Targeting westerners at BTS security ?

atyclb

Also I have a reason to think that's it's harassment in my case. Because I've been to the immigration office here in Bangkok since 1993 and I never even had a "conversation" with an official if you know what I mean, same at the passport control. I never had a problem with the police in 23 years... not even a conversation. By these security guards are just a major nuisance because first of all it's definitely just a show, and they DO single out foreigners all the time... That's why I think they just do it for their personal amusement to inflate their petty egos... nothing more, it has nothing to do with security of any kind....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, there's certainly a wide-spread harassment of whites in Bangkok, I was not even affected by it the most by far - for some reason the cops really like me, never been searched or stopped by cops. As for the security - I reported what I reported because it's true.

They do check foreigners only - and they never search the Thais... so they provide ZERO security and are just a huge pain in the ass for visitors...

And some of you can continue your worthless blah blah blah, but it's not going to solve this problem for anybody... :)

And they kicked you out of your home country for trying to expose the Illuminati too?

You can take my word for it - if they did check EVERYBODY, which they don't at all... I wouldn't even be raising this issue here. I can appreciate the benefit of good security when it's done properly - but that's not what they do AT ALL... do I really have to explain that here? lol :)

You can take my word for it - if they did check EVERYBODY, which they don't at all... I wouldn't even be raising this issue here. I can appreciate the benefit of good security when it's done properly - but that's not what they do AT ALL... do I really have to explain that here? lol :)

Seriously, do you hear voices in your head?

You can take my word for it - if they did check EVERYBODY, which they don't at all... I wouldn't even be raising this issue here. I can appreciate the benefit of good security when it's done properly - but that's not what they do AT ALL... do I really have to explain that here? lol smile.png

No I don't. Do you have visual hallucinations? I hope you don't, it's usually not a good sign :)

But I do think they should install bag scanners at every BTS station - that way they can check every bag hassle free and very quickly, and they don't have to open any of the bags. As for the "security" at the moment - I don't even know why they are there, I think it's just to put on a show and arbitrarily harass people...

Any more questions?? :) Which part of it do you not understand?

You can take my word for it - if they did check EVERYBODY, which they don't at all... I wouldn't even be raising this issue here. I can appreciate the benefit of good security when it's done properly - but that's not what they do AT ALL... do I really have to explain that here? lol smile.png

No I don't. Do you have visual hallucinations? I hope you don't, it's usually not a good sign :)

But I do think they should install bag scanners at every BTS station - that way they can check every bag hassle free and very quickly, and they don't have to open any of the bags. As for the "security" at the moment - I don't even know why they are there, I think it's just to put on a show and arbitrarily harass people...

Yes, will you please keep posting!!!!!!

Have you seen the amount of people that pass through, say, Asok or Siam station at the busy times of day? Bag scanners are simply not a practical option.

Are you retired SAS? Or Seal?

Don't be a smartass. I have experienced the same thing many times. Particularly at Phaya Thai. I am 75 but they pull me over yet let the wide nostrils through. When I suggest they give the same treatment to the Thai people standing beside they just smirk in their special infantile superior way and giggle as they wave them through and take a check of my backpack which usually contains a book and hankerchief.

Maybe the reason you never managed to land a normal job back in your Western Countries perhaps means that you are not exactly the sample group of Farangs that anyone should even bother asking for an opinion smile.png...

What a weird comment. You have no idea what any of us food for a living.

cool, so you are a chef... thanks for sharing with us

Maybe the reason you never managed to land a normal job back in your Western Countries perhaps means that you are not exactly the sample group of Farangs that anyone should even bother asking for an opinion smile.png...

What a weird comment. You have no idea what any of us food for a living.

cool, so you are a chef... thanks for sharing with us

Ha! I usually edit out most of the weird quirks my phone puts in my posts, but I completely missed that one.

Are you retired SAS? Or Seal?

Don't be a smartass. I have experienced the same thing many times. Particularly at Phaya Thai. I am 75 but they pull me over yet let the wide nostrils through. When I suggest they give the same treatment to the Thai people standing beside they just smirk in their special infantile superior way and giggle as they wave them through and take a check of my backpack which usually contains a book and hankerchief.

"The wide nostrils", oh dear.

No I don't. Do you have visual hallucinations? I hope you don't, it's usually not a good sign smile.png

Any more questions?? smile.png Which part of it do you not understand?

a while ago there was a short obese female security guard at my nearby mrt station that routinely checked my bags and or backpack daily despite the scanner buzzer not going off. i even asked her why she is doing this, no reply. i was thinking about filing a formal complaint until one day i went by with a backpack packed for a 2 day trip. no buzzer but once again she stopped me. i explained to how she must probe deeper since something can be hiding inside. i started removing pieces of clothing from the bag until i found underwear and displayed it to her assured her is was clean. after that i did not get hassled. true story. yes i take my medicine daily

Also I have a reason to think that's it's harassment in my case. Because I've been to the immigration office here in Bangkok since 1993 and I never even had a "conversation" with an official if you know what I mean, same at the passport control. I never had a problem with the police in 23 years... not even a conversation. By these security guards are just a major nuisance because first of all it's definitely just a show, and they DO single out foreigners all the time... That's why I think they just do it for their personal amusement to inflate their petty egos... nothing more, it has nothing to do with security of any kind....

one thing i'll agree with on is it seems some of the bts guards are getting their petty ego's off. i have noticed the silly grins.

i have been stopped at police checkpoints where they hope to find a way to extort you.

On bts, Nine out of ten times i don't get checked. The one in ten times i get checked is when i walk to close to the table or look at them. Like another poster said, it seems they check mostly people who volunteer it bc they assume everyone is supposed to be checked. Very rarely , maybe one in ten times in bts, do i see them stop someone who is not already inclined to open the bag.

Entering shopping malls, i don't think I've every been stopped except a couple times at mbk at the entrance closest to the bts.

This makes absolute zero sense. You think the security at bts know you've never been harrassed by police or immigration all these years so they plan to make up for it and harrass you? Time to look into mor jitapaet.

You are definitely right and they are harassing White Foreigners on purpose - it's the only thing they do. They'll haggle you over your tiny briefcase, but will let dozens of Thais with giant suitcases through with no questions asked. It's not Security it's complete BS, lol.

Bangkok has turned into a giant WW2 Japanese style internment camp for Farangs, since a year ago already. But for some reason people still feel it's something which should be open to debate, when in fact it's glaringly obvious at every level in this country...

Wow.

I will not disagree that on some occasions there are security guards who are less than professional. And that security at the BTS / MRT and other venues is very far from effective (although the MRT does impress me a little more than the BTS - at least I am walked through what I believe is a proper metal detector). It would just be a lucky chance that they actually stopped someone with bad intentions.

That said, jumping the shark and calling Bangkok a giant WWII Japanese style internment camp for Farangs, is just over the top. Unless I misread history, and the interned Japanese were allowed to live where they chose in private townhouses, travel at will using all modes of transportation, acquire temporary lodgings anywhere in the country, exit and enter the country at their leisure, congregate with themselves and others without scrutiny, own and run businesses, and otherwise live their lives as they saw fit. I have yet to see one Farang tagged and placed on a train destined for their internment. Aside from the requisite visa/extension and 90 report requirements, and the freedom mocking laws and rules that are unquestionably applied more frequently to Thais than Farangs, I see nothing resembling WWII internment.

post-219062-0-15286500-1458062289_thumb.

Yeah look, I was always getting stopped but I was always making eye contact.

As many others have said, pretend they are not there.

I've done it today in 3 stations including Asok and it worked.

The so-called security checks at BTS & MRT stations, as well as other venues throughout BKK are a joke and a pretense. Especially the supposed metal detectors, and the pretend search of bags.

Lol, there's certainly a wide-spread harassment of whites in Bangkok, I was not even affected by it the most by far - for some reason the cops really like me, never been searched or stopped by cops. As for the security - I reported what I reported because it's true.

They do check foreigners only - and they never search the Thais... so they provide ZERO security and are just a huge pain in the ass for visitors...

And some of you can continue your worthless blah blah blah, but it's not going to solve this problem for anybody... smile.png

I have been here over 30 years. I regularly travel on the BTS and all over Thailand. I see no wide spread harassment of whites. I see more Thais with bags searched than foreigners. Please do not continue your worthless blah blah blah.

Are you off your meds?