Sunday Roast - East Pattaya

Hel123

I quite like the Starlight bar: 150B.

There's certainly no shortage of places doing it though, and even if you try a different one every week many of them will have changed hands or changed menu before you get round to trying them again.

I can recommend 2 for you. The best is at Suggestions. It's located on Patanakarn Road, which, unfortunately, is under heavy construction right now; so it's a slow uncomfortable ride to get there. This is the road that parallels Sukhumvit, running from near the east end of Nernplubwarn (Muslim Road) to the road that forks into Soi 87 and Soi 89, going up to Sukhumvit.

Suggestions restaurant is owned by partners Yotin (Thai) and Edwn (Belgian). Both are excellent, formally trained chefs. The Sunday Roast is priced at a very reasonable 295 bt., considering the quantity and quality of what you get.

The other place is The Courtyard. It's located on Nongprue Road, about 100 meters south of the intersection with Soi Siam CC Road. The only intersection east of the RR tracks with a traffic light. Again, good quantity and quality of food. Just not quite as high on the quality end as is Suggestions, IMO.

Both places have a comfortable, upscale ambiance, with air con. Both offer indoor and outdoor seating, if you're able to enjoy the heat at this time of year. (I'm not.) The roasts are the usual options of beef, pork, lamb or chicken; with roasted and mashed potatoes, veggies, and Yorkshire pudding. Suggestions starts their roast at about noon; The Courtyard at 1:00.

Chill Bar Nernpabwan on l.h.s 200 mts or so before you get to Vientiene Rostaurant. Was excellent but I heard on the grapevine that it has changed hands and may not be as good. 150bht up depending on what you choose. Tropicana Restaurant Soi Khao Noi a bit more expensive but very good also.

Suggestions is on the right side, about 1.5 kms from Nernplubwarn. It looks like a large yellow house, set back off the road. You drive into the dirt parking lot, and can park behind the restaurant. The road is now blocked at the intersection just beyond Suggestions. As I said earlier, the road is in terrible shape right now. Passable, but with short detours around the active construction spots. Dirt all the way from Nernplubwarn to Suggestions. But, IMO, worth the inconvenience for the food, and the indoor ambiance.

Suggestions is on the right side, about 1.5 kms from Nernplubwarn. It looks like a large yellow house, set back off the road. You drive into the dirt parking lot, and can park behind the restaurant. The road is now blocked at the intersection just beyond Suggestions. As I said earlier, the road is in terrible shape right now. Passable, but with short detours around the active construction spots. Dirt all the way from Nernplubwarn to Suggestions. But, IMO, worth the inconvenience for the food, and the indoor ambiance.

I live quite close to there, but have never tried it. The outside and the colour kind of put me off.

Tropical Berts Khao Noi. Great value, huge portions. If you can get a smile out of the owner then that would be a bonus.

Agree the food at the Tropical Bar is great and the owner always has a lovely smile for me. Nice lady.

I'll definitely be going back - Got there late this week 4.30pm

'Nifty' seems a nice guy and was saying best get there before 3pm.

Now I know where Niftys is located if anyone can recommend other bars to try it'd be great if you could use Niftys location as the starting point as I don't know East Pattaya well - Yet ?

• 6 months later...
Anyone comment on the Mediterranean Garden Resort's Sunday roast?

Not been for several months but it was excellent last time i had it and would rate it as one of the best in Pattaya though.for me, Punch and Judy has a very slight edge on it.

If you have kids you can sit outside and they can play in the pool or the have two indoor a/c areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to Mediterranean Resort since it has been a few months since i last tried their Sunday roast and have to say it was not as outstanding as my previous visit though very good non the less. Plus points would be it is served in a large yorkshire pud and had brussell sprouts (3) but no stuffing, cauliflower cheese or pigs in blankets and also no chicken option which disappointed my daughter.

Also had slight problem with order which took too long to sort out so i had finished my meal before my wife's had even arrived.