How long could survive on three million baht?

baneko

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long to survive? Its a very relative question, you can spend it all in a day for nothing or make a proper life, living in freedom until the last day has to come...

If I'm single I would buy a cheap condo around 1m to stay for free in phuket to live the tropical life quiet, then make a new web business from an other million, and keep the remaining 1m in various currencies and goldbars and do my best the business will going well wai2.gif

Would not go much bars and restaurants, just learn to be a good chef on my own, buy cheaper from local markets and get a scooter for hassle free travel...

PS: can't give idea how to make money online but sounds safe if you good at entrepreneurship whistling.gif

at my current rate of spending it would give me 100 months or 8.33 years.

that accounts for EVERYTHING i need in life!

Sounds like a rather rough end....after 8.33 years smile.png.

my answer was directed at the op's post:

How long could survive on three million baht?

lucky me don't have to rely on that. but that is the question...

at my current rate of spending it would give me 12 months or 1.00 years.

You have the wrong thread.

Look for 'What are the biggest lies foreigners tell in Thailand ?'

Interesting. Care to explain how you have intimate knowledge of my financials to have based your claim upon ?

Interesting. Care to explain how you have intimate knowledge of my financials to have based your claim upon ?

i would imagine - just a guess but - that spending thb 8219.17808 a day would keep you too busy to post replies on this forum.

but perhaps you have some really expensive 'hobbies'? smile.png

I base my claim on utter BS on your behalf.

30,000 month in Bangkok would get u half.way reasonable studio apt . In block gym pool. Eat out most nights and transport. No matter who says nice cloths ain't THAT cheap. Want cheap and nasty. U could prob save on that. And the occasional weekends away would probably be budget.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So in other words you are clueless and make spiteful claims out of pure jealousy.

Sucks to be you.

i would imagine - just a guess but - that spending thb 8219.17808 a day would keep you too busy to post replies on this forum.

An accountant your not are you ?....lets say the poster is spending 80k month on accomdation, say another 20 or 30 month on a car, private schooling for the kids etc..all adds up...

spending approx USD 85k a year wouldnt be that hard to do....so one suspects your remarks, plus the other poster are tinged with the green envy monster

I suspect your claim is largely based in envy

I suspect your claim is largely based in envy

No envy at all.
Every thread about money, he is there talking big licks.
I'm sorry but real people with serious money hardly ever talk about it, especially on a public forum.
Another keyboard wannabe.

An accountant your not are you ?....lets say the poster is spending 80k month on accomdation, say another 20 or 30 month on a car, private schooling for the kids etc..all adds up...

spending approx USD 85k a year wouldnt be that hard to do....so one suspects your remarks, plus the other poster are tinged with the green envy monster

Bobotie, I suspect Thaiduncakk and Manfredtillman are replying literally to the thread title without comprehending the content of the OP's post.

But to add some clarity to my reply to the OP.

I work here an on an expat salary (albeit a low one in thr grand scheme of expat salaries but one none the less), I have my basic salary + car allowance + house allowance + Full private medical insurance + paid flight home which totals (with the annual bonus) about 3 million baht.

Now the OP asked "if your job finished tomorrow" then obviously the above salary package would vapourise.

But we still have to pay for the current lifestyle which is;

House rent.

House content insurance.

Electric.

Water.

Car repayments(x2).

Car Insurance(x2).

Car maintenance(x2).

Car annual road tax(x2).

Scooter stuff ( not all that much but it still is an outgoing)(x2).

Fuel for the above vehicles.

Tires for the above vehicles.

Food.

Clothing.

Entertainment.

Health insurance.

Dog visits to the vet(x4 dogs).

Etc

Etc

Etc.

The above does not account for 3 million baht though and is only my Thailand outgoings.

Now we add my outgoings in my home country;

House repayments.

House insurance.

House maintenance.

And suddenly we realise that a big chunk of that 3 million baht salary that just vapourised has been consumed with relative ease.

Edited by Don Mega

If I could turn it into pounds and buy some investments the answer is infinity. £60,000 @ 5% = £3,000, or £250 a month. Rent in North East = £60, water and electric say £20, health cover (say) £20, gym (say) £10-20, nothing like £130 for food, visa and the like.

Frugal Dougal biggrin.png