Nothing new here!

Badrabbit

Went to a local seafood BBQ, meal was average to say the least, Bill arrived, I already knew what it should have been, 300 bht added but strangely included in the total, sent the gf to query, she came back holding 300 bht, dirty look from I assume the owner, obviously Falang tax added!! this is something I hate about Thailand, along with duel pricing of course!

The bill was 1600 bht there bill was 1900 bht my gf paid then showed me the bill, it was obviously wrong so I sent her back to question the amount, don't know what was said but it was obvious the guy was not happy, the prices are clearly shown on the menu! I doubt it was an honest mistake we will not be going back, the food was poor!

Maybe he didn't know how to use a calculator!

Edited by Badrabbit

The bill was 1600 bht there bill was 1900 bht my gf paid then showed me the bill, it was obviously wrong so I sent her back to question the amount, don't know what was said but it was obvious the guy was not happy, the prices are clearly shown on the menu! I doubt it was an honest mistake we will not be going back, the food was poor!

Perhaps you should have given these sort of details in your original post ...

If this particular BBQ place is listed on TripAdvisor, I would be sure to post a review, including the bit about being overcharged. The only way these people learn is to hit them in the wallet.

If this particular BBQ place is listed on TripAdvisor, I would be sure to post a review, including the bit about being overcharged. The only way these people learn is to hit them in the wallet.

Yes, post a review. Let others know. This sort of 'bad adding' happens everywhere in the world. No-one wants to create a fuss on a night out and the restaurant staff know it. Might not even be the owner ... I remember a very long time ago in my home country I took a large group of family members out for dinner in a fancy place, the bill arrived and I started counting it up .... I was paying. I had been overcharged quite a big amount and I sent the bill back for checking. Everyone at the table was horrified that I challenged the bill ... and that's how these places get away with it ....

Yes, post a review. Let others know. This sort of 'bad adding' happens everywhere in the world. No-one wants to create a fuss on a night out and the restaurant staff know it. Might not even be the owner ... I remember a very long time ago in my home country I took a large group of family members out for dinner in a fancy place, the bill arrived and I started counting it up .... I was paying. I had been overcharged quite a big amount and I sent the bill back for checking. Everyone at the table was horrified that I challenged the bill ... and that's how these places get away with it ....

I doubt this place is listed with trip advisor, it's a place that sprung up all of a sudden, it has mostly Chinese customers in fact on the night We was there everyone seemed to be Chinese, I will ask a friend to check this out and if it is listed get him to post a review on my behalf.

Several posts and replies to them have been removed for violation of this from the forum rules.

"3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette."

I doubt this place is listed with trip advisor, it's a place that sprung up all of a sudden, it has mostly Chinese customers in fact on the night We was there everyone seemed to be Chinese, I will ask a friend to check this out and if it is listed get him to post a review on my behalf.

Classy joint then coffee1.gif

Classy joint then coffee1.gif

You have something against Chinese people or do you think Chinese people lower the tone?

And I believe if a link to TripAdvisor is posted on this forum, it's not deemed to be a "name and shame." Hint Hint. :)

**** Mods - correct me if I am wrong. ****

Rule in Thailand is always have your girl check the bill. This stuff is not limited to Farangs. Why do you think even the local customers always check their bills so closely here? It happens to everybody....

Rule in Thailand is always have your girl check the bill."" - rubbish.

I don't need a Thai girl to check my own bill for me.

It's that attitude that has Thai's thinking all farang are as weak as p*ss.

Deal with the Thai's yourself. and pay your own bills.

Empower yourself.

Rule in Thailand is always have your girl check the bill. This stuff is not limited to Farangs. Why do you think even the local customers always check their bills so closely here? It happens to everybody....

Empower yourself.

I guess you couldnt figure out that I was trying to say everybody should check bills closely. Whether its you, your girl or your mother, check them. Nothing to do with screwing farangs over but, its everybody that gets pooped on doing business in Thailand.

Im empowered just fine.

Empower yourself.

I guess you couldnt figure out that I was trying to say everybody should check bills closely. Whether its you, your girl or your mother, check them. Nothing to do with screwing farangs over but, its everybody that gets pooped on doing business in Thailand.

Im empowered just fine.

"Rule in Thailand is always have your girl check the bill." - what part of this comment of yours did I fail to understand????

I hope you are not another one of those, "I get the missus to do it" brigade.

Empower yourself.

Im empowered just fine.

And it really isn't bad here. I hardly ever have mistakes in bills, no more than 'back home' and far less than in other developing countries.

^^^^^ Nothing wrong with that. I am illiterate in the local language. gigglem.gif And my wife always checks the bill because she knows how Thais are. thumbsup.gif

Your wife is Thai, isn't she? cheesy.gif

The numbers (prices) are the same. Not hard to remember, or cross reference them to the menu.

Empower yourself.

Im empowered just fine.

And it really isn't bad here. I hardly ever have mistakes in bills, no more than 'back home' and far less than in other developing countries.

Phuket is one of the worst places in Thailand for "bill padding."

Most of the time, they are not "mistakes" - it is fraud, and a crime.

Empower yourself.

Im empowered just fine.

NEVER had a bill padded in 2 years of retirement in Phuket. Honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Empower yourself.

Im empowered just fine.

NEVER had a bill padded in 2 years of retirement in Phuket. Honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

How would you know you have never had a bill padded when you get your missus to pay it????

Empower yourself.

Im empowered just fine.

"Rule in Thailand is always have your girl check the bill." - what part of this comment of yours did I fail to understand????

I hope you are not another one of those, "I get the missus to do it" brigade.

My wife considers it her job to look at every bill for everything to insure there are no mistakes or overcharging ,, 7/11, Tesco, 20 baht shop, handyman shop or restaurant.

Why would I want to take that away from her?

And if I did check the bill myself we'd only have to wait longer while she looks because she doesn't trust anyone including me.

Another reason why I love her,,very detailed when it comes to money and arrangements for purchases and travel etc.

And yes she has caught a few times where the bill was incorrect. A high end hotel restaurant in Bang Surray comes to mind easily.