Cheapest fastest way to transfer larger amounts...

What is the cheapest way to transfer about 5 million thb from kbank to bkk bank?

I know taking cash out of one atm and lodging it in another is free but that would take too long at 20k per withdrawl

K-mobile banking has a limit of 50k and a 35thb charge and the staff said the max is 50k per time and there is no way to send it all in one transaction

If I drive into town and do it in the branch can they do 5 mil in 1 transaction and how much would that cost in fees?

K-mobile banking (third option when selecting the transfer type):

Account crediting within 2 business days

For "Now" Transfers: (Requests can be submitted 24 hours a day)

If you submit a transaction before 10.00 PM on a business day, your payee will receive the money on the second business day after that business day.
If you submit a transaction either after 10.00 PM on a business day or anytime on a bank holiday, your payee will receive the money on the second business day after the Bank deducts money from your account.

Example: if the transaction date is Friday, the money will be deposited to the payee's account on next Tuesday (if there is no bank holiday except Saturday and Sunday).

For "Scheduled" Transfer :

** The Scheduled Transfer Date must be set to a business day only; your payee will receive the money on the second business day after the scheduled transfer date.

Transfer Fee:
- 12 Baht per transaction for amount less than or equal to 2,000,000 Baht.

As for e-banking, I had to fill out a form to get my limit raised to 5 million, I think before that it was 50,000 baht.

However, for same-day transfers my limit is still 50,000 baht so I have to use the “next business day” option, which I think is what falang07 was also trying to say.

I can’t find the reference now, but I read on BOT’s site that transfers of 50,000 baht and up require verification of the beneficiary, so I have assumed that the “next business day” is so that the bank have time to comply with regulations (e.g. requesting information from the receiving bank before sending the money).

Archived