Showing off, will end in tears.

palace15

Yesterday as I sat having lunch at a local Thai stall on Nanai road Patong, there was a black guy on a Yellow, I believe Yamaha T Max machine who rode at a very high and dangerous speed up and down the same section of road (about 250 metres) 3 times, the guy in bright sunshine was wearing a black vest and helmet so I'm not sure what he was trying to blend in with, or who he was trying to impress.

Locals looked horrified as he kept blipping the throttle, I'm pretty sure he is NOT a regular biker but just another stupid farang with no licence trying to be a 'bigman' with his small Richard. People are quick to blame the motorcycle, if or rather when he loses control I just hope its in front of a truck and not some innocent local or tourist. Yes black guy, you are a tnuc (butchers know this word!!)

Welcome to Patong mate. The armpit of Phuket.

I always have a good laugh at the Phuket haters that post here (soon to follow roi percent) " I went to Phuket it totally sucks, full of idiots and rip-offs, spent a week in Patong".

Now, post #25 for you palace15, do you really think little Richard is going to see your post? My opinion is no, but I guess another ThaiVisa miracle (!), is the posting made you feel better, yes? Cyber-psychiatry offered here at TV. Donations accepted by George.

As an option, why not move away from Soi Nanai to somewhere more pleasant? Some inexpensive guesthouses back road Karon, just a suggestion, otherwise meet up with poster NamkangMan for a few more brews on Soi Nanaidrunk.gifbut be prepared for an ear chewing regarding public transport being the death of Phuket.

Lot of these younger big black 'French' guys at the south end of Nanai driving at speed on big PCX bikes. The locals don't like them at all. Just yeterday I talked with my water delivery guy who lives on Nanai and he was not at all happy with their behaviour and manners.

I always have a good laugh at the Phuket haters that post here (soon to follow roi percent) " I went to Phuket it totally sucks, full of idiots and rip-offs, spent a week in Patong".

Now, post #25 for you palace15, do you really think little Richard is going to see your post? My opinion is no, but I guess another ThaiVisa miracle (!), is the posting made you feel better, yes? Cyber-psychiatry offered here at TV. Donations accepted by George.

As an option, why not move away from Soi Nanai to somewhere more pleasant? Some inexpensive guesthouses back road Karon, just a suggestion, otherwise meet up with poster NamkangMan for a few more brews on Soi Nanaidrunk.gifbut be prepared for an ear chewing regarding public transport being the death of Phuket.

If Patong is the armpit of Phuket, I guess Rawai is the a**hole of Phuket.

Lot of these younger big black 'French' guys at the south end of Nanai driving at speed on big PCX bikes. The locals don't like them at all. Just yeterday I talked with my water delivery guy who lives on Nanai and he was not at all happy with their behaviour and manners.

Of course, no "white" guys would ever do such a thing. biggrin.png

Off topic NKM ... continue to troll else where ...

Off topic NKM ... continue to troll else where ...

Not trolling.

I see similar behavior from caucasian foreigners here on a regular basis.

This behavior on big bikes is not restricted to "big black 'French' guys."

The need to show off on big bikes here is across all nationalities.

Oh ouch (!), stop it tongue.png , look, Patong is horrible, Rawai (?) a whole lot nicer than Patong, we limit our obnoxious big bike riders to "God's waiting room" type citizens.

post-92090-0-11055000-1459066032_thumb.j

Oh ouch (!), stop it tongue.png , look, Patong is horrible, Rawai (?) a whole lot nicer than Patong, we limit our obnoxious big bike riders to "God's waiting room" type citizens.

attachicon.gifElderly moto rider.jpeg

Great photo. Looks like a typical old Cheap Charlie from Rawai who can't afford to feed himself. biggrin.png

Seems like you rattled NKM's cage with your comment about Patong GOM. passifier.gif

"This behavior on big bikes is not restricted to "big black 'French' guys." "

While this is clearly true there has been a marked increase in these clowns from N. Africa tearing through Kamala on their way to and from Laem Singh beach. There is reputedly a heavy drug scene going on there and the police are now setting up a regular road block and checking urine samples. A couple of weeks ago one of them hit a Thai guy and his kid who pulled out in front, as usual without looking. Had the African being travelling they could have taken evasive action.

"The locals don't like them at all."

No one does but this is where tourism in Phuket is heading. Expect more incidents like the one in Soi Sansabai the other day.

"This behavior on big bikes is not restricted to "big black 'French' guys." "

While this is clearly true there has been a marked increase in these clowns from N. Africa tearing through Kamala on their way to and from Laem Singh beach. There is reputedly a heavy drug scene going on there and the police are now setting up a regular road block and checking urine samples. A couple of weeks ago one of them hit a Thai guy and his kid who pulled out in front, as usual without looking. Had the African being travelling they could have taken evasive action.

"The locals don't like them at all."

No one does but this is where tourism in Phuket is heading. Expect more incidents like the one in Soi Sansabai the other day.

"there has been a marked increase in these clowns from N. Africa" - I have noticed a lot more of them here, but as you say, "this is where tourism in Phuket is heading."

Therefore, I think their poor behavior will continue to stand out more, especially as there becomes less and less European foreigners here.

Similar to the many recent Chinese drownings here. As the Chinese are the dominant tourist market here at the moment, I would expect them to be in the news, for all the wrong reasons, more than other nationalities.

When god gives Phuket an enema she's going to stick the tube in Rawai.

This sign always gives me a bit of giggles, when I ride to Rawai from Chalong. smile.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-03-28 13.10.06.png

https://goo.gl/maps/Wdm611YfD3U2

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. The main road turns sharp right along the front. Drive straight on and into the water. I remember a year or so ago some driver did indeed drive into the bay and drowned.

Edited by LivinginKata

This sign always gives me a bit of giggles, when I ride to Rawai from Chalong. smile.png

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. The main road turns sharp right along the front. Drive straight on and into the water. I remember a year or so ago some driver did indeed drive into the bay and drowned.

Yep! There are a few who have missed that turn and ended up in the water... Pretty amazing. I guess the pier looks like a road from the distance when you're driving way too fast.

Edited by Jimi007

Yep! There are a few who have missed that turn and ended up in the water... Pretty amazing. I guess the pier looks like a road from the distance when you're driving way too fast.

.......and I remember the one guy who died but female passenger miraculously lived it was 4:00AM and they had been boozing nonstop for more than 12 hours.

Darkness, a lot of alcohol, "turn, what turn"........blammmmmo !!

Hahaha! Rawai is declining for sure and the drivers here are no better ...

• 2 weeks later...

There was a story, forget where I read it, probably here.

Simillar escapades going on in Patong, rider came a cropper and slid down the road. The locals took the opportunity to add to his injuries by putting a few swift boots in the downed rider. They had been watching him parade up and down.

Trial by fire!

Edited by bodunchar