Scam, rip off by a Doctor in Isaan, Sawang Den Ding

ALFREDO

And I thought I was the "Ultimate cynic"..... Everyone is spot on here ref the GF....

One thing many foreigners struggle to develop here is a tough outer shell or Rhino skin.

I learnt quickly that the more questions you ask and the less logic you get back means one thing...They are at it... and they insult my intelligence by thinking they can rip me off...

Time for a swift kick in the posterier out the door for her.

What do I do with the 3 children I have with her in the last 14 years relationship?

The youngest just 1,5 years young. sad.png

If you are prepared to put up with her seemingly manipulative behavior that is a personal choice and obviously the children's welfare and well being have to be taken into account, however, you do need , IMHO, to set some agreed boundaries within your relationship.

My wife would never deliberately rack up an 18k bill !

A partnership should be based on shared values and equal respect.

I wonder when you will post a scan of the itemised 18k bill?

There are people here who could advise on whether you have been fairly charged.

Edited by johnatong

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

karma, should have gone to a docter earlier and not when it suited you and were to lazy to get out of the car in the first place

My old NEMESIS cannot stop himself to stir in the sh.t. lol, but really reading and understanding,

he can't. rolleyes.gif

Suited me? NO. The timing of going, was her idea.

Only the city was in the right direction to my Steak shopping place..

I was also not to lazy to go out of the car - we had a dispute again and the air was thick.

Possibly, not go out of the car would have been better, the DOCTOR got a greater appetite, I think,

after he saw me the Falang with her, my GF. whistling.gif

And I thought I was the "Ultimate cynic"..... Everyone is spot on here ref the GF....

One thing many foreigners struggle to develop here is a tough outer shell or Rhino skin.

I learnt quickly that the more questions you ask and the less logic you get back means one thing...They are at it... and they insult my intelligence by thinking they can rip me off...

What do I do with the 3 children I have with her in the last 14 years relationship?

If you are prepared to put up with her seemingly manipulative behavior that is a personal choice and obviously the children's welfare and well being have to be taken into account, however, you do need , IMHO, to set some agreed boundaries within your relationship.

Before your keyboard attack have you had a look at post 19 ?

Not sure how or why you could be with such an unreseasonable partner.

Are not most women

and special Thai women from the countryside who get some taste of the bigger world, sooner or later "unreasonable"? whistling.gif

The problem is not the doctor. It's your "GF".

Get rid ASAP thumbsup.gif

14 years GF and 3 children 11, 8 and 1,5 together. Hmmm sad.pngblink.png

Will you be posting a scan of the itemised 18k bill?

Did already on page 1, have only the photo from Facebook in the moment from my Gf page I not home now.

He did a lot of blood tests and some urine tests too. Have all in a big bag I could take home. blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

"My wife would never deliberately rack up an 18k bill !"

She did that for sure also not deliberately. Did happen, as she did not ask questions and was take for a ride from that "nice" Doctor!bah.gif

With your other advice = "you are prepared to put up with her seemingly manipulative behavior that is a personal choice"

I will think good about it. whistling.gif

Before your keyboard attack have you had a look at post 19 ?

Opps !

Apologies to the OP I did miss that post.

I will ask my wife to translate the Thai .

I always leave Thai people to sort their own medical problems, on their own, using their own money.

It isn't my business, they don't listen to my advice, let them sort it out on their own.

They have free medical and cheap clinics.

I don't.

If you hadn't been there, you wouldn't have been asked to pay.

Not to mention there's always the risk the gf conspired with the doctor to scam you.

(bill him 18k and we'll split 50/50, some girls are really crafty with the various bill splitting scams)

Never put money in the outstretched hand, pay all invoices, properly itemized, to the billing company by yourself.

I'm sure this wasn't the case with you, but I don't like to think such thoughts, so better I'm never involved.

Good advices, but she cannot drive our family car and for whatever reason she did not want to go to her FREE clinic, she is woman with a Falang BF since 14 years and has 3 children with him = me.

So she deserves better, in her eye?

So. whatever a bad day. sad.png

If she thinks she "deserves better" simply because she has a "falang BF" as you say..... That's sounds like one hell of a character flaw to me......

Just me personally, but that is one character trait I would never, ever tolerate in a women.....

It's so sad the OP mentioned that he was waiting in the car with their children while she was in the hospital seeing the doctor. That would imply their relationship is long-standing and, sadly, children are involved. He can't just kick her to the curb.

He should be better educated about what medical services are available at local hospitals. As mentioned, it's nearly impossible to rack up a bill for 18,000 baht in a small hospital that's not equipped with anything more than an x-ray machine.

I living in Isaan since 2002, I know the cheap possibilities of small Amphoe clinics, but what can you do if a woman wants it differently.sad.png

My GF and I had been both surprised what that Doctor guy had in his small clinic and now I know how he finances that all! blink.png

What can you do if the women wants it differently? I guess it depends on who is paying. Considering she is not dying of brain cancer, she should have been perfectly fine with going to a cheap or free clinic for something as minor as a nose irritation. And then, if things get worse and the cheap clinic cannot handle it..... Escalate to a more expensive option.

