Savannakhet

Hi all,

I'm going to get a new Non O marriage visa in Savannakhet, I will take the following documents, could you please help me with the following.

Application form and 2 photos

Original marriage certificate

Copy of marriage certificate - does this need to be front and back and who needs to sign this me, my wife or both?

Copy of photo page in my passport - signed by me

Copy of wife's I.D - signed by her

Wife's blue house book - signed by her

Is this everthing? I have heard of a Kor Lor 2 confirming marriage, is this required?

Regards Lee

Hi all,

I'm going to get a new Non O marriage visa in Savannakhet, I will take the following documents, could you please help me with the following.

Copy of marriage certificate - does this need to be front and back and who needs to sign this me, my wife or both?

Is this everthing? I have heard of a Kor Lor 2 confirming marriage, is this required?

Regards Lee

need a photo for the Laos visa too
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Regards Lee

need a photo for the Laos visa too

Oh yeah, slipped my mind, thanks Frits

You might want to avoid going on the Monday. Pretty busy that day.

The OP should make sure he gets an early bus. I was there two weeks ago, big queue there, waited about 50 mins.

When I first joined the queue, only about 5 mins later a few more joined. I don't know where they all came from, certainly

not from the same bus.

Remember the Consulate stops taking passports etc at 11 am, miss that and you will have two nights in Laos.

I met someone there it happened to.

I was there two weeks ago, I did not make a copy of my Laos visa and they never asked for a copy and I got my 1 year multi marriage without a problem. even if they ask the photocopy shop is right there next to the consulate.

One tip is going half an hour to 45 minutes after the consulate opens their doors. The Indian guy running the guesthouse where i stayed recommended doing that to avoid the often unpleasant queuing in front of the door. He was right, there were only two people ahead of me at the window and no mobs to stand around in the sun with. Same for visa collection, going a little while after they open and its so much more relaxed and stress free.

I really liked staying at Pilgrim Kitchen guest house. Opened just 5 months ago and clean, cheap and very friendly, tho a clear backpacker vibe that some on here don't like. Excellent reasonably priced food from the kitchen. They've done a nice job of renovating an old French colonial house so quit nice and great location near the square where there is now a fairly good night market and place to stroll around in the evening. Its far from the consulate, but right in central Savanakhet. The manager will call a samlor to take you out to the consulate and its below the sidewalk rates, good guy too, he'll wait for you and take you back to the guesthouse. The rooms are 800 baht/night for the huge rooms, 500 or 600 for much smaller rooms.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman