How long could survive on three million baht?

baneko

To simply sit back and survive: 30k a month is doable (even with the higher cost of living now) if you don't need ladies bouncing on your knee every other night, or to eat at flash restaurants, three cars etc. But to languish is asking for a trip back home.

How long to survive? Its a very relative question, you can spend it all in a day for nothing or make a proper life, living in freedom until the last day has to come...

If I'm single I would buy a cheap condo around 1m to stay for free in phuket to live the tropical life quiet, then make a new web business from an other million, and keep the remaining 1m in various currencies and goldbars and do my best the business will going well wai2.gif

Would not go much bars and restaurants, just learn to be a good chef on my own, buy cheaper from local markets and get a scooter for hassle free travel...

PS: can't give idea how to make money online but sounds safe if you good at entrepreneurship whistling.gif

To make it work, out of all the drivel (look how much I make/have etc etc saai.gif), this is probably the best response for the op. A practical answer which could negate the need to go home to work. Buying digs gives one cheaper living and you have that asset as fallback. Invest time in yourself with a website or app, as suggested; there are lots of ways to monetize. Building a site yourself is easy nowadays and there are many free app engines out there. Millions are doing it now and it's tougher to make money but there are niche areas. Risky going the investment route unless you know what you're doing like Naam methinks. There's always teaching, but that time could be better spent elsewhere.

if your that well put together you would have likely made it already in whatever country you immigrated from

sure its possible to do it here, but much more difficult and takes twice the discipline and tenacity you would have needed at home

the sad fact is that most who are here now are downsizing for cheaper cost of living or they would not be asking such questions. in a lot of cases its just stretching out funds longer and not making more then they otherwise would have

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great stuff, I might ask for some help on f I try to do it!

Nor having or paying for T.V. is a great way to save.

I'd probably get married if I was the OP, being younger than I.

But then, comes da TV...

Move to Cambodia like our TV./ Facebook Buddy..

Do the marketing,make a living..

Sounds good

Alohz

I was talking about the web stuff...

I live in a forest catching rainwater..

I was forced into a frugal lifestyle, hitching for food.it is possible to live cheaply and I know many who live very cheaply!

Edited by KonaRain

Looking over the OP's comments, seems to have his shit together but being in the O&G profession, he's thinking about the "what if" scenario. Nothing wrong with that. He already knows what his situation is and like him, I'm also interested from time to time, to read about how others get on here.

With all these similar types of threads, I've noticed a trend in the 50-70k/month range.

Edited by 55Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of different levels of spending. With all of your thoughts I would probably say 50K a month.

I would have to cut current spending although fortunately I have a flat I rent back in the UK which would help.

My pick up is payed in July another bonus.

I live in the sticks which also helps. I do enjoy trips to BKK for recreation but am married so no extra women for me. That saves.

You guys are making some great posts. Thanks.

Looking over the OP's comments, seems to have his shit together but being in the O&G profession, he's thinking about the "what if" scenario. Nothing wrong with that. He already knows what his situation is and like him, I'm also interested from time to time, to read about how others get on here.

With all these similar types of threads, I've noticed a trend in the 50-70k/month range.

Thai Immigration law requires retirees to have 65,000Bt. / month or 800,000Bt in a Thai bank.

Thai Immigration law requires retirees to have 65,000Bt. / month or 800,000Bt in a Thai bank.

Very informative. Thank you, Ed. blink.png

Blowme, Jay.

Blowme, Jay.

Troll your kinky bait over in the Community Sub-Forums. laugh.png

There is no law requiring you to spend it all.

There is no law requiring you to spend it all.

not yet, but sooner or later there will be a law.

Im still only 43! ☺

Im still only 43! ☺

In that case, I'd throw it all in Index Funds like the S&P500 & International Index Fund.

If you earn 10% annually, which is entirely possible, you would come out with around 23+ million at retirement age.

Im still only 43! ☺

In that case, I'd throw it all in Index Funds like the S&P500 & International Index Fund.