It honestly sounds as if your GF stubbed her toe and demanded to be checked into the ICU. Not rational behavior at all for an adult.....

Edited by inbangkok

No scam has been perpatrated but very sharp practice by the doctor.They know their people will not ask questions and will blindly accept what they say.That's why you have to be there ever step of the way.They don't like it when i say,"no more bloody para,got enough for the next year".

Sorry OP, but I would say the bill was 4k, the rest was for the GF.

Why the urgency on her part, then a high sting for money, seems very odd.

A CT/Brain scan in Thailand, in the sticks, at short notice ? I doubt it.

Think you were taken for a ride mate.sad.png

You'd be surprised what these small hospitals have,mine has a brand new ct scanner.As Alfredo said,the place was empty,so straight in.

If the g/f agreed to what was proposed what are you complaining about ?

The only "Scam" is the one you have invented.

Will you be posting a scan of the itemised invoice for this alleged 18k bill ?

Learn to speak Thai then you might understand what the g/f was trying to tell you.

NB

Are "small clinics" equipped with X-Ray machines and CT scanners in Nakon Nowhere ?

Yes,some are.

Learn to speak Thai then you might understand what the g/f was trying to tell you.

NB

Are "small clinics" equipped with X-Ray machines and CT scanners in Nakon Nowhere ?

She is complaining too!

https://www.facebook.com/boonta.detsakul?fref=nf&pnref=story

535250_1737471523152153_3524139259102311

I do not have to learn Thai, the Doctor spoke well english also.

And my GF since 14 years too!

As I have a lot of X-Rays now - yes some clinics are equipped with such things. ;-)

Also as I saw later the Doctor had a BIG Menue on the wall with all the costs of his offers - of testing.

That to show you later if you like to complain! tongue.pngblink.png

Well done Alfredo.A lot of disrespect shown to a long standing member,with over 4000 post.I get into the obvious trolls on this site but you deserve more latitude from other long time members.What's wrong with keeping the kids occupied in the car,probably tired after the plane and car trip.

Don't know if you can read john,but he has already done that.The gf didn't know it was going to cost 18k.

It's so sad the OP mentioned that he was waiting in the car with their children while she was in the hospital seeing the doctor. That would imply their relationship is long-standing and, sadly, children are involved. He can't just kick her to the curb.

He should be better educated about what medical services are available at local hospitals. As mentioned, it's nearly impossible to rack up a bill for 18,000 baht in a small hospital that's not equipped with anything more than an x-ray machine.

I living in Isaan since 2002, I know the cheap possibilities of small Amphoe clinics, but what can you do if a woman wants it differently.sad.png

My GF and I had been both surprised what that Doctor guy had in his small clinic and now I know how he finances that all! blink.png

What can you do if the women wants it differently? I guess it depends on who is paying. Considering she is not dying of brain cancer, she should have been perfectly fine with going to a cheap or free clinic for something as minor as a nose irritation. And then, if things get worse and the cheap clinic cannot handle it..... Escalate to a more expensive option.

It honestly sounds as if your GF stubbed her toe and demanded to be checked into the ICU. Not rational behavior at all for an adult.....

How do you know she didn't have brain cancer,you only know that after the scan or blood and urine tests.After a long trip,sick partner,3 young kids and hot weather,it's not easy.Some peoples pain threshold is different.

Don't know if you can read john,but he has already done that.The gf didn't know it was going to cost 18k.

Just wondering how the doctor knew the Thai lady could pay 18k cash, it's not the norm for most Thais.

And usually the doctors don't rack up a bill, until they are sure the victim patient can pay it.

The clinic near me charges 80bht per person, per visit, usually including the generic meds.

If they presented anyone with a bill for 18k, it wouldn't be paid.

Edited by BritManToo

I always leave Thai people to sort their own medical problems, on their own, using their own money.

It isn't my business, they don't listen to my advice, let them sort it out on their own.

I don't.

Not to mention there's always the risk the gf conspired with the doctor to scam you.

(bill him 18k and we'll split 50/50, some girls are really crafty with the various bill splitting scams)

Never put money in the outstretched hand, pay all invoices, properly itemized, to the billing company by yourself.

I'm sure this wasn't the case with you, but I don't like to think such thoughts, so better I'm never involved.

Good advices, but she cannot drive our family car and for whatever reason she did not want to go to her FREE clinic, she is woman with a Falang BF since 14 years and has 3 children with him = me.

If she thinks she "deserves better" simply because she has a "falang BF" as you say..... That's sounds like one hell of a character flaw to me......

Just me personally, but that is one character trait I would never, ever tolerate in a women.....

