Not a good idea to try driving up the BTS steps in a Benz!

Jonathan Fairfield

Not a good idea to try driving up the BTS steps in a Benz!

Thaivisa Reporters

post-137452-0-08789000-1459088527_thumb.

Image: Khaosod.co.th

BANGKOK:-- A Korean man drove his brand new Mercedes Benz smack bang into the stairs of the Thong Lo BTS on Sunday morning. But he lived to tell the tale with barely a scratch, reports Thaivisa News.

He somehow managed to jump onto the footpath in the classy C300 destroying the front of the vehicle but suffered no injuries.

However, air bags deployed and he was found by a food seller starting her early morning rounds unconscious behind the wheel.

post-137452-0-22841900-1459088929_thumb.

Kumki Lee, around 30 years old, was taken to Bumrungrad hospital.

Phuang Phuangpila, 49, got the shock of her life when she pushed her food cart along the sidewalk at 6.30 am. The Benz was jammed into the damaged stairway.

The lights were on and the engine was running and the driver was "asleep" behind the wheel, she said.

Initial investigation revealed that the Benz had Class One insurance. Police suspect negligent driving but investigations continue before further action is taken.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-27

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Police suspect negligent driving but investigations continue before further action is taken."

Well - I suspect he was sh**faced drunk.

But really - how can you only suspect negligent driving when his car is wedged in the skytrain stairs? They waiting to see how wealthy he is when he finishes his nap?

Seems like an open and shut case to me. We need to get these drunken nuts off the road.

I remember once in a taxi about 4am going down Rama IV road - it looked like something out of Mad Max, the number of accidents. The mangled Tuk Tuk made me shiver...

Edited by pedro01

No problem, it is Thonglor where the son of Red Bull hit a policeman on his motorbike with his Ferrari and got away with it. Even if the case gets to court they will find that the Policeman reversed his motorbike into the Ferrari. Similarly, with the right lubrication to the wheels of justice, they will conclude that the BTS stairs jumped out in front of the Korean's Mercedes.

Merc drivers are doing some crazy things this month.

Maybe they are checking out the mercs safety features.gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Hell, I don't like walking up the stairs either. Install an escalator or people will drive up. My Honda bike just don't have the power.

Ahhh speed and proberly alcohol replace brains every time.I guess that he was trying to fit in with the rich locals.Hell this may get him a step up on permanent residency.Of course he did loose points because he didn't hit anyone.I hope that he had his "The gas peddle stuck and the breaks failed" story ready.

One day the insurance companies are going to click on about giving insurance policies out to young head cases with high powered autos.my daughters insurance quote was £4000 @17yrs on a fiat 1000cc.and she can drive and knows the hi way code.they think the difference between a continuous yellow centre line and a striped centre line is...they are saving paint..TIT

I like that everyone just assumes he was drunk without evidence.

How about the possibility he had a medical issue whilst driving, that caused him to go off the road?

Exactly, or swerved to avoid some crazy drunk youth on a motorbike.