Visa Advice Needed - Visa Runs Vs 1 Year

Hi,

I'm a norwegain national married to a thai, just about to move to Thailand for 1-2 year period with my wife (she is going to finish some study). I'm employed in my home country and will work (unofficial) over the internet. However, I will also need to travel in the SE region (Phillipines, Singapore), maybe once every other month.

I'm trying to figure out the best visa strategy for me. I think I'm eligible for a 1 year visa due to my marriage, but as far as I know, do I then get a multiple entry visa? And how lengthy is the process of obtaining it? I'm considering contacting an agency that can assist me in this process. Any recommendations?

If I go for the 3xtransit visa + tourist visa runs, how long does it take to get a tourist visa? any advice on which embassies that process such visa fast?

Thanks for any advice

/H

Normally your best choice is the Consulate located in the country you live. Believe most can still issue you a multi entry non immigrant O visa and that would be ideal as you would be free to travel for about 12 months or a little more.

In your home country apply for a multi entry O visa, reason for applying you are married to a Thai who is returning home for 2 years to study.

The Thais have stopped the visa runs so if you do not get a visa and a 30 entry on arrival then visa run, you can only do this for a total of three months then you would need to leave thailand for three months,

GET A VISA, if you home country will not give you an O VISA, then apply for a multi entry tourist visa,

BUT WHAT EVER YOU DO GET A VISA BEFORE YOU ARRIVE