Reporter tells police she was battered at Trump event

rooster59

Reporter tells police she was battered at Trump event

TERRY SPENCER, Associated Press

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (AP) — A reporter for a conservative news website filed a police report Friday alleging that she was battered at a Donald Trump press conference in Florida.

Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields filed the report with the Jupiter, Florida, police department. Police spokesman Officer Adam Brown released a heavily redacted copy of the report, saying specific details are confidential as part of an ongoing investigation.

On the Breitbart website, Fields has said she was grabbed by the arm and yanked as she tried to interview Trump after a Tuesday press conference while the Republican front-runner mingled with reporters. She posted photos of her bruised arm.

Originally, Breitbart and The Washington Post reported that the 28-year-old reporter was grabbed by Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.

The Post stood by its story on its website Friday, but Breitbart posted a story saying video shows the "likeliest explanation" is that Fields was accosted by a security officer who was next to Trump and Lewandowski.

Trump is protected at events by both Secret Service agents and private security guards.

"Given the similarity in appearance between Lewandowski and the security official, and given the fact that Lewandowski was walking on the other side of Trump from where Fields was at the time, the possibility of mistaken identity cannot be ruled out," Breitbart reporter Joel B. Pollak wrote on the website.

Trump and his campaign have vehemently denied Lewandowski grabbed Fields. Campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks described the accusation as "entirely false."

"As one of dozens of individuals present as Mr. Trump exited the press conference I did not witness any encounter. In addition to our staff, which had no knowledge of said situation, not a single camera or reporter of more than 100 in attendance captured the alleged incident," Hicks said in a statement.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-03-12

It's BS but good fodder for the low lifes. There were hundreds of people there, cameras running, The Secret Service say they saw nothing as do security officers...

Every shred of actual evidence says the woman made it up.

Cheers.

I don't know if Trump will win the Presidency (my guess is he won't) but the bigoted venom he has spewed (and will spew) has caused the atmosphere of polarisation and hatred to increase in the USA and also in some other countries.

Sad.

Edited by JemJem

NOW it's being reported that a big Trump rally in Chicago has been cancelled at the last minute. There are thousands of protesters there and the officials are afraid for security.

Why don't people just behave themselves?

And CNN insinuating that the situation was Trump's fault - and rightly called out as false by a Secret Service person. Such biased reporting, more worthy of Faux News.

NOW it's being reported that a big Trump rally in Chicago has been cancelled at the last minute. There are thousands of protesters there and the officials are afraid for security.

This will intensify the vote FOR Trump in just a few days. A mob of mexicans, waving a Mexican flag and disrupting the right of Americans to hold a political rally.

Meanwhile back in reality thousands riot in Chicago in protest against a Trump rally. Whilst former terrorist Bill Ayers speaks for the assembled progressives.

http://www.allenbwest.com/2016/03/breaking-thousands-riot-in-chicago-over-trump-rally/

Wonder what they reaction would have been if 100 Tea Party members infiltrated a Bernie Sanders rally and held up Trump signs and started shoving around the Sanders supporters? Anybody going to ask Bernie to comment on the behavior of his people at this Trump event?

Meanwhile back in reality thousands riot in Chicago in protest against a Trump rally. Whilst former terrorist Bill Ayers speaks for the assembled progressives.

http://www.allenbwest.com/2016/03/breaking-thousands-riot-in-chicago-over-trump-rally/

Wonder what they reaction would have been if 100 Tea Party members infiltrated a Bernie Sanders rally and held up Trump signs and started shoving around the Sanders supporters? Anybody going to ask Bernie to comment on the behavior of his people at this Trump event?

It certainly is a massive own goal for the progressives. I suspect they will implode in their efforts to stop Trump in the same way as his GOP rivals have.

Ben Carson was my first choice of candidates. I was happy to see him endorse Trump.

I would guess that this woman is simply an attention whore. She is now in the spotlight as she intended.

Edited by Gary A

.... because they have not yet been in the Trump-University gigglem.gif

Because "deyse haz rites" which loosely translates as some people believe that their right to express their views takes priority over those who wish to make their own informed choice.

The more you see the mainstream media ganging up on Trump, the more you can be sure he doesn't work for the puppet masters. Stay tuned for more cinema and character assassination.

A reporter for a conservative news website filed a police report Friday

Has FOX news made you unable to read?? She worked for a conservative news website!!! By your standards that is the only reliable news people so how do you spin this into being a liberal or "mainstream" news reporter???

@Post #7

"Why don't people just behave themselves?" blink.png

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

It has obviously been some time since I attended a political rally but I would never have expected to see the participants engaged in grab-ass in the crowd. Maybe it is because I never attended rallies put on by such extreme radicals as Trump . . .