If you earn 10% annually, which is entirely possible, you would come out with around 23+ million at retirement age.

Would or could?

Would or could?

More than likely, 8%-10% over a 20 year time frame.

The rule of 72 is a useful shortcut, since the equations related to compound interest are too complicated for most people to do without a calculator.

To find out exactly how long it would take to double an investment that returns 10% annually, refer to the rule of 72.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/ruleof72.asp#ixzz46ROl7P00

Edited by CousinEddie

If you went to the village and were with Thais you might get 12 months out of it.

If you were in a main town and met a few Farangs especially if you knew them at home and they were your mates and they had been in LOS a few years your money would be gone in 3 months.

Do it on your own but it is not a lot of money

Just crazy. 3 million THB equals 75,000 EUR. That is 6250 EUR per month. You must living like a Thai who is on 20,000 THB a month?! blink.png Excuse me, I think many posters here need a mental illness checkup.

Sure, there are millionaires who have the money but why the frick do we need to compare 99% who haven't got 3 mb per year with the 1% who have?

A doctor in Germany saving lives in a hospital gets nearly 2800 EUR after tax and it is considered a high paying job. So, for your mental illness check I can recommend some doctors in Germany.

Some people really live out of space. If I inherit some millions, first thing to do, go to thaivisa.com and look down on everybody, Yo Mama is so poor.

If you went to the village and were with Thais you might get 12 months out of it.

If you were in a main town and met a few Farangs especially if you knew them at home and they were your mates and they had been in LOS a few years your money would be gone in 3 months.

Just crazy. 3 million THB equals 75,000 EUR. That is 6250 EUR per month. You must living like a Thai who is on 20,000 THB a month?! blink.png Excuse me, I think many posters here need a mental illness checkup.

Sure, there are millionaires who have the money but why the frick do we need to compare 99% who haven't got 3 mb per year with the 1% who have?

A doctor in Germany saving lives in a hospital gets nearly 2800 EUR after tax and it is considered a high paying job. So, for your mental illness check I can recommend some doctors in Germany.

Some people really live out of space. If I inherit some millions, first thing to do, go to thaivisa.com and look down on everybody, Yo Mama is so poor.

He may be a little crazy.....possibly a scatter cash. ☺

at my current rate of spending it would give me 12 months or 1.00 years.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

so funny. all categorically say.
someone lifts the nose (at 3 million baht is not the sum of which should perk up. If 3 million survive, the 120K(10 k per month) same not die. in thailand its be not far)biggrin.png ( but really this is guy spell near 80k bath in thailand)
Another guy call for people who can to earn money to spend in 3 month 3 ml bath- mental illness
Guys relax...
Can survive even with out money .. and 10k even can enjoy life in Thailand..
ANd I am sure can 3 ml spend in one day in Thailand.. In not realy big ammount. in Macao many guys I see few bet or even one bet on green table..biggrin.png ( few minet and not have you 3 ml)gigglem.gif
PS
Doctor 2800 EUR Germany?? I know it can be 4-10k.. i Know young guy in Jap restaraunt in Berlin wrap rolls even not chief near 2000 EUR..sad.png

at my current rate of spending it would give me 12 months or 1.00 years.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

so funny. all categorically say.
someone lifts the nose (at 3 million baht is not the sum of which should perk up. If 3 million survive, the 120K(10 k per month) same not die. in thailand its be not far)biggrin.png ( but really this is guy spell near 80k bath in thailand)
Another guy call for people who can to earn money to spend in 3 month 3 ml bath- mental illness
Guys relax...
Can survive even with out money .. and 10k even can enjoy life in Thailand..
ANd I am sure can 3 ml spend in one day in Thailand.. In not realy big ammount. in Macao many guys I see few bet or even one bet on green table..biggrin.png ( few minet and not have you 3 ml)gigglem.gif
PS
Doctor 2800 EUR Germany?? I know it can be 4-10k.. i Know young guy in Jap restaraunt in Berlin wrap rolls even not chief near 2000 EUR..sad.png

For deciphering your post I should be paid. cheesy.gif

I never wrote that one who has money has a mental illness. Maybe your reading skills are also badly affected.

