Nida Poll says people support fully-appointed Thai Senate

webfact

Nida Poll says people support fully-appointed Senate

nidapoll-wpcf_728x4131-2-wpcf_728x413-wp

BANGKOK: -- More than half of the respondents to the Nida Poll support the proposal for fully-appointed Senate and members of the National Council for Peace and Order to be named senators during the five-year transitional period.

Nida Poll of the National Institute Development Administration surveyed the opinions of 1,250 people of different walks of life during March 14-15 on the junta’s proposal of appointed Senate, senatorial status for junta members and some members of the National Reform Steering Assembly.

The poll shows 52.08 percent support fully-appointed Senate against 40.64 percent who disagree claiming senators should be elected. 51.36 percent support some NRSA members to be appointed senators against 44.64 percent who disagree.

53.76 percent support some members of the National Legislative Assembly to sit in the Senate against 36.72 percent who disagree.

Nida Poll also conducted opinion survey of 801 samples on the proposal for the five military top brass and the national police chief to be made ex-officio senators. The poll shows 49.31 percent support the proposal against 42.07 percent who disagree.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/155939

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-21

Just read the "notable alumni" on the Wikipedia page of NIDA.

Its a "who's who" of Thailand's exceptional former and current leaders. I can only imagine the standard of education delivered.

Even at 50% it seems like BS but I imagine not many people are thinking about the senate, or care at all about who sits on there. It is going to be a very long time before anyone from outside of the power block has any access to power. So the senate might as well be a rubber stamp.

I guess, I know, how a "work meeting" at NIDA looks like and I assume, it involves a serious amount of alcohol, drugs and hookers!

Otherwise, I have no idea, how they come up with this BS and expect anyone to believe it!

Apparently NIDA got some feedback from the government with its December 2015 poll and came up with this new poll.

Results of the NIDA December 2015 poll: 72.16% want senators to represent all groups of stakeholders and only 9% to represent all professional groups.

52% is not exactly AB overwhelming majority. Surprised they didn't inflate the positive numbers.... Or maybe they already did!

That would be my guess. At this point in time only djjamie and a dozen others in the whole of Thailand actually believe these "poll" numbers - certainly not the guys orchestrating these junta propaganda events.

not even worth commenting

Now I know what you mean, but what is remarkable is the slapstick way they are rig- begpardon, 'reforming' the electoral system and hoping nobody notices. They must really take people for simpletons.

Nida Poll of the National Institute Development Administration surveyed the opinions of 1,250 people of different walks of life during March 14-15 ...

There is no pretense of a statistically representative sample.

I continue to chuckle at the numbers carried out to the hundredth percentage. I am 99.99% certain the pollsters at NIDA don't know why this is ridiculous.