Farang and Thai love pics amidst the rice fields of Isaan go viral on Facebook!

webfact

good professional photos, happy couple.

but why, on this forum, it turns into a tide of speculation.

where, did they meet, what was her employment history, is she a scammer, who cares?

if for some strange reason, someone posted a photo, of my wife sitting next to me, while i drink a leo, enjoying the twilight over the rice fields,

it would start a group of posts, by people, making comments, who dont know us

raunchy photos, not to most westerners, but too thais maybe, but look at what smut, some thai 20 yr somethings,post of themselves on social media.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very professional photos that are staged and posed. with a hired model. Maybe I will do the same and send to my friends in the states. smile.png

Very astute of you to notice the professional photographers logo on every picture but, so what?

Which one, in your infinitive wisdom, do you think is the "hired model"?

The buffalo.

Yes, nice looking pics, maybe just an okay looking couple..

But to make it more realistic, get a Thai girl wearing the same style of clothing, 5-10 years younger. Then add 40 Kgs to the farang and add 20 - 25 years to his age.

Remove the 2 Buffalo, replace with 2 young Thai men with a bottle of Whiskey.

Then add a photo of farang getting on a jet plane going home.. Then add a photo of the same Thai girl dressed in Soi 6 attire, working at Lisa's bar meeting her new farang customer..

Oh dear, I think you have been here too long! There is a nice side to Thailand if you stay out of the bars.

The negativity here is truly astounding! Ever heard of the benefit of the doubt?

Additionally, you may want to consider that the Thai legal system takes public defamation of character extremely seriously and regularly dishes out enormous fines, not to mention custodial sentences. If that was my lady you called a buffalo, amongst other things, I’d drag your old cynical, hateful asses into court in an instance!

Like everywhere else on this planet, Thailand has its good points as well as it’s bad, and it would serve you well to remember that!

He is not kissing her. He is sniffing her cheek which is totally acceptable. The paper trying to stir up crap again. As for the oldies in Isaan not liking the photos I think it will be with jealous hearts. They do not seem to have a problem sending their daughters to Pattaya to sell their asses, so they can walk around the village showing the gold. Bloody hypocrites as far as I am concerned. Only thing I thought wrong was him dressing in traditional Thai clothes. Do not get that at all. Each to their own though. I thought the photos were fantastic. Love to do something like that with the missus but with decent shorts and nice t-shirt.

very professional photos that are staged and posed. with a hired model. Maybe I will do the same and send to my friends in the states. smile.png

Very astute of you to notice the professional photographers logo on every picture but, so what?

Which one, in your infinitive wisdom, do you think is the "hired model"?

The buffalos, of course.

The negativity here is truly astounding! Ever heard of the benefit of the doubt?

Additionally, you may want to consider that the Thai legal system takes public defamation of character extremely seriously and regularly dishes out enormous fines, not to mention custodial sentences. If that was my lady you called a buffalo, amongst other things, I’d drag your old cynical, hateful asses into court in an instance!

Like everywhere else on this planet, Thailand has its good points as well as it’s bad, and it would serve you well to remember that!

There is only doubt so they can vent their spleens about an average looking guy finding a beautiful girl - it only takes one 3 clicks to find out what uni she graduated from, what employer she's been with since October 2010 and even her position there. The information is publicly available and easy to find, but knowing that would preclude one from making vile accusations (no doubt based on their own sad personal experiences).

I read all the posts but I cant see the one who called the girl in the photos a buffalo.

First up, I think the photos are lovely and wish the couple all the best in their future. They show the simplicity of the real Thailand away from go-go bars, tourist traps and the general debauchery found in certain small areas of any country in the world.

Now, to the ThaiVisa -sour- bitter and twisted-p1ssed up-I hate everything Thai crowd! You have truly outdone yourselves!

So many negative comments about these great pictures that the couple obviously are very proud of. Yes, we don't know what the future holds for the couple but we should be hopeful that they will enjoy a long and happy life together. Instead you are already salivating at the thought that it's doomed to failure and she's a gold digging conniving murderess trying to lure him to a balcony.

You experts have been able to take even this nice story and turn it into an opportunity for your Thai-bashing with comments about- the bride's motives, the intelligence of the groom, the traditional foods of Isaan, the bride's looks and colour, the farang's looks, whether it's a hoax or not and of course the "all Thai women are meat for sale" chestnut.
I really feel sorry for those of you who are so sour and embittered about Thailand that you can never find a good word to say (in print) anything positive. I say "in print" because I would guess you're too gutless to say it out loud to any Thai's or happy farangs and you probably don't get to meet many from your barstool anyway.

Why have you left your Utopian homelands to live here? Oh, it must be to educate those primitive locals on all the great things you've left behind and miss so much right? To show them just how much better your pathetic brand of farangness is than your banal oft quoted Thainess (resplendent with inverted commas of course)

Your racism is disgusting. Maybe if you could drag yourself out of the brothels and bars you obviously frequent to garner your less than encyclopedic insight into the Thai mindset, culture, history and Thailand itself, you might have a better idea of the country you made a conscious decision to reside in.

My wife has darker skin, is from Isaan, cooks Traditional, local delicacies including jinglit, takatan and others, is from a poor rice farming family, owns a couple of buffaloes, very rarely asks for more than housekeeping money and what money i give her for herself each month and is a fantastic mother to our 2 1/2 year old son. I couldn't be happier.

After nearly 12 years living here, i'm not ignorant of the negative sides of the country and the social issues it faces. However, unlike the sad sacks of human detritus that continually denigrate Thailand and its people, I focus on the positives.

