90 day reporting by mail. o.k. to submit barcode only

i would think for the little amount of extra work to submit full documentation would be a lot less grief than having a refusal/docs returned

some io have been known for (letter of the law syndrome) why invite hassle into your life thumbsup.gif

For mail, Amnat request copies of;

Passport homepage.

Current extension.

Last entry stamp.

TM6

Last 90 day report receipt.

Landlords ID card and Tabian Baan.

Other offices may vary.

why do you say "other offices may vary" doesn't all 90 day by mail, go to the same address?

Passport homepage.

Current extension.

Last entry stamp.

TM6

Other offices may vary.

why do you say "other offices may vary" doesn't all 90 day by mail, go to the same address?
No

Passport homepage.

Current extension.

Last entry stamp.

TM6

Other offices may vary.

They do not all go the same office. They can only be sent to the designated office for where you are living.

I've used the 90 reporting online my last 3 times,,, it worked fine,,,, you MUST use Internet Explorer,,, print. or take a pic of the bar code, get the email,, back to the site, select "check status" enter bar code number,, on "approved" page, select the 2nd clickable option, "View next date",, (or similar),,, print out,,,, was very easy,,,,,

This is not correct at Jomtien.

I have always taken a full set of documents every 90 days for the last 14 years.

Last time I watched the Immigration Officer who flashed the bar code up to his computer and handed me back the documents. It has always been the same man each time.

Last week, I went in at 10.30am, my number was already up on the screen. He lifted his hand to me, took my passport, detached the 90 day form, flashed it, gave me the new form, smiled, and I was out in 51 seconds -no documents but super service.

This is not correct at Jomtien.

I have always taken a full set of documents every 90 days for the last 14 years.

Last time I watched the Immigration Officer who flashed the bar code up to his computer and handed me back the documents. It has always been the same man each time.

Last week, I went in at 10.30am, my number was already up on the screen. He lifted his hand to me, took my passport, detached the 90 day form, flashed it, gave me the new form, smiled, and I was out in 51 seconds -no documents but super service.

Topic is about doing 90 day reports by mail not in person.

Just got mine back from CWattana. All I usually send is (never had a problem) .......

· Photocopy of the following passport pages which show the:

* photo

* visa extension stamp

* stamp of the last entry into Thailand

* current re-entry permit (if applicable)

· Photocopy of departure card (front and back)

· Original previous 90 days slip (keep a photocopy at home)

· 90 days form (TM 47)

· SAE with B5 stamp

what exactly do you have to submit by mail as my 90 day report is dueon 2nd April?

I would be grateful for the full information fror Chiangmai which now has 2 offices!

Ron

My pinned topic in the CM forum - 90 Day Report - Procedures

Just noticed your due date. They require it to be mailed at least 15 days before the due date.

Can't speak for Chiang Mai but I have mailed a 90 day on a Saturday morning by EMS in the past and it has been received at the Imm office the following Monday morning. 15 days for an EMS letter is fantasy if it is going by road.

Can't speak for Chiang Mai but I have mailed a 90 day on a Saturday morning by EMS in the past and it has been received at the Imm office the following Monday morning. 15 days for an EMS letter is fantasy if it is going by road.

EMS to CM immigration takes no more than one day. My most recent one sent in the morning and tracking shows it arrived in the afternoon. However it took 9 days for them to process and return it. Members are showing delayed delivery for a while now. This form is supplied now with the return receipt. It is simply a copy/paste from the Bangkok Immigration website.

post-566-0-93671400-1458804682_thumb.jpg

Well thanks to all for the advice, With all due respect, I decided to ignore it. If I was wrong I lost 19 baht in postage and, I still had enough time to go in person if need be.

Chiefly my reason is , in Jomtien it is evident that the i.o.'s are happy to scan the barcode. It saves them a ton of time. All those papers and copies need to be filed and 'checked' for accuracy. If a mistake is made, they might be blamed for it; With the barcode, if anything goess wrong, it's not their fault.

If the barcode saves them a lot of hassle in person, why wouldn't it save them a lot of hassle by mail ?.

I mailed it in, March 24, and a new barcode receipt of notification was received by me today.

Also,the guy at the P.O. just put a 3 baht stamp on the return envelope, and later I thought I recalled the website said to use a 10 baht stamp.

So all in all , it was 16 baht for the registered mail, and 3 for the return, tho next time, i'd probably go 10 baht to be sure.