Wanted Canadian drug trafficker arrested in Bangkok

webfact

Wanted Canadian drug trafficker arrested in Bangkok

Thaivisa Reporters

dt.jpeg

BANGKOK:-- Immigration police have arrested a man wanted for trafficking more than 200kg of cocaine in Canada.

On Monday, officers swooped on a condominium in the Huai Kwang district of Bangkok and arrested Canadian Khamla Wong.

Immigration officers told reporters that Wong is thought to have been on the run in Thailand since 2012, having fled his native Canada when other members of his crime network were arrested by Canadian authorities for drug trafficking and possession of illegal weapons.

Police in Canada say Wong was part of a major drug dealing operation which spanned two continents and involved the smuggling of a large amount of narcotics between British Columbia, California, Mexico and Peru.

Wong was reportedly found to be in possession of a counterfeit Thai ID card which he bought for 500,000 Baht, and which he subsequently used to successfully apply for a Thai passport. Using the passport, he travelled in and out of Thailand on 14 separate occasions.

Immigration chief Pol Lt. Gen Nathathorn Prousoontorn also confirmed that a Chinese national, Mr Yang Fang was arrested with Wong and the pair were found to be in possession of 259 ecstasy tablets.

Both men have been charged with drug possession. Mr Wong is due to be extradited back to Canada.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-16

Don't these drug dealers ever have enough? Do they just keep spending and wanting more? I am not sad they got caught and stopped. It just seems that they always are multi million this, multi million that. I guess they have expenses or a lifestyle they want to maintain. I question the statement "his native Canada", although it certainly is possible he was born in Canada.

550,000 baht is an awful lot of money to pay for a counterfeit Thai license. Perhaps he should have stuck to buying a stolen passport or a fake one.

Why come to Thailand if he knew he was a wanted criminal? There are many other countries that would have loved his money and don't have extradition. Well, he partied hard her I am sure. Now he will spend the rest of his days with only men at his side. Good riddance.

550,000 baht is an awful lot of money to pay for a counterfeit Thai license. Perhaps he should have stuck to buying a stolen passport or a fake one.

Why come to Thailand if he knew he was a wanted criminal? There are many other countries that would have loved his money and don't have extradition. Well, he partied hard her I am sure. Now he will spend the rest of his days with only men at his side. Good riddance.

He paid the money for fake ID ! which enabled him to gain a fake- real Thai passport ! which he used 14 times !

If you buy a fake/stolen passport, it would be wise to use it in countries OTHER than where it was (supposedly) issued, and where its lack of legitimacy is almost sure to be recognised.

OTOH if your faked ID card is good enough to get you a real passport, there is no reason for Immigration to question the passport's legitimacy.

Edited by halloween

It wasnt a Thai license it was a Thai ID, not the same thing and would venture it wasnt a fake Thai ID, but a real one with his details on and thats why is was 550k Edited by Bobotie

It wasnt a Thai license it was a Thai ID, not the same thing and would venture it wasnt a fake Thai ID, but a real one with his details on and thats why is was 550k

That was my take too. And if they are smart they will give him leniency to go after the people selling real Thai ID cards to criminals. That should be the real story because that enables really bad people to run around this country without worry. No ISIS here though.

I would agree that the Thai I.D. was real, just the details on it were fake but 500,000 is super expensive. Normally the real I.D. cards sell for around 25,000 baht, I know because I knew some Burmese who purchased them.

As Mr.Wong was born in Laos I presume he could speak Lao as well as Thai making it easy for him to blend in but he could have hidden in Lao forever.

Waiting for the 'just legalise it' brigade to wake up.

There's a huge difference between legalizing possession for personal use and legalizing sale or smuggling. However, I don't expect the reactionary right wing to understand why libertarians support legalization of possession.

Don't these drug dealers ever have enough? Do they just keep spending and wanting more? I am not sad they got caught and stopped. It just seems that they always are multi million this, multi million that. I guess they have expenses or a lifestyle they want to maintain. I question the statement "his native Canada", although it certainly is possible he was born in Canada.

" I question the statement "his native Canada", although it certainly is possible he was born in Canada."

Khamla Wong, aka Khamla Siharaj is a Lao born landed immigrant to Canada. Canada has revoked his passport.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Accused+international+drug+smuggler+believed+hiding+Asia+Europe/11333190/story.html

Edited by ratcatcher

If you buy a fake/stolen passport, it would be wise to use it in countries OTHER than where it was (supposedly) issued, and where its lack of legitimacy is almost sure to be recognised.

OTOH if your faked ID card is good enough to get you a real passport, there is no reason for Immigration to question the passport's legitimacy.

But if you have money, where is more fun than Bangkok? Singapore?

" I question the statement "his native Canada", although it certainly is possible he was born in Canada."

Khamla Wong, aka Khamla Siharaj is a Lao born landed immigrant to Canada. Canada has revoked his passport.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Accused+international+drug+smuggler+believed+hiding+Asia+Europe/11333190/story.html

I recently read that about 50% of British Columbians (Western Canada) are of Asian ethnicity.

Waiting for the 'just legalise it' brigade to wake up.

There's a huge difference between legalizing possession for personal use and legalizing sale or smuggling. However, I don't expect the reactionary right wing to understand why libertarians support legalization of possession.

There is also a huge difference between legalising and decriminalising - making possession and use a health issue rather than a criminal issue.

I recently read that about 50% of British Columbians (Western Canada) are of Asian ethnicity.

It might appear that way since there are huge numbers of Chinese and Indian (Sikh) immigrants in B.C.but doesn't seem to be the case.

Here is a breakdown

100%.

Ethnic Origin Population Percent English 1,207,245 29.63% Scottish 828,145 20.32% Canadian 720,200 17.67% Irish 618,120 15.17% German 561,570 13.78% Chinese 432,435 10.60% French 361,215 8.86% Indian 232,370 5.70% Ukrainian 197,265 4.84% Dutch (Netherlands) 196,420 4.82% North American Indian 193,060 4.74% Italian 143,155 3.51% Norwegian 129,420 3.18% Polish 128,360 3.15% Russian 114,105 2.80% Welsh 104,275 2.56% Swedish 104,025 2.55%

wiki.

Jealous, are we???