So, why do you want to compare the 1% who have much money with the 99% who have not? Nobody cares. In Macao, bla bla bla, and on the moon they did this and that.

Yes, doctor in an hospital earns 2800 EUR after tax, but he got 5500 EUR before tax. Sure, private clinic doctors may earn more but it's still Germany and the gap between workers isn't so high.

By the way ardakano, here is what I replied to, I did not reply to Mega.

Yep i see.

What Big different?

Again

relax..

No see any problem some guys eve per day spell 3 ml.

And not see problem can injoy life in Thailan on 10kbiggrin.png

Yep i see.

What Big different?

Again

relax..

Boooaah, boring childish question. The way you manipulated the quotes it looks like I say everybody who spends 3mb per year is "just crazy" but what I replied to was to the statement that you have to live in the "village" with the Thais on 3mb per year.

But yeah, dude, relax.

Edited by Gutenberg

For deciphering your post I should be paid. cheesy.gif

I never wrote that one who has money has a mental illness. Maybe your reading skills are also badly affected.

So, why do you want to compare the 1% who have much money with the 99% who have not? Nobody cares. In Macao, bla bla bla, and on the moon they did this and that.

Yes, doctor in an hospital earns 2800 EUR after tax, but he got 5500 EUR before tax. Sure, private clinic doctors may earn more but it's still Germany and the gap between workers isn't so high.

My skills?( yes my English its very poor...)

Ok explaine me that?

YES for Thai people in vilige with 20000k

ITS same for many Europe live with 6250 EUR..

PS

I donno about tax.. you sure??

my friend(german) wife(russian) first as a nurse get 1500-2000 EUR. After when He confirmed the doctor's diploma .. pass test or some like this..

had 8000..

and yes tax be , but near 30-40 % and have refund for many thinks..

sor even 5500 its far from 2800.

And i am sure that life this is cople have in German must pay DOUBLE in Thailand!!!

wink.png

Yep i see.

What Big different?

Again

relax..

Boooaah, boring childish question. The way you manipulated the quotes it looks like I say everybody who spends 3mb per year is "just crazy" but what I replied to was to the statement that you have to live in the "village" with the Thais on 3mb per year.

But yeah, dude, relax.

If get as humor its YES 3 ml as life in viligegigglem.gif Thai style life or near

thats why i say not see big difference 100k per year or 3 ml.. evrethink its not be full western life. but if its injoy.. <deleted>?biggrin.png

Ok explaine me that?

YES for Thai people in vilige with 20000k

ITS same for many Europe live with 6250 EUR..

I was replying to this statement, "If you went to the village and were with Thais you might get 12 months out of it". It is just crazy to think this is true with 3 million THB as budget to have the same life style like Thais with 10,000 THB per month. In Europe 99% don't earn 6250 EUR per month, what are you talking about. Damn, man, you live in the imaginationland.

I donno about tax.. you sure??

my friend(german) wife(russian) first as a nurse get 1500-2000 EUR. After when He confirmed the doctor's diploma .. pass test or some like this..

had 8000..

and yes tax be , but near 30-40 % and have refund for many thinks..

sor even 5500 its far from 2800.

And i am sure that life this is cople have in German must pay DOUBLE in Thailand!!!

wink.png

Yes, sure thing.

So this is about the before tax wage, 4000 EUR - 5600 EUR. As I stated already in posts before:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4426124/

Tax is at this incoming already at 42%. So, 5000 EUR - 42% = 2900 EUR. That is for a specialist doctor. For the assistant doctor with the same degree but without specialization it is even lower. It is one of highest paying jobs in Germany (personally I only know of the head doctors getting more, judges and politicians).

Edit: I even forgot solidarity surcharge of 5.5% on top of the payable tax of 42%. Example: 42% of 5000 EUR = 2100 EUR and there it's 5.5% added = 2215,5 EUR payable income tax.

Edited by Gutenberg