Right, but from age 20 - to 30+ people can change? blink.png

You wrong = "your GF stubbed her toe and demanded to be checked into the ICU"

The Doctor wanted to check with all possibilities and for all cost, if that is necessary and he found an easy prey, my GF. .bah.gif

You right. = "Not rational behavior at all for an adult....." In most of the story from my GF . blink.png sad.png

NB

She is complaining too!

https://www.facebook.com/boonta.detsakul?fref=nf&pnref=story

535250_1737471523152153_3524139259102311

I do not have to learn Thai, the Doctor spoke well english also.

And my GF since 14 years too!

As I have a lot of X-Rays now - yes some clinics are equipped with such things. ;-)

Also as I saw later the Doctor had a BIG Menue on the wall with all the costs of his offers - of testing.

That to show you later if you like to complain! tongue.pngblink.png

Well done Alfredo.A lot of disrespect shown to a long standing member,with over 4000 post.I get into the obvious trolls on this site but you deserve more latitude from other long time members.What's wrong with keeping the kids occupied in the car,probably tired after the plane and car trip.

Thank you =louse1953= thumbsup.gif

The reason why I was sitting in the car for some minutes, had more reasons,

one, unsure if she would get a possibility to be checked in a acceptable time, so, I waited and if she not came out soon, its ok, small waiting time - I wanted to go in too.

second, we have troubling times all together and every small thing same that nose problem, can be blown up in a big discussion about all our problems and so it seemed already in these days and at that time.

I wanted to let the steam subside.

third, I was in favor to get a first opinion in the local Amphoe clinic, but she had no trust in their skills and true is, it is not much done in these Isaan Amphoe clinics, most it will be sent to the Government Hospital in Udon Thani city, where long queues are waiting for you. whistling.gif

Just wondering how the doctor knew the Thai lady could pay 18k cash, it's not the norm for most Thais.

And usually the doctors don't rack up a bill, until they are sure the victim patient can pay it.

The clinic near me charges 80bht per person, per visit, usually including the generic meds.

If they presented anyone with a bill for 18k, it wouldn't be paid.

He saw me on her side! blink.pngbah.gif

Should have stayed in the car the whole time,

or gone with her in and sitting all time with her hearing what is talked about

and been the person to put the breaks on any expensive procedure asking the right questions,

like = What does that cost! . whistling.gif

The only person who got scammed was the OP.

Regarding the costs - yes, mostly, she offered to pay it back, cut off from her allowance.

She feels bad too to, having fallen for that scam and did not ask in time the right questions, its also a problem regarding the status of our relationship.

Difficult to think right way, for both of us.

blink.png

How do you know she didn't have brain cancer,you only know that after the scan or blood and urine tests.After a long trip,sick partner,3 young kids and hot weather,it's not easy.Some peoples pain threshold is different.

Because it would be absurdly stupid to jump to such a conclusion because of a blocked sinus or whatever on a flight with no prior pro lens or history. Thus the reason I clearly stated that escalating the medical situation at a later point may have well been required. But to jump to brain scans immediately over something like this is just laughable and I would question any Dr that would order such a scan over something so minor...... Do you run to the hospital for an MRI every time you get a headache?

This is just common sense.....brain scans over a first time discomfort in the sinuses? Give me a break!!!

I don't.

Right, but from age 20 - to 30+ people can change? blink.png

Yep.... And again.... Definitely not a change I would ever tolerate. Everyone (including Thai people) talk horrible about the women who show off and think they are special only because of their foreign partner.....up to you of you are OK with it or not I guess.

Alfredo…looks like you got the typical thai villager showoff wife who loves to announce she is married to a farang with financial means.

These bills will keep mounting unless you reign your wife in.

Good instruction, difficult to execute. rolleyes.gif

I think Alfredo just decribes a normal relationship between a farang and a poor Isaan woman .

It doesn't matter if you've been married for 14 years. your wife is no longer poor and will never visit an 80 baht clinic anymore when she can have the best there is , even if it's a scam . The farang will pay!

Edited by balo

Because it would be absurdly stupid to jump to such a conclusion because of a blocked sinus or whatever on a flight with no prior pro lens or history. Thus the reason I clearly stated that escalating the medical situation at a later point may have well been required. But

to jump to brain scans immediately over something like this is just laughable and I would question any Dr that would order such a scan over something so minor....
.. Do you run to the hospital for an MRI every time you get a headache?

This is just common sense.....brain scans over a first time discomfort in the sinuses? Give me a break!!!

=inbangkok=

you right,

"to jump to brain scans immediately over something like this is just laughable and I would question any Dr that would order such a scan over something so minor...."

"Do you run to the hospital for an MRI every time you get a headache?"

"This is just common sense.....brain scans over a first-time discomfort in the sinuses? Give me a break!!!"

The CULPRIT is the "questionable" Doctor,bah.gif

who got us both in a weak psychological situation on the wrong foot and used that to his big win.

We are the dumb sheep!!! I normally not so much, but on that day too! blink.png