year.

The Merc "limo" is cool... definitely an "upper-class" taxi ride.

I've never used their help on an exit... yet.

If living in Pattaya, would the limo service drive one there? Is the limo service only FROM the airport or both ways?

No. Too far. They make this clear on their website.

To/from the airport, but from BKK, not Pattaya.

So this visa is actually valid 6 years and not 5 years ?

The visa itself is only valid for 5 years, that much is clear. By entering on the last day of validity and getting a 1 year stamp, it might be possible to use this visa to stay in Thailand for an extra year, bringing the total to 6. This is likely, but not 100% confirmed.

So this visa is actually valid 6 years and not 5 years ?

No. The visa is valid for 5 years.

• You can enter as often as you want during the 5 years.
  • It is expected that any entry using the visa at anytime during the 5th year will be granted a new 1 year stay. So an entry late in year 5 would enable a stay late in to year 6.

I have the 5 year Thailand Elite Visa and have thought this through..

Theoretically, you can extend it to 6 years if you stay that last year in Thailand.

You cannot leave the cage.

The minute you leave, you're going to have to come back on another type of visa.

Theoretically, you can extend it to 6 years if you stay that last year in Thailand.

The minute you leave, you're going to have to come back on another type of visa.

Theoretically you could buy a re-entry permit.

To me, it would seem logical that the last stamp is not for one full year, but only valid till the expiry of the visa, or the expiry of the Thailand Elite membership.

But as others said, we will know once the first Easy Access members get to that point.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't a re-entry permit keep it alive? My Non-B expired March 1 2015 but I still use a re-entry permit on my extension of stay. No valid visa.

There is no "cage" and a simple re-entry permit would allow travel during the 6th year.

Could see the Elite Visa being worthwhile if you were unmarried, under 50 and living in Chiang Mai or some other place where immi seems to be horrendous (based on member comments I have seen).

I'm none of those, so happy not to be spending the money.

P'raps I shouldn't say that. If Sisaket immi read this thread (they are one of those offices where you don't have to fill forms or take copies - they would wipe your butt for you if you asked nicelysmile.png ) maybe they'll see an opportunity to generate another kreung-lahn-baht member for the Elite programme.

My passport expires next year, so I will be interested to see what they can do to assist.

I got a new passport after having the 5-year PE visa for ~6 months. I got the new passport at the embassy in BKK, then had to physically go to Chaeng Wattana to meet with the Thai Elite representative to get the PE visa put into my new passport.

90-day renewal is a breeze; fortunate for me, since the online system simply refuses to approve my 90-day report. I use a courier to pick up my passport from my condo and deliver it to the Thailand Elite offices; they take care of the 90-day reporting and get the reporting slip inserted into my passport; then the courier picks it up and returns it to me at my condo.

Smooth setup, for sure.

Cheers