Thai police new 'Clear The Road' patrol praised by the public

webfact

So does this mean the garbage collectors will be chasing down the bad guys?? ???

Our local Amphur is the proud owner of a (rather old) fire engine. It is kept behind the Amphur offices.

The firemen are drawn from the crews of the dustcarts. The dustcarts have a radio link with the Amphur.

In the event of a fire you may well see the fire engine, driven energetically by a member of the Amphur staff, heading for the fire. Soon followed by the dustcarts, hurtling down the road, the crews hanging on to their perches for grim death!

I love this place sometimes!

smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Edited by JAG

It isn't the police's duty to clear the streets of rubbish...

Surely there are other, more pressing problems that need their attention...

Edited by djayz

in years past the cops would cleaar the roads of street vendors. etc. its ridiculous i have to walk in the street because vendors take up the sidewalks. do they pay cops to be thier

That's pure Thainess, at least there are not as many holes in the roads as in the sidewalks.thumbsup.gif

What they really need to be clearing in Pattaya are all the chairs, flower pots, traffic cones, trash cans, and other assorted items that are placed in the parking spaces on the public streets to 'reserve' them.

I wish they cleared pats from the mongers, wh0res, mobsters and...coppers. It could actually rebecome a Thai city then and not Disneyland for freaks... ?

Come on people for once the police are doing something useful.

Give them credit not ridicule.

For once no brown envelopes involved.

That we know of.

The Thais are ingenious when it comes to finding new ways to be currupt.

Rat Catcher I loved your addition to the picture, but I am glad to see

any effort to clean up debris and even garbage, it this is what it takes.

I saw a bit like this in Belize, but it was not the police, but a volunteer

group that was doing this around the town I was visiting.

Good for those guy in Bangkok. Thanks for the effort.

An article in the other paper from 1 August last year says that the "debris" that the coppers are collecting are actually objects placed by shop owners in front of their own shops, and that no sooner are these objects collected that replacement objects are put back.

It goes on to say that placing these objects on the streets is against traffic regulations, and that violators face a maximum fine of 500 baht (under the Land Traffic Act, section 114). There was no mention of these fines actually ever being imposed... Just how the coppers collect 40-50kg of objects each day. What's the definition of insanity again??

Of course the business community are up in arms because now their delivery drivers have to work harder, i.e. not park literally outside each and every drop-off, some have even quit.

Rat Catcher I loved your addition to the picture, but I am glad to see

any effort to clean up debris and even garbage, it this is what it takes.

I saw a bit like this in Belize, but it was not the police, but a volunteer

group that was doing this around the town I was visiting.

Good for those guy in Bangkok. Thanks for the effort.

When I was in Belize a bike like that, complete with uniformed driver, would have been a government limousine!!

Mind you that was 30+ years ago!

Edited by JAG