Krabi/Ao Nang Questions

baansgr

Thinking of relocating so some info would be greatly appreciated befor coming to have a look.

Accommodation,cost of small one bed bungalow to rent, have car and bike but would prefer close to Ao Nang

Immigration, am lucky at HH but is it OK there, not queuse like CM

Foreign foodstuffs, Makro, Lotus, Tops etc, do they exist

Climate when is rainy season and how bad does it get.

Any gyms, freeweights and few fixed weights is enough

Crime, is property safe or need to be compounded

Cost of living

Internet is a necessity for me, is 3BB there

At pointers welcome

Thinking of relocating so some info would be greatly appreciated befor coming to have a look.

Accommodation,cost of small one bed bungalow to rent, have car and bike but would prefer close to Ao Nang

8-12,000

They are excellent here

We have a small Tesco Lotus, many 7/11 and a new Makro opening in the 25th.

Krabi town has a big Tesco Lotus, a Big C and another Makro.

Rainy season (green season) starts about April until November. Normally rains for a couple of hours during the evening. Do have the odd few days where we have localised flooding but not often.

'Push' gym has various cardio machines and free weights. But make sure you get a locals card from them to get local prices.

Depends where you are in town. Low season has more crime as there is less work available and always lock your scooter.

Cost of living

Very reasonable food, but beer prices start about 100baht in a bar

They have most internet providers but I have found True to be the best, also have 4G true in most of the town

At pointers welcome

Avoid Ao Nang Krabi locals Facebook page. One of the admins is like a South American dictator with rules for everything. Best described by someone recently as "the peeping Tom of the Internet" !

He is well known for blatantly lying about facts or his importance and making up shock stories to scare people, volcano, earthquakes, Impending Tsunami etc.

8-12,000

They are excellent here

We have a small Tesco Lotus, many 7/11 and a new Makro opening in the 25th.

Krabi town has a big Tesco Lotus, a Big C and another Makro.

Rainy season (green season) starts about April until November. Normally rains for a couple of hours during the evening. Do have the odd few days where we have localised flooding but not often.

'Push' gym has various cardio machines and free weights. But make sure you get a locals card from them to get local prices.

Depends where you are in town. Low season has more crime as there is less work available and always lock your scooter.

Cost of living

Very reasonable food, but beer prices start about 100baht in a bar

They have most internet providers but I have found True to be the best, also have 4G true in most of the town

At pointers welcome

Avoid Ao Nang Krabi locals Facebook page. One of the admins is like a South American dictator with rules for everything. Best described by someone recently as "the peeping Tom of the Internet" !

He is well known for blatantly lying about facts or his importance and making up shock stories to scare people, volcano, earthquakes, Impending Tsunami etc.

Thanks for such informed info, really appreciated, will be there end of next week and looking forward to it. Thanks again

This is from https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Ao_Nang#Understand

"One of Ao Nang's drawbacks is that Ao Nang Beach and Nopparat Thara Beach are crummy beaches, certainly not beaches worth flying thousands of miles to visit. The Rai Leh Peninsula has superior—but crowded—beaches, but to get there you are dependent on the local longtail boat cartel which will charge you 100 baht to get there."

If you have more open-ended questions, please direct them to Grumpy Old Man.

Yes, please do, as I am not French I tend to be more a helpful sort of person.

Disagree with Hat Napparat being a crummy beach. No way, not during high season anyway. Sand is decent and a great day trip is to take lunch in a backpack and at a low tide hike as far as you can into the National Park. It's beautiful there.

Razzler1973, tons of hotels and accomodations within 2km of either beaches.

Had a few days and looked around, found accommodation was lacking compared to HH and seemed a bit more expensive so any pointers there would be great.Given a bit more time I may have been able to find something. Everything else seems the ideal place for me. Many thanks for all the constructive replies. Get Songran out the way and a few things to tie up here ready to move.

Had a few days and looked around, found accommodation was lacking compared to HH and seemed a bit more expensive so any pointers there would be great.Given a bit more time I may have been able to find something. Everything else seems the ideal place for me. Many thanks for all the constructive replies. Get Songran out the way and a few things to tie up here ready to move.

Did you look on the road that goes from Ao Nang to Khlong Muang?

Head straight out of Ao Nang, past Up Bakery (great sandwiches there!) end of road go left, two kms do the right on a little soi, there is a sign that says Khlong Muang, make a right on the next road and there are all sorts of houses around there.

Nice area too as you can easily get to Napparat or Khlong Muang even on a bicycle.

Head straight out of Ao Nang, past Up Bakery (great sandwiches there!) end of road go left, two kms do the right on a little soi, there is a sign that says Khlong Muang, make a right on the next road and there are all sorts of houses around there.

Nice area too as you can easily get to Napparat or Khlong Muang even on a bicycle.

I didn't so will definitely look at that. Cheers

I didn't so will definitely look at that. Cheers

While there don't miss the chicken-bacon-cheese on chibata at U&P Bakery. Super good.

I do like to cook my own food but the chibata has got my mouth watering Are they open daily? What else do they offer

Take the honey mustard on the chicken bacon sandwich, yum. All sorts of sandwiches and burgers reasonably priced.

It's a wholesale bakery so takeaway breads and pastries, I think a lot of the local restaurants take bread from them.

Also on that same road which is just outside Ao Nang, I think there are a lot of small sois with rental houses, have some lunch then cruise around that area.

Archived