I've never been one to say it before, but I am left with no choice now: If you hate the country and it's people so much, why don't you simply go elsewhere. If you're unsure of where to go, might I suggest Hell

Rant over and my apology to those who aren't of the TVSoS ilk.

why did he have his shirt off in all the photos?

does seem to be mocking thai culture a bit

my guess is it was a stupid suggestion by the thai photographer (as usual)

An why is ur shirt off in ur fantasy photo?

Because he is wearing traditional Thai clothes. How can that be mocking the culture?

raunchy photos, not to most westerners, but too thais maybe,

No, not to Thais either. The article in the original post is complete tripe. Super awkward actually; they're nice photos that went viral, due to them being nice photos and different from a usual pre-wedding shoot.

If Thaivisa will be writing their own content they really need to find a clue somewhere, or stick to just linking stuff.

Here's a clue, 100,000 positive reactions, zero negative.

post-64232-0-37244800-1458780284_thumb.j

Additional implement that may be required:

post-64232-0-96840300-1458780325_thumb.p

Please can you enlighten us all because I cannot find the post that called the lady in the photo a buffalo. Maybe you have misread the post?

Can you please advise who called the girl in the photos a buffalo as I have checked all the posts and cannot find it.

Can you please advise who called the girl in the photos a buffalo as I have checked all the posts and cannot find it.

Sorry, my mistake, misunderstood the ambiguous post.

Correcting myself, it would seem that the various posts refer to him as the fat buffalo and she's the ugly, Isan girl on the make!

Kind’a splitting hairs is it not? And without doubt serious defamation of character.

I was invited to a wedding some years ago in a Christian church in Pattaya.The bride was the daughter of a colleague of mine and the son was working at the BKK,Pattaya hospital.Very weird.She entered the church wearing the traditional wedding dress(and i swear this is true)and dealer boots,also she was playing an electric guitar!!.The groom was attired in traditional suit and tie,but he had a microphone and sang her up the aisle.At the 'do' after the ceremony(it was held in a huge hall)We all had to sit for two hours watching films and photographs of the blissful couple,these comprised of going way back to when they were kids in the Philippines.The guests 'oooed and awwwed'at every picture,very much like the ones here,all photographically staged. .There was a band on the stage playing music to every photo and film(showed on a big screen)It showed them walking up a sunny lane,him catching a butterfly and giving it to her.Him on one knee proposing and all the other kind of mushy shit.I was getting fed up with this(we hadn't even had a drink yet)We sat through two hours of sickening,happiness,with a band to boot.At the end they both sang at each other,confessing their love and loyalty for ever.That done,the crowd leapt into rapturous applause.We ate and drank some wine.There was no beer or spirits.We did all this whilst photos were being shown on a screen on the stage.He was 24 she,22.We got all the 'how much in love they were' and how they would be together for ever.The mother(my colleague was in tears all the time) The father was stoney faced,never smiled.This wedding must have cost them a fortune.And i have to admit,she was a beautiful Fillopina,and he was a good looking guy.But i digress.

I saw my colleague 2 years later in the Mc Donalds in Patts,i asked her how the happy couple were,and was there any kids yet.

My colleague admitted that her daughter(the bride)Had recently run off with an oil rigger from Machester,due to the fact that her husband had found a new love,a male nurse at the BKK Patts hospital.

I am not reporting this to try and get a laugh,but it would seem that, it doesn't matter how many Photo's you get done or how much time is spent watching the child hood history of two people 'born to be together'.Celluloid does not a happy marriage make.

Additionally, you may want to consider that the Thai legal system takes public defamation of character extremely seriously and regularly dishes out enormous fines, not to mention custodial sentences. If that was my lady you called a buffalo, amongst other things, Id drag your old cynical, hateful asses into court in an instance!

Like everywhere else on this planet, Thailand has its good points as well as its bad, and it would serve you well to remember that!

You obviously havent lived in Thailand very long...typically when one calls someone a buffalo, it a male they are referring to, to unless the "young lady" is in fact a ladyboy, then you may have a point but...no body has called her a buffalo

As to your threats of court...no you wouldnt, and of course if you did the person concerned will counter sue for you referring to them as an "old cynical, hateful <deleted>", as you have just publically defiled someone as well...woops...so maybe less of the silly bravado

Given your self proclaimed knowlege of the Thai legal system, could you please direct me to a previous defamation case where someone was charged, convicted and then jailed for calling someone a buffalo ?

Additionally, you may want to consider that the Thai legal system takes public defamation of character extremely seriously and regularly dishes out enormous fines, not to mention custodial sentences. If that was my lady you called a buffalo, amongst other things, Id drag your old cynical, hateful asses into court in an instance!

Like everywhere else on this planet, Thailand has its good points as well as its bad, and it would serve you well to remember that!

You obviously havent lived in Thailand very long...typically when one calls someone a buffalo, it a male they are referring to, to unless the "young lady" is in fact a ladyboy, then you may have a point but...no body has called her a buffalo

As to your threats of court...no you wouldnt, and of course if you did the person concerned will counter sue for you referring to them as an "old cynical, hateful <deleted>", as you have just publically defiled someone as well...woops...so maybe less of the silly bravado

Originally came here in the Royal Navy back in 81, full time since 97.

Already amended my error, it was the gentleman who was referred to as the buffalo. As a matter of point, Kwai is the worst insult a Thai can say to another Thai, and has no sexual prejudice, male or female, no matter. When you’ve been here a while, you’ll be more aware of these things.

As to my threats of litigation, yes, I most certainly would! Could always use a nice free chunk of change.

As for counter suing, my point was a generalisation, and not an individual affront. Therefore without grounds to counter sue.

Nice talking with you…

9 pages of posts on these few harmless photos of a couple holding hands in a rice field,, amazing !!

When a guy that is heir to a fortune, kills a cop speeding, and with multiple other charges, is slowly getting off, after 4 years and one charge already passed it's used by date.. there is hardly a comment !!!!

Archived