Trying to Buy a New civic with 200,000 baht Deposit.. Blue Book needed why?

Huayrat

Your knocking your head against a brick wall. I can show more income than most Thais, have a yellow book but still can not finance a car or anything else as I do not have a work permit.

Thai salespeople are like puppets. They are told no work permit no loans.. So pay cash or get a guarantor.

not "salespeople" give or not give loan.

its bank..

Sorry you not lucky in your needs.

I am not real need loan(I guess its expensive in Thailand)

But few time value offers from sellers...

Your knocking your head against a brick wall. I can show more income than most Thais, have a yellow book but still can not finance a car or anything else as I do not have a work permit.

Thai salespeople are like puppets. They are told no work permit no loans.. So pay cash or get a guarantor.

You're contradicting yourself here. Can not get finance on a car because of no workpermit, but get finance with a guarantor.

No I had income far exceeding what they need plus cash in bank to buy half a dozen but they would not finance without work permit which is why I replied to the post!

So you've found 2 salespeople who don't know what they're doing. No surprise, but that does not change the fact that one can get a loan without workpermit.

Your being told nonsense by car sales people who are obviously poorly informed.

Just move onto another dealer who knows what their doing.

I totally agree with stevenl.

Only Passport and proof of address is required in order to purchase and register a car.

A certificate of Residence issued by Immigration, Amphur, Embassy, local Police station OR a Yellow Tabian Baan

For finance, financial proof of income.

If you can pay outright, then do so, interest rates are quite high here.

* I Need

Sorry, can't help you about financing, but wish you good luck. The reason I answer to your thread is that i just ordered a new Honda Civic too, but will pay in cash. Still got asked for a work permit, which i don't have, so they asked for a confirmation from my embassy (neither yellow book or letter from immigration accepted).

With a 3 year work permit, I was able to buy at Ford with 25% down payment, no guarantor. Finance is through Tisco who seem to be the most foreigner friendly. Since paying off the loan, they have been very on the ball trying to get me to refinance, all their staff know the requirements for foreigners, but then the office I attended is in the area of a large number of Koreans who operate businesses in a special economic zone.

At the moment Honda is offering finance for the Civic at 2.09%. Nearly the same when I financed 5 years ago a new Civic.

* I Need

Sorry, can't help you about financing, but wish you good luck. The reason I answer to your thread is that i just ordered a new Honda Civic too, but will pay in cash. Still got asked for a work permit, which i don't have, so they asked for a confirmation from my embassy (neither yellow book or letter from immigration accepted).
Certificate of address from immigration will be accepted by DLT, where the car salesman goes to with the paperwork.

What does a Thai have to produce in order to purchase a car?

Their ID card as proof of personal details.

Their Blue book as proof of address.

A foreigner produces his passport (proof of personal details), but it appears the proof of address is the stumbling block.

The only foreigner who can be named in a Blue book is one with PR status married to a Thai. He can be added to her book.

Foreign Condo owners can own a Blue book, but cannot be named in it.

All other foreigners can only own and be named in a Yellow book.

This means your name and address is registered on the Civilian registration database, the same as all Thais.

Thais are not aware of the process a foreigner has to go through in order to be registered and obtain a Tabian Baan.

Sometimes you may have to educate them about their own procedures, without appearing to be confrontational.

Sometimes common sense does prevail, but you have to stand your ground, or move on.

It may be frustrating, but don't immediately blame the Thai salesman, most won't even be aware a foreigner can own a Tabian Baan and that what distinguishes the foreigner from the Thai is merely the colour of the book. They're probably only aware of some other form of proof of address because they rarely see a foreigner owning a Tabian Baan.

I would buy elsewhere..

When I bought my Jazz I put down 100k

And got finance very easy..

Then again my wife works at Honda..

PM me she can help ya out of needed.

Won't let me PM you for some unknown reason.. Can you Email me so you can pass on some messages to your wife please??

DELETED

Thanks

Edited by seedy
personal details

At the moment Honda is offering finance for the Civic at 2.09%. Nearly the same when I financed 5 years ago a new Civic.

2.09 its not realy interest rate.

Its price credit per year.

So interest per yaer its much more.

Its game bank.

If you barrow 100k for 48 month and pay back monthly( loan ammount inclused) total 108000 its not 2% per year it be near 4% per year.

If you pay only interest bank and when closed credit pay loan ammount and in total it be 108000 ... yes its can say 2% per year.

Retired, no work permit, have financed two new cars the first using a Thai guarantor. Needed a residence certificate and income letter from Embassy. My second car,since I paid off first with no problems, I qualified for something called VIP program and financed with zero money down, no guarantor and I was also over the age of 65 at time of purchase. I own condos but was never asked for the condo bluebook.